October 2016 Movie/Rec Calendar, Halloween Events

Thanks sambuster. It's not too late for them to add it back to the calendar. Today is only September 29th.

EDIT: I went back to check my source and it's showing September again. So the October I got yesterday is gone. But it is for next month - says October at the top, "10/16" on the bottom left corner of page 1, and the days of the week for the movie list (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) match up to the dates (Oct 3, Oct 4, etc.). Maybe it's being updated? :confused3

Your welcome, Its important I want know before I go out and buy $100+ worth of candy. I'm diabetic and if I'm stuck with all the candy its not going to end well! sambuster

Hopefully between tiggerdad's call, flametamr's call, and sambuster's call, we got somebody's attention while there is still time to fix it...

Could it just be possible, that they are trying to throw the masses(outsiders) off by having the golf cart parade on Sunday and they possibly are having ToT on Monday, just not putting it out there?

Thanks so much for this post. Does anyone have any information about the evening Wagon Rides? Looking for the times of the rides for 10/30 and 10/31.

Thanks,
Linda

Thanks so much for this post. Does anyone have any information about the evening Wagon Rides? Looking for the times of the rides for 10/30 and 10/31.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda, I don't know if they are doing anything special for those dates but the regular times are listed here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/tri-circle-d-ranch/

and on the "Wagon Rides" section click the "Read More" link. Basically those times correspond to when the HDDR 4pm show and 630pm shows get out.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Could it just be possible, that they are trying to throw the masses(outsiders) off by having the golf cart parade on Sunday and they possibly are having ToT on Monday, just not putting it out there?

It's certainly possible, parrothead64, but even if that's the case, how would legitimate guests of the Fort know when ToT was? How could they make plans for it? Wait till they check in? Last minute notification with a flier on the windshield on Halloween morning? In this day of social media it would be impossible to keep that kind of a secret. People make dinner plans, other plans, which would be all thrown off if they want to ToT. Plus I know some folks bring candy from home rather than taking time out of their stay at Disney to head out into Kissimmee or Lake Buena Vista or elsewhere to buy scads of candy.

Plus what about other legitimate guests at WDW resorts who the Fort has welcomed? We all shouldn't be inconvenienced - the party crashers should be.

Last edited:
Since they can not stop you from sitting in the front of your spot and passing out candy and dressing up your kids and walking around... They can not officially cancel ToT, they just do not have to sponsor it and put it on the flyer. Maybe this will stop the two different home school groups that planned on coming? Lord I hope so.

Thanks for the info on the Wagon Rides. We have dinner reservations at Trails End and thought the Wagon Ride after would be a nice way to get to see some of the decorations. Would love to book a private Carriage Ride but there will be 6 adults (3 couples) and we all want to stay together.

So I got a return call from my contact in guest relations. She called Fort management again to check and then called me back. They told her that they were aware of the issues we raised about non guests crashing the party. They would not tell her exactly what measures would be put in place other than they will have extra security that night. She asked my suggestion and I told her they should hand out disposable wrist bands to Fort guests that want to trick or treat and have some people stationed in strategic places and herd non guests away from the camping loops.

Last edited:
So Flametamr they are still planning to have TOT on Monday night from what you gathered? We have been every Halloween since 2008 and have seen varying times but mostly 7-9 PM ... will be interesting to see if a new activities list goes out by Saturday. Thanks everyone for the info so far. Surprised to see the golf cart parade on Sunday but we can catch that before our 6:15 HDDR show. Looking forward to participating in TOT again this year!

October is back up on my source. No change...

That was the impression I got but we only discussed Halloween trick or treating and the outsiders. We never actually discussed a date. I wish TheRustyScupper would drop by and help us out. It does seem odd that they moved the cart parade. Maybe they are trying to down play Halloween day or throw off the outsiders some.

I would be down with doing TOT on Sunday after the cart parade. Maybe we can make up signs or something if anyone else is interested as well.

I am all for TOT but had planned my ADR's, parks, etc. around it being on Monday (Halloween) ..... like it has been every year we have been since 2008 ....... curious to see what happens now ..... I can be somewhat flexible ....

Not too happy with the fact they moved the golf cart parade to the 30th. Got tickets to the MNSSHP that night. We used to go to the party every year on Halloween but then decided to change it to the night before or a few nights before so we wouldn't miss the golf cart parade.

I have never done the ToT, but I would hate to think it would be stopped as a result of non-guests "invading". That would be sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!