October 27th, 2018 7-Night Western Caribbean *Part 2*

@Impromark and @bcwife76 - Have you done Kennedy Space Center? I haven’t, but maybe that would be a good time filler?

The friends that we are travelling with on this cruise (they aren't on the DisBoards) are doing Kennedy the day before our cruise. However, that holds no appeal to us lol So I think, depending how much we exhaust Disney Springs on the Friday (we have a lunch ressie at Morimoto and then a dinner back at AKL at Saana) we may return to Disney Springs for a while before heading to the airport.

Hello I just booked this cruise today. Looking forward to it. I was on the May 5th eastern cruise. It was great but I love the western. This is our 13th cruise and my son Jon's grand slam. My daughter did hers on the may 5th cruise.
Sailing is My DW Jennifer (platinum) ; DS Aaron (gold), DD Rebekah (gold) and DS Jonathan (gold).

Last edited:
Hello I just booked this cruise today. Looking forward to it. I was on the May 5th eastern cruise. It was great but I love the western. This is our 13th cruise and my son Jon's grand slam. My daughter did hers on the may 5th cruise.
Sailing is My DW Jennifer (platinum) ; DS Aaron (gold), DD Rebekah (gold) and DS Jonathan (gold).

Oh wow! #goals!

Yes there is an FB group but we are not allowed to put the link here so you will need to search for it. Welcome aboard!

I did Kennedy waaaaaay back and am a space nerd. Alas, DW and DD8 are not so much, so I'll take that hit for the team. Last time I was there, there was a shuttle on the pad and I loved it. I understand that things are rather different these days though.

But we do have a rental! We're coming in on the 25th and have the 26th to do .... Something we haven't planned yet. One day at WDW isn't worth it IMO and we already did Disney Shanghai back in April, so whatever we end up doing it'll be economical but anywhere we can drive. :)

As for the way back, our flight is also at 4pm Saturday but we haven't booked transportation yet. A shuttle of some sort seems to be the way to go. Not sure how much trouble we can get into if we rented, as some suggest to do? We're returning to Canada and while customs is taken care of when we land, I hear MCO security can be a bear so I'm not sure if we want to risk it...

Mark

I did Kennedy waaaaaay back and am a space nerd. Alas, DW and DD8 are not so much, so I'll take that hit for the team. Last time I was there, there was a shuttle on the pad and I loved it. I understand that things are rather different these days though.

But we do have a rental! We're coming in on the 25th and have the 26th to do .... Something we haven't planned yet. One day at WDW isn't worth it IMO and we already did Disney Shanghai back in April, so whatever we end up doing it'll be economical but anywhere we can drive. :)

As for the way back, our flight is also at 4pm Saturday but we haven't booked transportation yet. A shuttle of some sort seems to be the way to go. Not sure how much trouble we can get into if we rented, as some suggest to do? We're returning to Canada and while customs is taken care of when we land, I hear MCO security can be a bear so I'm not sure if we want to risk it...

Mark

We're in Canada, too! Where are you guys coming from? We're from Vancouver so it's a LONG travel day. We are flying in on the 24th YVR-SFO-MCO. Doing the Halloween party on the evening of the 25th but no other park days. Flying home we go through LA and with our flight not leaving Florida til 4:15 it's making for an even longer day on the way home haha So I need something low key for our family before flying across the country.

Awesome! We welcome any and all sage advice! :D How old are your kids? Have y’all done a Halloween cruise before?

You're not sailing concierge this time, correct? If not then you will need to wait til 12:01amEastern on July 29th to check in with the rest of us Silvers :yay:
DH and I have decided to try Remy champagne brunch this time instead of Palo; no idea if a ressie is 'easier to get' than Palo but we thought we'd try something new (plus Remy dinner does not appeal to us).
Ok thats what i was thinking. Thanks for clearing that up! Yes we wanted to try both restaurants but not so sure we will be able to get a reservation. We have our fingers crossed!

We're in Canada, too! Where are you guys coming from? We're from Vancouver so it's a LONG travel day. We are flying in on the 24th YVR-SFO-MCO. Doing the Halloween party on the evening of the 25th but no other park days. Flying home we go through LA and with our flight not leaving Florida til 4:15 it's making for an even longer day on the way home haha So I need something low key for our family before flying across the country.

Nice! Always fun traveling with fellow Canucks - at worst, heading home we'll all end up at the airport early and shop together, or enjoy a lunch as we recount our week's adventures before embarking on the hellscape that is American airport security. With apologies to my US friends. :)

We're returning MCO-IAH-YYC after coming in with the same stopover. Only 55 minutes between flights on the way to Florida - fingers crossed!

Any other Canadians in the weeds for this crusie?

Mark

Hi all. Joining this thread. Looking forward to cruising in late October with you all, but not ready to rush through summer just yet! This will be the third Disney cruise for DH and I, and our second trip on the Fantasy. We are bringing our DD (age 2). This is her first experience with Disney and WDW. We plan to stay a few days before the cruise and attend MNSSHP, and are staying for an additional night when we return. We fondly refer to the trip as "going on Goofy's boat", since my DD loves Goofy!

Awesome! We welcome any and all sage advice! :D How old are your kids? Have y’all done a Halloween cruise before?
My kids are 15, 18 and 23. We lost one in April who was 20. My wife and I did a Halloween cruise last September. We were scheduled to do a eastern and Irma came and canceled it. So we did a 4 night Dream cruise. I am attaching a pdf of tips I put together from things I learned over 12 cruises.

Attachments

• Tips for disney cruisers.pdf
    257.5 KB · Views: 20
My kids are 15, 18 and 23. We lost one in April who was 20. My wife and I did a Halloween cruise last September. We were scheduled to do a eastern and Irma came and canceled it. So we did a 4 night Dream cruise. I am attaching a pdf of tips I put together from things I learned over 12 cruises.

So very, very sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Thank you so much for the cruising tips! I can’t wait to read them! Did y’all dress up last year, or just enjoy others’ costumes?

Just read your tips - they are GREAT!!! Definitely a must-read, fellow cruisers, especially first-timers! Thank you so much for sharing.

This is my first time joining a thread! My daughter (9) and I are SO excited about this cruise! This is our 3rd Disney cruise; last year we did the 3 day Halloween on the High Seas on the Dream in September!

:welcome: Both to the DIS and to our thread! So glad to have you join us. What was your favorite part of HotHS last year?

:welcome: Both to the DIS and to our thread! So glad to have you join us. What was your favorite part of HotHS last year?
Our favorite was the trick-or-treating! We love to dress up for Halloween and always try to get matching outfits. My daughter was Cinderella and I was Fairy Godmother. We also love Pirate Night!

Our favorite was the trick-or-treating! We love to dress up for Halloween and always try to get matching outfits. My daughter was Cinderella and I was Fairy Godmother. We also love Pirate Night!

That’s a cute costume combo! I was hoping to do a family theme, but couldn’t get my boys to agree. So DH and I are going to coordinate and the boys will be what they each want to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter