(off topic) All Around Good Tunes

HeDiedxILive

because He lives
I put this on the teen board, but I would love all of your opinions as well.

I am going on a nice 8 hour drive on Monday morning... and then back again. Needless to say... music might end up keeping me sane.
Right now I am in the process of giving my iPod a total and complete update. I need some new stuff.

So, I am asking all of you for your help.

What song(s) do you think that every mp3 player absolutely MUST have?
I mean, not just what you like specifically... but the general stuff that everyone has gotta have to make their music collection real!

For instance, I think that everyone just HAS to have the Kung Fu Fighting song for a complete music collection.

What do you guys think? What songs do I need to download? :confused3

Knowing you, a group that is very easy to listen to for long periods of time is a local women's group called Sacrifice of Praise. Two of the ladies sang in my wedding before the lead Susan Bruk began making solo albums. The three together have great harmony and inspiration. I guarantee you won't be disappointed, unless you're stricly hard core rapping or country. :rolleyes:

I do recommend buying the CD rather than downloading from itunes or whatever. It's higher quality, you get the words, and can download it yourself to the computer to put on your system.

DS downloaded about 7 CrazyFrog songs. Now THERE's somthing to listen to all day long!! :bounce: :bounce: :crazy:

if you are like me and like techno or want some good techno songs i suggest:

audio bullys ft. nancy cinatra- shot you down
i think this song is awesome BUT YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE ENTIRE THING PLZ TRUST ME the beginning is a little weird but the rest is AWESOME

Thanks... I'll check them out!

LOL come on guys... 40 views and only 2 replies? You all have music you enjoy... right?

if you like some hip hop music that you can dance to in the car, the edited version of Londom Bridge by Fergie is REALLY good. i like that one a lot.

~Green

I could listen to Relient K for hours. If you are going for something that everyone must have, I would say go for oldies. Earth, Wind and Fire, the Temptations, Marvin Gay. You cant go wrong with those. Also, try some classical or musicals. Those are always easy listening.

I really love the Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack. I listen to that everywhere I go. I know weird right? Haha. If you haven't heard it you should download it. It really gets you in a Disney Mood.

cat_herder said:
The Beatles

:thumbsup2

Louis Prima! One of the greatest jazz/trumpeteers of all time.
Tchaikovsky! It's classical but it's exciting and keeps you awake.
Elton John?
Aretha Franklin :)

Music just isn't what it used to be...

HeDiedxILive said:
What song(s) do you think that every mp3 player absolutely MUST have?
I mean, not just what you like specifically... but the general stuff that everyone has gotta have to make their music collection real!

For instance, I think that everyone just HAS to have the Kung Fu Fighting song for a complete music collection.

What do you guys think? What songs do I need to download? :confused3

Of course, anything from the classic Rock n Roll era - Beatles, Beach Boys, Elvis, Jackson 5, Temptations, Chuck Berry, Everly Brothers, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Cream, Mamas & the Papas, Simon & Garfunkel, Four Tops, Martha & the Vandellas, Stevie Wonder, Supremes...I could go on and on. :)

Big Band/Swing is always good too. :) People like Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, Count Basie, Glenn Miller, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Fletcher Henderson, Billie Holiday, Artie Shaw, Kay Kyser.

Then Traditional Pop/Standards: Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Doris Day, Judy Garland, Lena Horne, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand and more. Anything written by Cole Porter, Irving Berlin & Gershwin.

Classical music is always great too. Tchaikovsky (as previously mentioned) Mozart & Beethoven are a must add to any collection. And you might be surprised by how much may seem familiar. ;) Also: Brahms, Haydn, Schubert, Shostakovich, Dvorák, Bach, Vivaldi, Mendelssohn & Rachmaninov are those to include.

Now on to my own personal love - Electronica. :)
Anything done by Tiësto (including his remix of PotC song He's a Pirate), Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Paul van Dyk, Ronski Speed, 4 Strings, Blank & Jones, Matt Darey, BT, Ian Van Dahl, Above & Beyond, Fragma, Oceanlab, Jam and Spoon, Gabriel & Dresden, Cascada, newer Madonna, Chemical Brothers, Goldfrapp, Massive Attack and much more.

I can go on an on about music. My own personal belief, listen to every type of genre. :) Which, of course, is why I own more than 1500 albums & singles. Not to mention the 105 GB of music on my computer.

zeniff: That's Nancy Sinatra. :)

Oh. And a great source of musical info: www.allmusic.com. Also, Wikipedia is a good source.

cteddiesgirl said:
Big Band/Swing is always good too. :) People like Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, Count Basie, Glenn Miller, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Fletcher Henderson, Billie Holiday, Artie Shaw, Kay Kyser.

Then Traditional Pop/Standards: Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Doris Day, Judy Garland, Lena Horne, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand and more. Anything written by Cole Porter, Irving Berlin & Gershwin.

This stuff is amazing :thumbsup2

Well, I don't have much time right now as I am on vacation, but here are a few of my current favorites.
Theory Of a Deadman- No Surprise, Better Off, Since You've Been Gone, Hello Lonely
The Fray- All of their songs <3
Hinder- Lips of an Angel

And of course anything by jack johnson and coldplay :)

Subscribe to a bunch of podcasts, and download a bunch of episodes tonight.

Some I'd recommend:

- Trapped On Vacation. 'Earl' reports from Disney World and other Orlando-area resorts.

- Magnatune offers many hour-long podcasts, each featuring one kind of music from an extremely wide variety.

- Insomnia Radio is good for indie rock.

- Coverville has lots of good covers of popular music.

- Dave's Lounge is good for downtempo stuff, but probably will be too sleepy for a long drive.

- Techtronic Sound has lots of uptempo techno stuff - I enjoy it.

- And, of course, don't forget Statler & Waldorf: From The Balcony!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter