October 2018 Car Rental

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
Didn't find one so here it is. Last year we got a mid sized car from Dollar for 10 days at $188.19 , this year 10 days, same car for $345.11 (so far). Last year it was Nov 2 - 11, in 2018 it'll be Oct 18 - 27. Hoping for better and I'd go with Alamo as I have a few times in the past.

Bill From PA

I've booked a full size from Oct 23 - Nov 8 (16 days) for $566 through Costco. Hoping for a better deal closer to October, but I think it's an acceptable rate should I not be able to get anything better.

Holy hell what has happened to rental car prices for October? Alamo is over $300 a week for an ECONOMY car. Just a regular size car is over $400! Every other agency I have checked is right in line with that.

Will prices drop based on historical data?

Last year I had the best rate from Dollar at about this time of year, March 6th. We got a mid-size for less than $200 for 10 and a half days. This year seems radically different. I've got a midsize from Dollar this year for about $325 for 11 days,

Bill From PA

Same. At this rate I'm cheaper to stay on Disney property and not renting a car. We're having to rent 2 cars so its an easy $700-$900 cost at this point. The townhome is $650. Going to compare and see if a stay on property (which we have never done) would be less than the $1550 we're looking at due to the rental cars being so high.

Following along. Going Oct 8th to Oct 17th. Right now I have a rate of 284 for a full size. Sure hope it goes down.

My family is going Oct 27-Nov 2 and I haven't booked yet, the rates are so high. We will need at least a mid size suv, and they are all over $400. Last year I paid $198. I'm guessing the prices will drop a lot between now and then.

I booked a few weeks ago via Costco:
Oct. 12-21, intermediate car through Budget, $365.

It quickly bounced back up to about $400 and hasn't dropped again since. I really hope to see some movement in the next few weeks.

So weird - continues to hover at the $300 mark - last year I booked at $97 for the same week.
Flights are high too - might just have to drive :crazy2:

The flights I am finding for our October trip are awful. I've been watching them for a few months and they haven't budged at all. :sad:

I was checking the other "monthly" car rental threads to see what kind of rates they were getting...I found a comment that they were picking up off-airport and getting WAY better rates. I did some comparisons through Costco and it's showing about half! Going to do a little more research. FYI

I was checking the other "monthly" car rental threads to see what kind of rates they were getting...I found a comment that they were picking up off-airport and getting WAY better rates. I did some comparisons through Costco and it's showing about half! Going to do a little more research. FYI
How are they getting to these off-airport places? Is a free shuttle provided?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!