Nursing Agency

alizesmom

Dreaming of Disney.
has anyone ever obtained nursing care for their child from one of the local agencies? How do you get one?

My daughter brings her nurse along - LOL
Kidding aside, I am an RN and my sister (who came with us) is an LPN. We were kidding my daughter that she had 2 private duty nurses....

I would agree with katieeldr. Check with your current provider first. Even if they are not a nationwide agency, they may have helped someone else arrange care in the Orlando area.

Yes we have hired nurses through local companies in Orlando for a few years now. We have mostly had good luck getting shifts filled. We have had some amazing nurses and some just ok nurses. We live in Canada so call quite a few months ahead of time, basically as soon as we know our dates so that the company can start working on getting our file set up. One of the companies we have used provides a lot of the nurses for wish trips either at GKTW or on site.

Yes we have hired nurses through local companies in Orlando for a few years now. We have mostly had good luck getting shifts filled. We have had some amazing nurses and some just ok nurses. We live in Canada so call quite a few months ahead of time, basically as soon as we know our dates so that the company can start working on getting our file set up. One of the companies we have used provides a lot of the nurses for wish trips either at GKTW or on site.
Do you have any agency names?

We have used Maxim in Orlando the last few years. We have used HealthForce in Fort Meyers but I don't think they have an office in Orlando anymore. Hope that helps.

I have been using:
Bright Star
410 N. Dillard St Suite 102
Winter Garden Florida
1-407-877-0620

We have used this company while at Disney for about 10 years for my adult fully disable son. He required 24/7 care. I bring caregivers with us but use Bright Star mainly for the 3rd shift. We have Used day shifts during one vacation when everyone got sick. They sent a nurse not aide since he required medication and a visit from concierge doctor. If you will need for them to give meds or use a feeding tube they can not send home health aide must be a nurse(this will be all Florida agencies)
They are wonderful. A nurse will come out on day one for an assessment and they will have already assigned your caregivers by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter