October/November solo trip planning~ (First visit!)

lubichan

Earning My Ears
Hello! I'd made a thread here previously, but it's been somewhat buried and I don't really know how to navigate these forums.
While I'm obviously waiting and hoping that a discount will pop up for my dates (October 23rd and November 3rd), I'm more than halfway through with paying for the hotel and really looking forward to it. ...And trying to navigate the world of FastPass+ reservations (for late August).

More info - I'm 26, travelling alone, from South America (more specifically, Buenos Aires), and staying at the Pop Century hotel, without Hopper.

Monday 23rd - Arrival. Plane should get there around noon, so I'm hoping I'd be at my hotel by 3 pm. Probably swing by Wal-Mart. Dinner at the T-Rex Cafe for 9.30 pm.
Tuesday 24th - Epcot. Extra Magic Hours.
Wednesday 25th - Magic Kingdom. Lunch at Be Our Guest for 1 pm.
Thursday 26th - Universal (either Studios or Island of Adventure).
Friday 27th - Volcano Bay. Dinner at Chef Mickey's for 9.05 pm.
Saturday 28th - Free day? Late lunch for 4 pm at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop.
Sunday 29th - Hollywood Studios.
Monday 30th - Universal (either Studios or Island of Adventure).
Tuesday 31st - Animal Kingdom. Dinner at Tusker House for 6.45 pm.
Wednesday 1st - Universal (either Studios or Island of Adventure) ... or maybe repeat Animal Kingdom?
Thursday 2nd - Last night. Magic Kingdom. Dinner at the Crystal Palace for 8.05 pm.
Wednesday 3rd - Plane leaves at 5 pm. Try to get some brunch at AoA around 11 am.

Would you change/add anything? Switch dates around? I'm very welcome to suggestions, although the reservations I've made for food are pretty much a lock-in for me.

Thank you so much!

I would book one night (The 26th) at one of the US hotels for their FOTL access. This way you get two days of FOTL access to all rides at US/IoA.
You get into the parks/VBay an hour before the parks open and FOTL access on all rides at US/IoA.
Make US/IoA the 26th and 27th and VBay on the 30th.
You save monies by not paying for travel between Pop Century and US/IoA.

I would book one night (The 26th) at one of the US hotels for their FOTL access. This way you get two days of FOTL access to all rides at US/IoA.
You get into the parks/VBay an hour before the parks open and FOTL access on all rides at US/IoA.
Make US/IoA the 26th and 27th and VBay on the 30th.
You save monies by not paying for travel between Pop Century and US/IoA.
Would I really save that much money? I'm seeing that a one-night stay at Cabana Bay (I'm not sure if that's the cheapest) is at $159. Even with every ride back and forth being $15 on an Uber, it doesn't sound like a deal for me.
(Also $1 dollar right now is about $16 pesos so it's a big difference)

Is standing in lines at US/IoA vs spending the funds to have the FOTL access and one hour early entry worth it to you? Only you can determine if the monies spent are worth it.
I am just making suggestions for how I would plan the trip, that is what you ask for.

Is standing in lines at US/IoA vs spending the funds to have the FOTL access and one hour early entry worth it to you? Only you can determine if the monies spent are worth it.
I am just making suggestions for how I would plan the trip, that is what you ask for.
I'm very sorry, I didn't mean for it to come off as rude. I obviously don't know anything at all about being there (nor the magnitude and length of the lines) which is precisely why I'm asking for advise.
I will surely take it into account, specially if any type of discount pops up for the October/November Pop reservation.

I'm very sorry, I didn't mean for it to come off as rude. I obviously don't know anything at all about being there (nor the magnitude and length of the lines) which is precisely why I'm asking for advise.
I will surely take it into account, specially if any type of discount pops up for the October/November Pop reservation.
I didn't think you sounded rude, just curious. I will add that I think that Cabana Bay doesn't include the thing that lets you skip the rides, but I could be wrong. It is nice but if it's a huge price difference for you then I wouldn't worry too much about it. IMO lines in universal are not as bad as lines in Disney can be. I agree with the other commenter that if you do book at a US hotel for that benefit, do your US days when you're at the hotel, don't split them up.
Also in terms of restaurants you could do a lot better than T-Rex. There are better & more fun places to eat at the resorts/Disney Springs/Boardwalk. Are you doing Crystal Palace & Chef Mickeys for the character meals or are you a foodie? Because I would say maybe only do one character meal & branch out again on these - maybe check out something on the monorail line with better food like Ohana or California Grill! But that's just because I'm not a big character meal person. If you enjoy them, have fun! Be sure to bring your autograph book or a tshirt or whatever else you're using to collect autographs. :) I have a blank Mickey vinylmation but I don't know if you can buy those in the parks anymore.

I didn't think you sounded rude, just curious. I will add that I think that Cabana Bay doesn't include the thing that lets you skip the rides, but I could be wrong. It is nice but if it's a huge price difference for you then I wouldn't worry too much about it. IMO lines in universal are not as bad as lines in Disney can be. I agree with the other commenter that if you do book at a US hotel for that benefit, do your US days when you're at the hotel, don't split them up.
Also in terms of restaurants you could do a lot better than T-Rex. There are better & more fun places to eat at the resorts/Disney Springs/Boardwalk. Are you doing Crystal Palace & Chef Mickeys for the character meals or are you a foodie? Because I would say maybe only do one character meal & branch out again on these - maybe check out something on the monorail line with better food like Ohana or California Grill! But that's just because I'm not a big character meal person. If you enjoy them, have fun! Be sure to bring your autograph book or a tshirt or whatever else you're using to collect autographs. :) I have a blank Mickey vinylmation but I don't know if you can buy those in the parks anymore.

Oh, thank you! I just recently switched from Pop Century to All-Star Sports (saving almost $350), so my total to-pay-for now amounts to $357.
I've been looking through suggestions in a latin american board, too, and they all mentioned Crystal Palace & Chef Mickey's. Somebody also mentioned Garden Grill? I'm kind of iffy on all the buffets because I'm not really a big eater but I'd love the chance to meet the characters. I'll have to think about buying an autograph book (hopefully they'll have them at Wal-Mart?) since I'm planning on going to so many character buffets.
Thank you so much, by the way.

Oh, thank you! I just recently switched from Pop Century to All-Star Sports (saving almost $350), so my total to-pay-for now amounts to $357.
I've been looking through suggestions in a latin american board, too, and they all mentioned Crystal Palace & Chef Mickey's. Somebody also mentioned Garden Grill? I'm kind of iffy on all the buffets because I'm not really a big eater but I'd love the chance to meet the characters. I'll have to think about buying an autograph book (hopefully they'll have them at Wal-Mart?) since I'm planning on going to so many character buffets.
Thank you so much, by the way.
No problem! Garden Grill is an all-you-can-eat, so maybe see if some folks on here want to do a meet up or something. I struggle with that too, buffets are wasted on me. It is good though, I've eaten there twice!

No problem! Garden Grill is an all-you-can-eat, so maybe see if some folks on here want to do a meet up or something. I struggle with that too, buffets are wasted on me. It is good though, I've eaten there twice!
I'm going to start adding up prices for every place I have a reservation for -- here's hoping I don't break the bank.
Did just buy a ticket for Halloween Horror Night for the 30th - since I was already planning on going to the park on that day - and used the Coca Cola discount (so it came up to about $63).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!