Odd parking structure issue, Buzz info and park report

Keep a trash bag in your car, hold it up to your window and tell the CM to throw the receipt in there. Problem solved.
Some people are concerned about potential adverse health effects from handling receipts printed on thermal paper, which is most receipts these days. The risk is significant, mainly for the cashier who must handle them all of the time. Interestingly, the effects of the chemicals are heightened wen the cashier uses hand sanitizer, meaning the chemical absorption is substantially greater.

Edited to add: you can do an internet search and find studies on this issue. I'm going to include a snip from one of them about recommendations for consumers:
To minimize exposure, consumers should:
• Avoid getting printed receipts or choose an electronic receipt option.
• If you take a receipt, fold it printed side in. The backside is typically not coated.
• Consider keeping a flat bag or envelope in your backpack or purse in which to place receipts. BPA and BPS readily rub off onto items in your purse or wallet.
• Do not hand receipts to babies or children.
• Wash hands after handling receipts (Minnesota PCA n.d.).
• Put receipts into the trash instead of recycling to reduce contamination in recycled paper products.

Of all the things to worry about in the world...

Might as well just hide away in a bunker somewhere.

You know the entire Disneyland Resort is basically a cancer generator. I presume you've noticed all the warning signs.

Does it really take that long to get a receipt? Just take it and trash it on your way in. It's NOT that big of a deal.

If you feel it takes a few seconds away from whatever you're running to, leave your house earlier.

I don't think you really understand Wonka.... :) He is unique in a good way. I'm sure some of your students are the same. You never know what will set them off.

I still want to shadow him in Buzz so I can roll up huge scores. My wife sometimes beats me and I am completely emasculated. Usually ruins my whole vacation.... :D

I’m just glad you’re back in the park and since you didn’t mention it, hopefully you are feeling better every day.
Thank you! - that’s very kind. It’s been a gradual recovery. Once I begin to feel better, I head back out and go back to my routine. The following day, then, I feel tired and worn out. As I do today. I made a point to minimize my walking at the park yesterday - about 3.5 miles. But apparently that remains a bit much for me. I’m still down about 14 pounds. Hopefully I’ll climb back to a healthy weight in a reasonable time. Thanks again for asking.

You may not want the receipt, but chances are the CM will get a talking to if you don't take it. Yes I know it's not the CM's fault you didn't take it and it may be a random chance that a lead sees it, but that has very little to do with the actual result to the CM of your not taking it.
To add one more variable to this, Disney hires a wide variety of employees, including special needs. If the training says they are to take the card, do A, punch B, remove the receipt, give receipt to customer, changing this can really disrupt them. I'm not saying this is the situation, just saying you never know. I use a local Taco Bell frequently, and they always ask if I want my receipt. I say no. But I know there is 1 cashier that will still hand it to me. It is very simple to just take it and put it in the trash.

To add one more variable to this, Disney hires a wide variety of employees, including special needs. If the training says they are to take the card, do A, punch B, remove the receipt, give receipt to customer, changing this can really disrupt them. I'm not saying this is the situation, just saying you never know. I use a local Taco Bell frequently, and they always ask if I want my receipt. I say no. But I know there is 1 cashier that will still hand it to me. It is very simple to just take it and put it in the trash.

Thank you for pointing this out. My sons are special needs and I would hope when they finally get jobs, people don't give them a hard time about them just doing what they have been taught to do. It would stress them out to have someone "break the chain," so to speak, and be difficult just for the sake of it.

To add one more variable to this, Disney hires a wide variety of employees, including special needs. If the training says they are to take the card, do A, punch B, remove the receipt, give receipt to customer, changing this can really disrupt them.
Yes, of course I considered that. But this happened about three weekends in a row with three different CMs. Had it merely been a one-time thing, I would have let it pass without comment.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter