Nov./Dec. AP rate for WL

aidansmom

Mouseketeer
Should I hold out any hope for an AP rate for WL during the last week of Nov., first week of Dec. I know this is a really popular time for WL and I'm not counting on getting AP rate, I'm just wondering if I should banish the thought entirely! Thanks for any advice/ opinions.

:cool1:

We are going Nov. 29 to Dec. 6 and staying at the WL and have hopes of getting the AP room rate. We have stayed at the WL in early Dec. at least six times and have always gotten AP room rates. This year may be different, but I hope not.

I am interested in this also...

what date do the AP rates come out for Dec 7-14?

AND what was the percentage of your discount the past years you have gone?

Is the resort busy at this time?

Thanks for your help! :wave2:

The AP room discount is about 40% off of the rack rate. The courtyard room rate would be about $156 per night and woods view is about $135 nightly. This includes tax. I'm not sure of the standard room rate.

The WL is busy, as are most of the resorts, during this time. The Christmas decorations are really great.

Thanks for the info!

I thought this was one of the slower times of the year? OR, does that mean only at the parks it is slow?! We kind of were looking to be there when it is slower, but it seems alot of people had said it is busy early to mid dec...is this true?

And, do you know approx when the AP for Dec 7th-14thrates were released in past years?

Again, I thank you! :wave:

cheerbop said:
Thanks for the info!

I thought this was one of the slower times of the year? OR, does that mean only at the parks it is slow?! We kind of were looking to be there when it is slower, but it seems alot of people had said it is busy early to mid dec...is this true?

And, do you know approx when the AP for Dec 7th-14thrates were released in past years?

Again, I thank you! :wave:

"Busy" is in the eye of the beholder. Some classify busy as sharing an elevator. Others see it as a 2 hour wait for Space Mtn. I've researched early Dec a ton and it seems most people think it's one of the least busy times of the year. UOG backs that claim.

I think AP rates for that time period are released at the end of August. (if they offer any)

I don't care how many people are in the elevator :grouphug:
but, I really didn't want to wait in a 2hr line like you said...

oh well...we're going to be ther then anyway. I agree, though...from all my research it says this is a least busy time of year!

It was asked if the WL was busy at that time of year and I said yes. During the last couple of years it has been booked at capacity or near capacity while we were there in early Dec.. I was not answering about the crowds at the parks. We have stayed at a WDW resort each early Dec. since 1992 and except for after 9/11 I believe the crowds at the parks are a little larger each year. The word must be getting out about this time of year. The park crowds are still very manageable compared to some other times. This is a great time to go to WDW or we wouldn't continue going at this time. JMHO.

I have a trip booked Dec 2-9, half at WL. I originally had the Dec 3-9, and called last week to add one more night to WL woodsview. They were all booked for the woodsview, so I reserved a courtyard for Dec 2nd, and will have to move to the woodsview. Hopefully someone will cancel the woodsview... :smooth:

This year so far AP rates have been a flat dollar amount off and not a percentage. So far the trend this year is the AP discount is less than it was las year so maybe expect to pay a little more IF they come out.

IF they are to come out for that time frame they won't be avail until the end of August. WL is really fast to go with AP rates come out because it is so popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter