• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

October 13 to 17

Janbl

Earning My Ears
Day 1.
Me, wife, daughter 6½, daughter 5. October 13 to 17, NYH, Empire State Club, standard room, lake view.
Drove from home in Denmark at 13.00 to airport, flight was on time 15.20 (not like last year, where the flight was cancelled due to cabin crew strike and we waited for 9 hours in the airport), got picked up in CDG about 18.00 by private taxi.
We arrived at the New York Hotel, at about 19.00 monday evening, the 13th of October, got our Empire State Room with Lake View. Well the room didn't compare with the Castle Club Tinker Bell Suite, we got upgraded to last year. Yet it was a ok room, we had no plans to be there other than sleep.
We had made a reservation beforehand at Park Side Diner at 20.00. The buffet only restaurant was noisy but the food was eatable (we were hungry). After a short visit to the Village, we went early to bed.

Day 2.
Cloudy and warm.
To get the most out of the day, and the 2 extra magic hours in the park, the alarm went off at 6.00. Luckely the lounge where the breakfast was served was just down the hall. We were about the first to arrive and suddenly Pluto showed up to the oldest daughters delight, the yongest was a little scared of him. Not long after he was gone Mickey himself showed (same castmember???) and everybody was happy.

File0057.JPG

Now trough the Village to the park, we came to enjoy the little walk from the hotel to the park every morning.
I will not list all the attractions we tried but Peter Pan was the youngest favorite (I don't know how many times we tried that one, but the VIP fastpasses came to their rights here) and Rock and Rollercoaster was the favorite of the oldest (she tried it 7 times, 4 with me 3 withe my wife). My favorite was Tower of Terror (wich the oldest also liked very much).

File0130.JPG

File0217.JPG

File0205.JPG

Balloon ride.
At the afternoon we decided to take a balloon ride in the balloon near the hotel, that was ok. I shot some great air photos. The girls seemed to like it as well.

File0332.JPG

File0337.JPG

That evening we ate at Inventions, wich was great. The girls loved all the carracters that showed up.

File0364.JPG

File0388.JPG

File0392.JPG

Day 3.
Cloudy and showers.
We started as usual in the lounge for breakfast and characters.

File0404.JPG

File0409.JPG

Then to the park to enjoy the early hours.
We had decided that we would go to the Studio when they opened at 10. When we got there there was already a crowd to the Tour Tram. Castmembers came and told us that there was a problem and they did not know whet the tour started. So we went to Rock and Roller coaster which was also not running. There even was a problem at the Tower of Terror, but eventually it was able to run. To get out of the rain we went to see CinéMagique, wich was a great little film with off film effect (even a little rain), I allways liked Martin Short.

File0500.JPG

Since nothing else seems to run, we went back to the Park, and tried the usual stuf.

In the evening we again ate at Inventions (still great).

File0539.JPG

File0541.JPG

File0551.JPG

Janbl

Part 2

Day 4.
Rain until afternoon, then sun

Again breakfast and characters.

File0560.JPG

File0566.JPG

It rained, so we choose to try a lot of indoor things, Snow white, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Small World. Buzz Lightyear. Some of them more than once.

File0723.JPG

File0726.JPG

The little one was tired so we decided to split up, my wife went with her to the hotel. Her sister and me then went to the studio to try R'n'R coaster and Tower a couple of times, when suddenly the rain stopped and the sun came. I called my wife to come, and we enjoyed the rest of the day in the studio and park.

File0739.JPG

File0743.JPG

This evening we ate at the Manhattan, an ok place but expensive.

Day 5.

Last breakfast and characters.

File0919.JPG

A great day in the park, the sun was shining but it was a little chilly, still, much better than rain. Again, it was nice to get to the park early, and enjoy that there was just a few people. Later the friday rush would start.
We had reserved table at Auberge de Cendrillon for lunch, a nice restaurant and a lot of photo ops for the girls.

File0972.JPG

File1017.JPG

File1128.JPG

File1134.JPG

Again it seemed that it is best to visit the studio in the afternoon, there was no really line at R'n'R coaster or the Tower.

All in all, it had been a great vacation and I am glad that we had at least 4 days.

Now, about to save to next trip (no plans yet, couple of years maybe).

My only minus was the people who thought that it is ok to smoke anywhere in the park.

Janbl

I enjoyed reading your report, and your girls have gorgeous smiles :cutie:

Glad you had a good time :goodvibes
Your daughters are wonderful :thumbsup2

Glad you had a great time...reading your report makes me wish I was back there with Kacee now :-(

Lovely photos, your DD's look like they really enjoyed their trip:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter