November 2017 Car Rental Watch

Last week I was able to score a 9 day minivan rental for Alamo through the Costco website for $385. Still high to me, but better than the $670 I had previously. I have been stalking the site daily and they prices have gone up again. But it is worth it to keep checking!!

Got this Hertz rate with AAA and USAA codes for October 31-Nov 7. 119 base and 142 out the door for a full size, compact was $40 cheaper but we have a stroller, 3 kids in car seats and/or boosters so the size matters for us :)

Last week I was able to score a 9 day minivan rental for Alamo through the Costco website for $385. Still high to me, but better than the $670 I had previously. I have been stalking the site daily and they prices have gone up again. But it is worth it to keep checking!!

That's pretty good considering what the prices are! I'm checking a few times a day and I still have a $600 reservation for a minivan for 8 days--scary! I use the Costco site as well.

Every time I see a notification from this thread I get excited thinking it's somebody who scored a price drop and is telling the rest of us. Wishful thinking since these high prices seem to be holding out. I follow the rental threads for the other months too and it seems like many of the August people never saw a drop and got stuck with expensive rentals.

Got this Hertz rate with AAA and USAA codes for October 31-Nov 7. 119 base and 142 out the door for a full size, compact was $40 cheaper but we have a stroller, 3 kids in car seats and/or boosters so the size matters for us :)

Thanks for reminding me of The USAA discount. I have used it before but I have always gotten better rates at Alamo. For kicks I went and tried it,OMG! My rate came back at $138 for a full-size for my week (11/5-11/11). That is over $200 less than current rates and over $40 less than my current Alamo rate I got before they started to skyrocket.

Thanks for reminding me of The USAA discount. I have used it before but I have always gotten better rates at Alamo. For kicks I went and tried it,OMG! My rate came back at $138 for a full-size for my week (11/5-11/11). That is over $200 less than current rates and over $40 less than my current Alamo rate I got before they started to skyrocket.

I had no idea USAA did car rentals! My DH handles all of our USAA accounts. I just checked, and even though it doesn't beat my current rate through Costco, I'll keep checking. Thanks!

I went to check my November Costco-Alamo reservation today, and taxes had changed from $60 to $80!! I checked with Costco Travel which said that taxes are not in their control. Still a good price for 10 day rental, but I've never had that large an adjustment (with no notice) before. My Alamo Ressie always matches up to actual.

Anyone else have this sort of thing before?

I went to check my November Costco-Alamo reservation today, and taxes had changed from $60 to $80!! I checked with Costco Travel which said that taxes are not in their control. Still a good price for 10 day rental, but I've never had that large an adjustment (with no notice) before. My Alamo Ressie always matches up to actual.

Anyone else have this sort of thing before?

I actually had the same thing happen a few years ago. I called Alamo direct and sent them copies of the original reservation. They honored the original quote, and said that it happens all the time, but since people don't notice they don't adjust . . . Might be worth calling Alamo?

I actually had the same thing happen a few years ago. I called Alamo direct and sent them copies of the original reservation. They honored the original quote, and said that it happens all the time, but since people don't notice they don't adjust . . . Might be worth calling Alamo?
Thanks. Good suggestion. I will call them.

Price drop on Alamo for me....hopefully for eveyrone! I just checked and our reservation dropped from 278 to 146! I didn't use any coupons yet beside the Alamo members discount.

Price drop on Alamo for me....hopefully for eveyrone! I just checked and our reservation dropped from 278 to 146! I didn't use any coupons yet beside the Alamo members discount.
Noting my res was a 5 day rental, Tampa-dolphin drop off. But looks like the Alamo prices have dropped all around?

If anyone is dropping off in a different location than they rented from, the difference for us was $146 to drop off at the dolphin, or over $700 to drop off at the car care center. Didn't check airport this time but last time it was also much more expensive! Worth trying if it applies!

My June 2017 - Alamo/Costco/Car Rental/Best Price Drop/ Happened on a Sunday too

$158.00 for 9 Days which I thought was unusual Because in the past a weekend

price quote is (traditionally)
higher than weekdays.

Last edited:
Thanks! Glad I checked today. I was finally able to get an intermediate suv from Alamo through Costco for under $300. It was $265 for 6 days. I still wish I could get a lower rate, but this will be okay. Plus, when we were there in April, they were out of SUVs so they let us take a minivan anyway. I'll hope for good luck again this time.

Today I got a mid-size car 11/20 - 11/28 for $104.67 (including taxes & fees) through Thrifty using promo code 101139 (10% off week rental) & prepay option. I'm so thankful to finally see some lower prices.

I'm still getting rates over $400 for Oct. 26-Nov. 4. Not seeing any decreases.

Rates have not budged for my 11/7-11/15 minivan reservation. I have a $600 reservation and everything is over that on Costco's site.

The decent rates seem to be for airport pickup and Disney car care center or Dolphin return.
Return to the airport seems to be at least 100 more.
I have never seen prices like this.............really hoping they come down.

The decent rates seem to be for airport pickup and Disney car care center or Dolphin return.
Return to the airport seems to be at least 100 more.
I have never seen prices like this.............really hoping they come down.
Definitely....I guess they need more cars at those locations for the end of the month. Hopefully they all come down! we should hopefully get a. Discount code for the month too.

Hertz USAA just dropped down $20 for us. Full size Oct 31-Nov 7 $121 all included. Also they are having a Flash sell that applies to others as well, PC- 105652 and RQ- FLASH

Rates are still well over what I'd like to pay, but today I'm finding National to be cheaper than Alamo, with pick/drop at the Dolphin.
$274 for a full-size Tuesday to Tuesday mid month

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter