November 2018 Discount Watch

How often do they do that? Just wondering if it happens often. We’re going the same dates as you and that would be nice.
They'll "release" a discount, but the availability is the wild card every year. Even after the discount comes out you should keep looking. I often find good prices just a few weeks before my trip.

Has anyone heard any rumors on when more fall room discounts will be listed on Special Offers? I've been checking daily. I've checked historical date forums that say July is a good bet.

Fall discounts were released today, much earlier that last year! I was able to save $200 on my Nov 3-10 stay at AoA. I had to switch from a Lion King room to Cars but I still have hope that I can switch back by persistently checking over the next few months.

The other good thing is that even though the discount doesn't work Fri & Sat if your trip includes a Fri or Sat the discount gets applied to your other days. Last year I had to book a split stay at the same resort which was annoying.

EDIT - Another thing to note is that it let me modify my existing reservation. When I search for those same dates AoA was not available so try to modify first before looking for a new reservation.

Last edited:

We saved a few bucks on our stay in November too! Not as much as you did, but hey, a couple,bucks is a couple bucks!

I saved about 10% (about $77) on a 6-night stay at the All Stars in Mid November. Not much as other room only discounts I've gotten, but I'll take it. The main issue (not really unexpected) is the high rate on the weekend ($150+) for the Veterans Day holiday weekend .. but that is the best time for us to go.

Well, my call was for naught, as I and the cast member tried for a half hour to get something to work, and there was no availability. I have a reservation already for
Contemporary - Theme Park View for 11/7/18-11/13/18

The discount, would have saved 10% off the resort on non weekend nights, so that would have been about $400-$450 off, but no luck. Then we saw that my wife had a unique pin code that was released today as well, and would have been for 15% off, but there was no availability for that as well, which seemed really weird since I thought discounts for pin codes were not in the same group of rooms as open discounts.

We were able to save 10% on our Poly club level room for November 4th and 20% on our Yacht Club room the 5th - 8th. took a while but finally went through!

We were able to save 10% on our Poly club level room for November 4th and 20% on our Yacht Club room the 5th - 8th. took a while but finally went through!

When you say took a while, did they keep trying to apply the code? I think we tried a couple of times before giving up?

When you say took a while, did they keep trying to apply the code? I think we tried a couple of times before giving up?

Hi - so I spent about 90 minutes on the phone this morning - to no avail. I had a previously booked reservation and kept clicking on "change". I had to change resorts (going from Poly to Yacht Club) and keep changing dates but finally got it to work. My husband laughs because for the amount of time I spend on this stuff - I'm probably losing money! lol

I'm staying at the poly and I can't seem to figure out how to apply a discount. When I make an entirely new booking for those dates, it shows as completely unavailable. Is this why?

When I go to my booking and "change" it, the list of hotels it shows me isn't even discounted- it's just showing the regular price. When I make a new booking though for the same dates I see all the discounts available.

Hi - so I spent about 90 minutes on the phone this morning - to no avail. I had a previously booked reservation and kept clicking on "change". I had to change resorts (going from Poly to Yacht Club) and keep changing dates but finally got it to work. My husband laughs because for the amount of time I spend on this stuff - I'm probably losing money! lol

I guess that is the main difference, I worked too hard to get that specific reservation, as it is very limited number of rooms (booked it in July 2017) and I was not willing to change resorts, as she did try to get me to change to GF, but that would not have saved any money at this point.

yes probably. We actually tried to book Beach Club - and that was showing as completely unavailable for our dates so no luck with that. We then moved on to Boardwalk, same thing. We are going to HS and Epcot, so would rather not be at Poly, but had already gotten the 3rd at a very good rate through our TA so decided to stick with it. It looks like there are still discounted rooms for Yacht Club CL on the 5-7 though...

Just saved almost $600 on our stay at the Grand!!!!!! I'm so excited because we missed out on free dining this year. This just almost made up for it!!!!

We're staying at the WL from 11/10 - 11/16. Looks like the discount wont apply to Saturday but will for the rest of the week. I tried to modify the reservation on MDE but couldn't get it to work. On the phone with them now, really hoping they can figure out a way to apply the discount the rest of my trip. Also missed out on FD because of dates and bc WL was not included. Fingers crossed. Hoping to save some $$$!

We're staying at the WL from 11/10 - 11/16. Looks like the discount wont apply to Saturday but will for the rest of the week. I tried to modify the reservation on MDE but couldn't get it to work. On the phone with them now, really hoping they can figure out a way to apply the discount the rest of my trip. Also missed out on FD because of dates and bc WL was not included. Fingers crossed. Hoping to save some $$$!

Let us know what happens. I only feel like spending hours on the phone if there's actually a point. If the room/resort is already sold out, will they give you a discount on the phone?

Let us know what happens. I only feel like spending hours on the phone if there's actually a point. If the room/resort is already sold out, will they give you a discount on the phone?

I'm really not sure. When I tried to change my reservation and change the dates to match the promo offer, it showed no availability. I guess if I were to "cancel" my current reservation, those dates would become available? But I'm worried someone would snatch it up during the process of me trying to re-reserve and apply the discount. This is my first time doing any of this. I thought maybe over the phone would be easier bc a cast member could walk me through it or just quickly cancel my current reservation and set me up with a 1 day stay on the 10th and then the rest of the stay would be included on the promotion dates. Ive been on hold for 20 minutes so far. I'm not sure what to expect really - but even at 20% I'm expecting to see at least a $350 discount...

I'm really not sure. When I tried to change my reservation and change the dates to match the promo offer, it showed no availability. I guess if I were to "cancel" my current reservation, those dates would become available? But I'm worried someone would snatch it up during the process of me trying to re-reserve and apply the discount. This is my first time doing any of this. I thought maybe over the phone would be easier bc a cast member could walk me through it or just quickly cancel my current reservation and set me up with a 1 day stay on the 10th and then the rest of the stay would be included on the promotion dates. Ive been on hold for 20 minutes so far. I'm not sure what to expect really - but even at 20% I'm expecting to see at least a $350 discount...

Exactly. I hope it works out for you!

Availability is such a poor word to use in this case, but I can not think of any better one to use. Using my reservation as an example, there are already a limited number of rooms since there are only so many floors in the Contemporary, and in turn only half of those rooms face the MK.

So for simple math's sake, let say there are 100 rooms that match that designation, Contemporary - Theme Park View - Main Building. That being said, when they release a deal like this, they set aside a percentage (unknown how it is figured out) of each resort's rooms for the sale. Let say 20% so that means 20 rooms are eligible. If the resort is not sold out, it is a first come/first serve basis. If that designation is already sold out, like mine was, it is a first come/first serve basis on who can change their reservations first.

Cancelling a reservation to rebook will not get you that discount slot if the amount of discounts are already "taken", and you run the risk of losing your slot altogether if they do not put it up right away for you to rebook, or someone else books it quicker. When you want to make a change like that, it is always better to call in and suffer the holds, so you do not lose what you already have.

What frustrates me is we also had a unique pin code available, which released today, and I thought that fed from a different batch of rooms, not the same as the open discount rooms, which are now not available.

Oooof. Nothing available for my dates besides crazy things like Coronado for $1000/night. What even is that haha, the presidential suite? I'm calling (currently 30+ minute hold) to see if I can find anything better. I might end up playing Disney Roulette a couple weeks before my trip after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!