Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

So much sass... everyone let's just remember these races should be fun. So let's congratulate everyone on their accomplishments this weekend!

I love the movie Mean Girls. Don't really care to see it reenacted on DisBoards.

I'm so glad this event was such a major improvement over Tinkerbell. Security was quick and easy, although I made it through the metal detectors on both Saturday and Sunday with my car key in my pocket. Lots of characters in the parks and loads more community support on the mean streets of Anaheim compared to the crickets we got 4 months ago.

Fingers crossed that we get to keep running 4 events a year here in CA.

Ok not cool Mother Nature. Cloudy, cool and a nice breeze in the parks today. This would have been perfect yesterday morning.

I just got home from a half day at Disneyland and am trying to not be bitter. But yeah - this was our promised weather for yesterday.

Not cool, weather. Not cool at all! :sad:

PS @Davidg83 - great job on at least finishing Sub 3-- it was an extremely difficult race and I had to push to get 2:46. To be only 13 mins off my usual running time was a struggle.

Ok not cool Mother Nature. Cloudy, cool and a nice breeze in the parks today. This would have been perfect yesterday morning.
We were thinking the same thing! So not fair. But parks were packed. Must have been three times as many people today at noon then there were on Friday. We left very quickly.

I just got home from a half day at Disneyland and am trying to not be bitter. But yeah - this was our promised weather for yesterday.

Not cool, weather. Not cool at all! :sad:

PS @Davidg83 - great job on at least finishing Sub 3-- it was an extremely difficult race and I had to push to get 2:46. To be only 13 mins off my usual running time was a struggle.

I hear you! I am still in Anaheim and just walked back to the hotel. I couldn't believe how cool it was outside. I was thinking that a jacket might be needed if I go back to the park tonight!

Last edited:
i would much prefer people use the private message option here if there is a need to correct the record when an honest mistake is made. Thank you.

I agree that finishing this half should be a pat on the back. The humidity from the start was tough and finishers should be proud no matter your finish time. As of right now, the results page show the people who got swept and their split times. If you look at results and put in a search for any state like CA where there were a lot of half starters, you'll see the splits for even the people who got swept. You'll see that many of the 5K split times are 50 minutes and even over a hour. This shows how tough this was from the start as many people that got swept don't even have a 10k split and got swept before 6.2 miles into the race. Maybe half that got swept even made it to the 15k split mat. This just goes to show it was a tough one from start to end. Congratulations... the medal is well earned.

Last edited:
I did the 5k with my mom(her first ever) and then I ran my first 10k ever. this was my one year anniversary with running(5k last year was my first ever) and I had an amazing time! Thanks to everyone out there who was so supportive! It truly was a race I will never forget.

How do I see all the results? When I go to the results page and click on any race, I have to select a division. Then I get only the top three finishers in that division. I'd like to see the entire list. It seems that a lot of people are doing that--mentioning the long list of Did Not Finishers. How??

How do I see all the results? When I go to the results page and click on any race, I have to select a division. Then I get only the top three finishers in that division. I'd like to see the entire list. It seems that a lot of people are doing that--mentioning the long list of Did Not Finishers. How??

You can find results for all the races here. https://www.rundisney.com/results/

Select race from drop down and then click on the get results button on lower left.

That's what I've been doing. It gives me the complete list for the Double Dare and the military divisions, but only the top three for the half and 10K. Weird.

Oh, I see what you want to do now. Yeah, I'm not sure if you can get a full list.

So now that we've wrapped up the Disneyland Half weekend what's everyone's next runDisney race? Mine will be the 5k + Challenge during Super Heroes weekend then onto the Dopey Challenge. After that who knows since nothing in California is announced.

Dopey for me. I have Chicago and Marine Corps before that. I decided three race weekends in six weeks was just a bit too much and opted to not do Superheroes.

So now that we've wrapped up the Disneyland Half weekend what's everyone's next runDisney race? Mine will be the 5k + Challenge during Super Heroes weekend then onto the Dopey Challenge. After that who knows since nothing in California is announced.

See you at the Avengers race! Doing all three as well for Kellsie's Hope - excited to run for charity. :)

Just chiming in late here on the races this weekend. This was my first trip to DL and although we had a good time, it will likely be my last. I thought the races were well organized, but I wasn't too fond of the course for the half, other than running through the parks. I was in Corral A and had a not so great experience there (not something that happened to me, but something is witnessed). There was a guy there (Bib #62) that was a real creep. I saw him harassing women and making a few of them very uncomfortable. He started out telling them that he liked their outfit, then asked them if they come here often. After the ice breaker, he then asked them when they graduated high school. Odd question to ask I thought. Unfortunately one girl ended up in the same graduating year as he was and he would not leave her alone. In fact, this is where it got really creepy. She eventually was trying to get away from him and every time she took a couple of steps, he would move right along with her. I think she started to get nervous and I was worried that if I stepped in, she would get even more freaked out, so I just stood behind the two of them. He then looked the other way and she darted off behind some other guy and I stepped up in her place. He turned around and looked at me with a puzzled look on his face. Fortunately, I don't think he ever did find her, so he started the same procedure on anther girl and fortunately for her, she didn't give him the time of day. If you are out there Bib #62 (and I don't know if it's appropriate to post Bib numbers here, but this creep should be called out as he is a nuisance to other runners), you really need to grow up. You were acting as if you were 15, not 25. Just a warning to everyone out there who runs Disneyland races, since this guy is from Thousand Oaks, CA and likely does the Disney races frequently.

W&D and Dopey are up next for me. Then Princess, nothing else scheduled after that.

My first race trip to Disneyland was pretty awesome minus the weather for the half - I slowed up my pace 2+ min/mile or so with that. I was worried about the horror stories from Tink but felt like everything ran smoothly for me. I hope runDisney feels confident in their ability to hold future west coast races and that Anaheim agrees.

This was my first challenge and I definitely learned some things from this weekend that'll help with future challenges, Dopey especially. I leave feeling like there's more training to do but feel like I'm on track for my first marathon/Dopey.

planning out my run schedule for the rest of the year...wish I could go to avengers but cant get out of work. Hoping they put out next years disneyland races info soon...other wise no disney races until I can go to Disneyworld in 2019:mad:

Marathon weekend= half and nothing else Disney planned. Was hoping to run Light Side but that's looking like a no go. Also wanted to do Tink again but it's not looking too promising either :confused: Praying they have the Disneyland Half next year.

We know for certain we are going to do W&D next year. Very excited about that - and it's over a year out lol!

We've got some fun stuff planned non-Disney. Rock n Roll Vegas and San Fran, Long Beach and Surf City and most likely OC in May to replace Tink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!