#of rooms percent discount vs. rack rate

Troy08

Mouseketeer
I've always been curious about this-DW has what, something like 15,000 hotels rooms on property. What do you think is the percentage of people paying rack rate vs. those receiving some sort of discount(AP, pin code e-mail code) I am not counting AAA in these since so many people belong to AAA and the discount for those rooms is not that great. Do you think its like 60-40, discount,rack or 80-20 discount, rack or more rack then discount?

According to http://www.disneypix.com/Resorts/ResortFF.htm:

Total Rooms 25,585 (adding Disney operated rooms + Disney Vacation club rooms)

Disney only allocates so many rooms for each discount, including AAA.

I think only Disney can answer this question - but I bet it is 70-30 or 80-20 or so, with more people paying rack rate than getting a discount.

Look at it this way - there are thousands of travel agencies out there, and how many do we hear of that do what companies like DU and Dream Come True Vacations and Small World do? Most of your brick and mortar agencies and AAA agencies have never heard of a discount code - let alone pro-actively try and apply them for their clients to save them money.

How many people see the $1500 Magic Your Way promotion for a family of 4 and think that that is the best they can get? and then call Disney and just book it?

I have a friend that I work with who goes to Disney every August with her family of 4 and stay at the Grand Floridian for a week - in a Lodge Tower room - and up until this year, they paid rack rate!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter