November 2017 Car Rental Watch

Thanks! I just cancelled Enterprise and rebooked Dollar with code 100182 (20% off) for $137 for 6 days. (11/14-11/20). With coupon it was $89/week plus all the surcharges.

Last edited:
Costco has become my gold standard, and I always wind up (quite happily) with Alamo. We have an Intermediate car booked October 29 - November 9 for US$224 and a minivan at $354.

I check every few days and will rebook for anything more than $5 price drop!

I'm using Alamo as well.
Dates: 11/22-12/2 for $248.12
Coupon Code: AU2291VYT (free car class upgrade)
Corporate ID: 7014627 (Costco)
I booked a midsize with free upgrade to standard. Alamo at MCO doesn't actually have a standard row so you'll be directed to a second upgrade to fullsize.

It looks like it's a little pricier than what others are finding but it covers Thanksgiving weekend so I'm happy with it. I'll keep checking but skipping the counter is worth it's weight in gold during the thanksgiving madness.

My Alamo coupons are showing expired for this trip so booked without one and hoping to add it later.

For our November trip we went with a luxury through Alamo insiders. Booked a cadillac one week @ 199$ total with fees and taxes 253$. We usually go with just a midsize but this price was really good.

Re-booked again, 4th time, mid size car, 10 days, $197.66 at Dollar.

Currency: U.S. DOLLAR
Rate Code: RWXW9
Your Rate: 1 Week at $90.51 per week. Unlimited mileage. 3 Extra Days at $13.99 per day.
Promo Code: 100463

Cust Facility Chrg: $12.50
Concession Fee Rec: $13.90
Florida Surcharge: $20.20
State Tax: $12.06
Energy Surcharge: $1.49
Vehicle License Fee: $5.03
Approximate Total: $197.66

Bill From PA

oh, dear. I know two cars would be soooo much cheaper for us than one 7 seater but I can't see anyone else in the group wanting to drive. Boo

My family needs an 8 seater van (Sienna or Odessey) for 15 days so I checked Costco. I got quoted $811 USD but then Costco did a bait and switch and the reservation came out over $100 more expensive - and a crappy little pop up after the fact that stated Costco was sorry but couldn't honour the price quote.

Is $1000 USD what I should expect to pay for my family of 7?!

Actually, $1000 for 15 days for an 8 seater is pretty reasonable. There is a massive price jump from the 7 seater to 8 seater.
We're renting a sienna for 22 days in august and the price is incredibly high!!!! (over $3,000 - but that includes the CDW since we're not from the states and it's added in automatically). I could buy a car for less i think!

My family needs an 8 seater van (Sienna or Odessey) for 15 days so I checked Costco. I got quoted $811 USD but then Costco did a bait and switch and the reservation came out over $100 more expensive - and a crappy little pop up after the fact that stated Costco was sorry but couldn't honour the price quote.

Is $1000 USD what I should expect to pay for my family of 7?!

Try going through the Alamo website directly. I logged in to my alamo insider account and used contract ID 7014926 , I'm not sure what your dates exactly are, but I put in 11/24 to 12/9 and it the price was $635 for the 8 passenger.

Editing to add, I just checked Enterprise and got my 8 passenger van for cheaper! I used code 2CP0292 you could try that as well.

Last edited:
Right now I have a a 15 passenger booked through Alamo
contract id 7014926
11/23 to 12/02
$509.44

And if 2-3 of the family decide not to go I have an 8 passenger booked
Enterprise
promotion code 2CP0292
11/23 to 12/02
$375.89

Last edited:
Thank you!!!

I tried the promo code for Enterprise and it worked. Not sure what it is from though. Will that be an issue?

Actually, $1000 for 15 days for an 8 seater is pretty reasonable. There is a massive price jump from the 7 seater to 8 seater.
We're renting a sienna for 22 days in august and the price is incredibly high!!!! (over $3,000 - but that includes the CDW since we're not from the states and it's added in automatically). I could buy a car for less i think!

What is CDW?

I must be paying it too because I'm not in the US either.

What is CDW?

I must be paying it too because I'm not in the US either.

if you book with alamo and you give your country of residence as being other than the US, i think the system will automatically add CDW - but you'll see it in the list of what's included....
CDW is the collision damage waiver....the deductible for any damage to the car...
but alamo is the only company that does that i believe (i know it adds CDW and liability for UK residents)....but again, just look at the list of what your rate includes and you'll see if it's there..

by the way, i'm renting for 25 days not 22...

if you book with alamo and you give your country of residence as being other than the US, i think the system will automatically add CDW - but you'll see it in the list of what's included....
CDW is the collision damage waiver....the deductible for any damage to the car...
but alamo is the only company that does that i believe (i know it adds CDW and liability for UK residents)....but again, just look at the list of what your rate includes and you'll see if it's there..

by the way, i'm renting for 25 days not 22...

I'm not sure that's true. I've booked with Alamo before, and have a booking upcoming in November, and there's never been LDW/CDW added to my bookings (I'm from Canada). Maybe because I'm an Alamo Insider? Or because I'm booking through the Canadian site?

Just booked a Full size with Thrifty for $176.36 all in (8 days) 11/1-11/8.
Rate Code: RWXW8
Your Rate: 1 Week at $102.51 per week. Unlimited mileage. 1 Extra Day at $15.99 per day.
This is my place holder for now, hoping for something better. Good luck everyone!!

Has anyone come across a coupon for Alamo. Most out there are only up to 12 days. I have a rental for 13 days. Tks

Just booked a Full size with Thrifty for $176.36 all in (8 days) 11/1-11/8.
Your Rate: 1 Week at $102.51 per week. Unlimited mileage. 1 Extra Day at $15.99 per day.
This is my place holder for now, hoping for something better. Good luck everyone!!

Switched from Thrifty to Dollar, same promo code is about $10 cheaper on full size for 8 days. Total down to $167.82 for now.
Your Rate: 1 Week at $96.48 per week. Unlimited mileage. 1 Extra Day at $14.99 per day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter