Odds of good AP or code rates mid Oct?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I booked ASMo with DC discount, at a 10% discount. Each night will be 95. with tax. I was wondering if anyone remembers what the discounts were last year and prior in Oct. Do you think they will be as good or better? When should I start checking for codes, AP discounts, Visa discounts?

Also, I have a mid size with National booked at 293 (including taxes) for 2 weeks. The price has not budged in over a month. When do rental car rates for Oct start having discount codes and specials?

As recently as 2000, there were NO discounts for mid-October other than DC or AAA -- it was very high season. Sept. 11 changed all that, though, so I think it will just depend on whether the economy picks up enough to get big numbers traveling then.

I'm hoping for October codes too.

Back in 2001 I was just learning about codes & AP discounts. I kept reading that discounts were never offered in Oct, Nov or Dec. I remember when AP discounts for the last quarter of 2001 were released in July 2001 - it was unbelievable! I got the Polynesian (GV) for $179/night (pre-tax). This was even before 9/11.

In 2002 we went in September and I remember the AP discount for the Polynesian (GV) was $209/night. The code that was released later was better at $184/night.

Before we checked in at the Polynesian we spent one night at ASMu. With my AP discount I spent $60 (includes tax) for the night. But, this was September.

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter