Not Getting it

Chosimba one

Earning My Ears
In Pinocchio,what kind of moral lesson can be learned from letting little boys smoke and drink without consequences? Different times.

I believe there were consequences - the curse of turning into a donkey and being used for labor. Pinocchio avoids this fate by renouncing the irresponsible behavior. This shows his growth as a character. Not all of the boys were able to escape.

In Pinocchio,what kind of moral lesson can be learned from letting little boys smoke and drink without consequences? Different times.
I believe there were consequences - the curse of turning into a donkey and being used for labor. Pinocchio avoids this fate by renouncing the irresponsible behavior. This shows his growth as a character. Not all of the boys were able to escape.
Yep. And that sort of wraps up this thread.

Little boys should learn not to act like dumb adults because they will get cancer from both.

First SOTS, then the crows in Dumbo, now this. I guess the next Disney film to be indicted will be The Little Mermaid, because the villain in it is clearly an example of fat shaming. :rolleyes1

The moral I take from the drinking and smoking is this: you can repent and give it up, make amends for the bad things you do and come out the other side. If you don't do these things-acknowledge you did wrong-you don't have a chance.

So, I actually watched Pinocchio for the first time in forever (probably the 1984 re-release) just the other day (got the sweet Signature Edition for Christmas) and I was reminded of this thread. I definitely don't remember the Pleasure Island scenes being so...wild! According to the special features, it was Walt who pushed for this. It was originally just going to be a land of candy and junk food, but Walt wanted it to be edgier, and show what boys will do without restraint. They're animals, ha ha! Certainly the (rather dark) consequences are shown and none of it is deemed to be portrayed positively. Still though, it struck me how Pleasure Island was laid out like a theme park, with various areas dedicated to a different debauchery. It's amazing that WDW had an area named after it for a time, but at least nobody was throwing bricks through windows just for fun!

So, I actually watched Pinocchio for the first time in forever (probably the 1984 re-release) just the other day (got the sweet Signature Edition for Christmas) and I was reminded of this thread. I definitely don't remember the Pleasure Island scenes being so...wild! According to the special features, it was Walt who pushed for this. It was originally just going to be a land of candy and junk food, but Walt wanted it to be edgier, and show what boys will do without restraint. They're animals, ha ha! Certainly the (rather dark) consequences are shown and none of it is deemed to be portrayed positively. Still though, it struck me how Pleasure Island was laid out like a theme park, with various areas dedicated to a different debauchery. It's amazing that WDW had an area named after it for a time, but at least nobody was throwing bricks through windows just for fun!
No, but I do recall visiting PI during that horrendous after-hours paid admission nonsense, and there were quite a few drunken idiots making asses of themselves.

No, but I do recall visiting PI during that horrendous after-hours paid admission nonsense, and there were quite a few drunken idiots making asses of themselves.

Ha ha! I think they call that "Food & Wine Festival" now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!