Note to DVCers attending F&W...

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
Don't forget to book your events starting at 7am tomorrow morning! (407) 939-3378

I'll be booking Party for the Senses on October 27th, and Sweet Sundaes on the 28th.
On top of that we do a bunch of the free wine tastings.

Anyone else?? :smokin:

MG

We aren't planning on any of the booked events but can you tell me about the free wine tastings or point me in the direction of more info. Free always interests my DH.:goodvibes

Good luck booking tomorrow, MG.

can you tell me about the free wine tastings or point me in the direction of more info.
Thanx, BCV :)

I always let my wife handle the selections, but she just looks through the pamphlet. There are many free tastings every day at variuos places in Epcot.
Most are very interesting and educational, but a few will lull you to sleep as they talk about soil for 1/2 hour.

Always get there a good 20 minutes ahead of the presentation, as a the number of people is limited.

I'm a beer drinker by nature, but my wife and I have learned the basics of wine over the last few years just from these events. :smokin:

MG

Sweet Sundaes sounds awesome ... have you done this event before? Thoughts on it?

I would love to do one of the special events, in addition to checking out the booths at EPCOT and the free stuff of course. Although since this will be our first F&WF, we may just go to EPCOT and see how everything goes and do some special events next year. Thanks for the reminder ... now to talk to DH :)

Does PFTS sell out the first day? I'll be on a plane tomorrow morning (yeah!) and won't be able to call!!!

Sweet Sundaes sounds awesome ... have you done this event before? Thoughts on it?
This will be our first SS. We are looking forward to it. We asked around in the restaurant forum, and it seems as though a light brunch is served (possibly with champagne), then the chefs whip up some dessert stuff. :woohoo:

MG

Does PFTS sell out the first day? I'll be on a plane tomorrow morning (yeah!) and won't be able to call!!!
Last year it didn't. Unlike many of the other events, PFTS holds a large number of people.
I think you will be okay booking when you have time, as long as it's within a few days.

We're all booked for Oct 28th! :woohoo:

MG

I called at 8:30 this morning and the Food and Wine pairing on Oct. 19 at Le Cellier was already sold out! I was able to get into a Food and Wine pairing at Morrocco and the South African Wine Event though.

Don't forget to book your events starting at 7am tomorrow morning! (407) 939-3378

I'll be booking Party for the Senses on October 27th, and Sweet Sundaes on the 28th.

MG

We've book the 10/27 PFTS too:yay: Our first time and I can't wait!
The Sweet Sundays on 10/28 looks awesome. The chef is a chocolatier:thumbsup2 but sadly we'll be on a plane home when that starts:sad1:
Two of the wine pairings we wanted were sold out when I got through @ 7:25am. We did get the Regional Feast though.

My wife booked PFTS on 10/20 and 10/27 this morning. We have been going to this event since it was at the Odyssey - too bad the price has moved up the past two years - we decided to skip the pairings and just do this.

We're in for our annual trek! BWV - BWview!
We'll be there 10/23-10/29
Will be at PFTS 10/27 and F&WP in Italy on Sunday

I read in another thread where people with DDE had gotten info in the mail. Our mail is always a few days behind, but I'll be looking for it!

As Always, can't wait!:yay:

MG
My DH & I will be at the SS on 10/28 - took me 30 minutes and 26 seconds to book it this morning, but I have a confirmation number, LOL.

Decided not to do the PFTS on 10/27 - it's our arrival day and didn't want to chance being late or missing it altogether if our flights get changed, since there are no refunds/cancellations.

Also didn't think I could truly appreciate the SS offerings if I were full from the night before, LOL. OTOH, going to MNSSHP that night and might have missed my chance to go as Humpty Dumpty - with no costume needed! ;) :teeth:

Excited about the chef for SS - did a little research on the web and found out he's specializes in chocolate! Definitely my kind of guy! This will be our first trip during Food & Wine and I am really looking forward to it.

I called at 8:30 this morning and the Food and Wine pairing on Oct. 19 at Le Cellier was already sold out! I was able to get into a Food and Wine pairing at Morrocco and the South African Wine Event though.

Apparently, Le Cellier pairings were probably all sold out within the first 15
minutes of the lines opening at 7am. I tried to get that exact 10/19
pairing and my call wasn't answered in the queue until 20 minutes or so
after 7am eastern. :rolleyes:

Party for the Senses doesn't sell out immediately, so I'm going to put that
expense on my next billing cycle. ;)

For my report about events at the 2006 Epcot Food & Wine Festival, including free events, please see http://www.yesterland.com/wine2006.html

Thanks for the link to the great article. I'm going to share it with my husband.

BTW, I didn't mean to make him sound cheap. He is very generous but enjoys good value.

Did anyone else just get their Food and Wine Festival mailing yesterday....after booking began???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter