O.K so I have changed resorts! Anyone been to coronado springs?

Hi Ms Shuttergirl - I also paid "extra" to fly with the mini TV screens for sanity's sake. So I hear you there.

If you've flown with and without, and I'd rather fly with hands down any day. Me and 4 kids - you need the entertainment. I also pay for good scheduling - I like to be able to arrive at WDW in the evenings.

The nice hotels in New York make a difference - location wise especially.

And limo services aren't quite as luxurious as they sound - pricewise, not much more expensive than a bad cab that gets caught in traffic, or shelling up per head for shuttle services.

Having said that, we stayed at the Pop last year and found it absolutely fine for what we needed it to be - a place to drop our bags, shower and sleep. We were up and out the door early every morning, and usually didn't come back until late - and those times when we cam in early we usually showered and went back out again. The bus services were fine, housekeeping was fine, the pools were fine, connecting rooms meant two bathrooms which was good and the space was adequate. So the food court was only a food court and not a proper restaurant - I didn't care. We only ate there the night we arrived and a couple of mornings. The rest of our meals were somewhere else.

Upon that rationale I am staying at the Pop again this year so we have more money for or other legs of the trip.

Well it must be a good resort for you to return to it :thumbsup2. I to have paid extra to go with v australia due to the t.v.s with the kids. I hear you as well both of you. They are a godsent on such a long flight. Not looking forward to the internal delta flight which most likely will not have any t.v.and if it does it would most likely be a large screen shared between a few rows. I didn't mean to offend anyone by posting that we changed our accomodation just wanted some advice from anyone who had been there ;) I was just thinking because there is six of us and we will be going back to the resort every day after lunch for a swim and sleep DS is only 3years so we will make use of the resort and larger rooms etc. Hope you all have a wonderful trip and look forward to your trip reports. I appreciate all the feedback.

Kyl, you didn't offend anyone luv. Promise!

We all just like to get a little rowdy here every now and again and to be honest, it's all been a little quiet around here lately. It was time for a good "slap fight" :rotfl2:.

We've all got it out of our systems now and we are all very excited to hear how much you enjoy CSR. As I said earlier, I have read so really great reviews about the place.

Hi Ms Shuttergirl - I also paid "extra" to fly with the mini TV screens for sanity's sake. So I hear you there.

If you've flown with and without, and I'd rather fly with hands down any day. Me and 4 kids - you need the entertainment. I also pay for good scheduling - I like to be able to arrive at WDW in the evenings.

And limo services aren't quite as luxurious as they sound - pricewise, not much more expensive than a bad cab that gets caught in traffic, or shelling up per head for shuttle services.

Having said that, we stayed at the Pop last year and found it absolutely fine for what we needed it to be - a place to drop our bags, shower and sleep. We were up and out the door early every morning, and usually didn't come back until late - and those times when we cam in early we usually showered and went back out again. The bus services were fine, housekeeping was fine, the pools were fine, connecting rooms meant two bathrooms which was good and the space was adequate. So the food court was only a food court and not a proper restaurant - I didn't care. We only ate there the night we arrived and a couple of mornings. The rest of our meals were somewhere else.

Upon that rationale I am staying at the Pop again this year so we have more money for or other legs of the trip.

Sounds like we are on the same page. Your reasons for wanting certain things are very similar to mine. Esp the bit about the limos, I don't see them as a luxury either, I see them as a sensible choice.

With that said, I can see why Queenie thinks I overspend on some things and underspend on other's. I always have a good reason but they may not be obvious all the time :rotfl:. And they probably don't always make sense to others, but they do to me :)

With that said, I can see why Queenie thinks I overspend on some things and underspend on other's. I always have a good reason but they may not be obvious all the time :rotfl:. And they probably don't always make sense to others, but they do to me :)

Which is why I was particularly offended by your comment. We all spend different amounts on different things and have different priorities...and for you to suddenly call me a snob!
I am in NO way a resort snob. I just couldn't stay at a Disney value resort. Before DVC we stayed offsite...
And I've stayed in a Super 8 and many other non flash places. But the chaos and madness of the Disney value resorts...I can't do it.

I hope CSR is good. It sounds like they have really improved themselves. The main problem with CBR is people NOT understanding that the pirate and nemo themed rooms ARE those furthest away from Port Royale. They always used to be the least popular...so Disney thought how can we make people WANT to stay in these rooms???
AHA!!! Lets theme them!
CBR is truely a beautiful resort you should visit....and realise the negative comments lately are often based on the lack of understanding that the themed rooms ARE the furthest from Port Royale.

My comment on CSR is based mainly on arriving at night to a dismal and empty foyer and foodcourt. Which hopefully is not usually the case.

Oh and as for paying extra for TVs...I still don't understand anyone flying V Australia and getting to Orlando at the crack of dawn :headache::headache:
At least maintain the wonderful timing of arriving at night :thumbsup2

And the limos I'm referring to were the ones you took in LA....not simple airport transfers

Queenie, you know I was joking when I called you a snob :lmao:. I was teasing you and you know it :rotfl:.

Only limo I took in LA that wasn't a transfer was a guided tour of all of the Hollywood and Beverly Hills highlights. And for 4 of us, I think it was $240 for 3 hours and we could tailor the tour to our individual wish list, which I thought was a bargain. Plus I have never ridden in a stretch limo so it was kind of a cool life fulfillment thing.

We got offered the pirate room when I first enquired about this trip, it was the only moderate room left apparently. While I think the them is cute, I wasn't sure about it and we thought that we would give POP a try. Can you imagine how much a little boy who loves pirates though would just be in heaven. Little boy heaven, that's what it is.

Oh wow thank you so much for all the advice.....um I hope I didn't cause any um dramas. You guys are funny! I am going to stay with CSR after reading all the reviews and the rooms being re-done we are thinking it sounds quite alright. Plus a lot of the reviews on the CBR aren't that crash hot. As in too many guest for the amount of services avaliable? I guess we won't know until we are there, but hey I will let you all know when we get back. I like that there is a adult only longue area after 9pm! I am thinking since we are paying for my mother in law she can watch the kids for a couple of hours and we can enjoy some peace and quite! Anyway thank you all for so much response any more feed back is welcomed!

That's great Kyl, you and your family will have a wonderful time :wizard: The adult lounge sounds fantastic! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back :goodvibes

I'm happy to pay extra for the entertainment on the plane too and not just for the sanity of keeping DS occupied, but for my own selfish reasons :rotfl:
I rarely get to go to the movies. Well I do get to go but it's for Toy Story or Shrek or a movie that is filled with junior burgers! :lmao: So I get so excited about the movies on the plane. I actually check them out before I go (I have already been to the Qantas site and know what's on and have chosen my movies). It's virtually the only time I get to watch adult movies :lmao: Sad I know. Also I don't sleep on the plane, even on a flight to Europe, I will be up for 24hours and its a really really long time with no movies to watch or tv shows (those housewives of New Jersey are a classic! ) Even flying business class with lie flat seats I still don't sleep, just have never done it. So the entertainment is a very important part of the trip for me and adds to the excitement :thumbsup2

Also love the limos :thumbsup2 As I don't sleep, I am always in a coma whenever we arrive anywhere overseas, so I always have transport of some description (often a limo) waiting for us so there isn't any waiting around, there is the person with the sign waiting, they take the luggage and we just follow along behind, half asleep, like zombies and don't have to worry about anything :lmao:

I have to say I am with you guys who would pay extra for t.v screens. I would rather arrive at any time.....if it means having a t.v for three kids. 14hrs on a flight with no entertainment for them, I wouldn't do it to them, me and to the other people on the plane!!!! So I guess I am a plane snob he he he.............although we go catle class (economy) so not really. Thanks for all your help guys the great thing about disneyworld is there is so much accomodation to choose from it just means we will have to come back and try some others!

Thank you queenie, that was very thoughtful of you to think of me. xx Printing it all of now....oh goodie I love reading material.

Flying visit to post something I saw that might interest you..
Haven't read it but looks interesting

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2010/08/coronado_springs_resort_part_o.html

:wave:

Hi Queenie :wave2:

Thank you queenie, that was very thoughtful of you to think of me. xx Printing it all of now....oh goodie I love reading material.

That is a great blog post (well posts, make sure your print up part two also :thumbsup2 ). I think that resort looks fantastic! You will have such a great time there.

Thanks Aussietravellers. I can't wait the rooms look really nice. I see you only have 26 days until you go.......so lucky I have to wait another 31days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter