November Weather

eiblehs

Expedition Everest Enthusiast
Hey friends! I’ve only ever visited Florida in the summer months. (I’m a glutton for punishment.) I have the opportunity for a quick trip in early November. I know it won’t be as hot as it is when I normally go in June—September, but can someone give me an idea of what the temperature will be like? Should I expect rain every day like I have to in the summer?

Weather in November can be pretty variable. For example, right now it's in the low 50's. But just a few days ago at this time it was in the low 70's.

Typically November is not as rainy as the summer, but be prepared anyway.

As OKW Lover said, it can vary wildly. Last year, most days started in the low 50s and had highs in the mid-70s. Or, put in packing terms, we started many (but not all) days with sweatshirts and ditched them by 11-ish for tshirts and jeans. A few days we wore (or wanted) pants lighter than jeans but didn't wish for/wear shorts at all. There was a bit of rain, but it was nothing like the "every day 4pm shower express" they get in summer.

You can, though, get freezing temps at night with mid-40s for highs on occasion. I know from painful experience. :cold:

Layers are essential, just in case, with a sturdy windbreaker, snuggly hat and gloves.

Accuweather is predicting upper 70s to mid 80s for the first week in November. Considering that today's high here in Maine is predicted to be 48F, I can't wait to get to Florida! My current dilemma is capris or shorts, and should I bring my bathing suit!

I don’t remember the exact temps, but last time we were there in late November we wore lightweight capris or pants with t shirts for the most part. Lightweight windbreakers for morning and evening and they shove in a backpack easily for the warm afternoons. I personally found late November to chilly to swim, but we enjoyed the hot tubs.

Last time we were there in November it was unseasonably warm. Mid 80s everyday. Even the snowbirds at BWV (staying for 1-2 months) were talking about how hot it was. We still packed a few pairs of jeans and a jacket in case it got chilly. We will do the same this trip. Packing our usual shorts, dresses, capris, tank tops along with jeans and jacket/sweater.

Accuweather is predicting upper 70s to mid 80s for the first week in November. Considering that today's high here in Maine is predicted to be 48F, I can't wait to get to Florida! My current dilemma is capris or shorts, and should I bring my bathing suit!
The humidity will be much lower than in summer, so capris won’t be too much hot if it’s warm. And I’d bring the bathing suit, because you won’t know until you’re there whether you need it or not!

I always do a bit of trip weather research and did for early Nov. Most of the month is as described below though week by week Nov gets noticeably cooler.

Typically: turns quite chilly overnight (55-65f) into the morning and up to 8-10am,

from Noon to 4-6pm is the hottest part of the day (75-85f),

outside those hottest/coldest hours the rest is a very comfortable 65-75f,

Generally Nov is clear or mostly clear 50% of the time, overcast 30%, and a mix of partly and mostly cloudy the other 20%,

The likelihood of not raining on a Nov day is near 80%. I’m expecting nothing more than 1 or 2 days during our week. Possible to get very little.

So those are just from historic averages. I like to start there with what to expect for packing and planning our itinerary, then watch the actual forecasts the week before we leave... which starts now because we arrive next weekend 8-)

I typically go to WDW in November. It could be really warm during the early hours where shorts and t-shirts are perfectly fine to wear with that same night needing a sweater and a jacket. Its best to pack for every variable.

We love Nov visits and have never NOT been able to enjoy time in our resort pool and water parks at least 75% of the time. Pack that bathing suit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter