"Not" Major Car Rental Companies at MCO

BobbyBond2

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had experience with some of the car rental companies that are not "national". More specifically Easirent or Green Motion?

We have a car booked on Turo, but found pricing somewhat better from of these "off brands".

Thanks!

I also would never book with a rental company I have never heard of. There are older threads on here where you can see all of the issues people tend to experience with them. Typically, the cut-rate ones are off-site somewhere, have limited operating hours and then try to trick you into added fees/costs with various shady practices. You can also do an online search to read about what others have experienced with them.

I have rented from Fox Rent a Car in both MCO and MIA.

There was a very hard sell to buy the extra insurance and a much more through check out and check in procedure involving lots of pictures. But otherwise the rental went well and I saved about $2000 between the two rentals.

In both cases I was making a last minute reservation for an 8 person SUV. The costs from the big name brand companies was too high to make the trip worthwhile.

Fox is one step down from the majors. OP is asking about the bottom of the barrel. Some posters were all but forced to buy the insurance package. Documentation required if you wanted to use your personal insurance policy was extensive. Research if you're going that route. If they run out of cars you're out of luck. Car classifications can change on the fly. The example of a full size car may only be an example. A much smaller car might meet their definition of full sized, if you read the fine print. Major companies are either 24/7 or will automatically extend their hours to include customers on delayed flights.

I considered this a couple trips ago and so I went to expedia.com to search and it showed the many companies and each had a score based on previous travelers, such as "Alamo 84% recommend" and "Dollar 92% recommend" and so on... the off-site companies tended to be down in the 20-30% recommend range, and that was enough to dissuade me from wanting to start a trip off with a hassle.

We were there last week and used Dollar and I don't think I'll rent with others anymore -- I signed up for their Dollar Express membership (free) and with that they have my address/DL/CC info so on the morning of my trip I got an email with a bar code and details of the rental. When I got to MCO I walked straight to the cars and drove to the exit and the attendant scanned the bar code from the email on my phone and confirmed my ID, printed out a rental card and gave it to me and I was gone in probably under 5 minutes.

Fox is one step down from the majors. OP is asking about the bottom of the barrel. Some posters were all but forced to buy the insurance package. Documentation required if you wanted to use your personal insurance policy was extensive. Research if you're going that route. If they run out of cars you're out of luck. Car classifications can change on the fly. The example of a full size car may only be an example. A much smaller car might meet their definition of full sized, if you read the fine print. Major companies are either 24/7 or will automatically extend their hours to include customers on delayed flights.
Fox is many steps below the majors. I had to provide a printed copy of my insurance policy to not have to buy theirs. I only knew to bring a printed copy because I read all the horrible reviews.

In the end it appeared if you knew all the steps and docs required it was ok. If you didn’t the process was horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter