Not another transport question!

Staceycs

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit stumped as to what to do for transport on our trip and know that someone on here will have a solution.

We need transfers LAX-Tropicana and then Grand Californian-LAX a week later. There are 4 of us travelling: 2 adults and 2 kids (the kids will be 2 and 4 at the time of travel). In the past we have used the DRE and Super Shuttle. Both have been fine, but this was when we were travelling as a couple, or with one very tiny infant.

I was looking to use something like Lansky this time (so it is quicker, more direct and not shared), but have just read that you need to provide your own car seat and install it. As we are travelling from Australia and will be in the States for 5 weeks, we are not bringing a car seat for the 2-year-old. I will buy a BubbleBum online for the 4-year-old to use while we are there though.

Because we need to request a car seat, that pretty much cancels out Lansky, Karmel Shuttle, Super Shuttle and Execucar. On a side note, does 4MostCoach still operate?

Am I right in thinking that DRE may be our only option? I'm hoping that someone can recommend a good private company that I wouldn't have come across yet. We don't need a grocery stop or anything like that, but just want a quick, reliable way of getting to the hotel quickly.

Thanks for your help!

I can't find my invoice in my email for the name but there are definitely companies who will pick you up with carseats! We got a transfer LAX into LA in 2015 and another in Seattle in 2017.

Just googled, it was Zippy Shuttle. Was great service, there, on time, baby seat and booster, exactly as ordered.

We did a road trip last year and I ordered 2 seats from the US Amazon to be delivered to our first hotel in Seattle a week beforehand that they held for free. We had a couple of split car bookings and it was cheaper than hiring one with each booking (and I knew the history of them).

I can't find my invoice in my email for the name but there are definitely companies who will pick you up with carseats! We got a transfer LAX into LA in 2015 and another in Seattle in 2017.

Just googled, it was Zippy Shuttle. Was great service, there, on time, baby seat and booster, exactly as ordered.

We did a road trip last year and I ordered 2 seats from the US Amazon to be delivered to our first hotel in Seattle a week beforehand that they held for free. We had a couple of split car bookings and it was cheaper than hiring one with each booking (and I knew the history of them).

Thanks! I’ll have a look at them now. It’s so much easier locking in a booking knowing that someone else has had good experiences with that company.

You’ve really got me thinking now about a car seat...we have 3 seperate rental car bookings for the rest of the trip, so the car seat for the 2-year-old will add up. This could be a great option. I love the great ideas on here!

I booked Lansky for February and they will provide booster and toddler car seats but not infant car seats. They say that the customer is to install the seats but the driver may assist. I’m still bringing a car seat for my 3 yo for the plane and I already bought a bubble bum a while back for my 6 yo so I will have both in case the Lansky provided seats/boosters don’t work out. They only provide pics of the car seats and boosters, no brand names or models.

I booked Anaheim TownCar Services/JAG Transportation from LGB for a trip in May. Their website says they provide forward or backward facing toddler seats as well as infant seats and booster seats. You select what you need when you make your online reservation. It is not cheap but easier than taking 2 car seats. Has anyone used JAG transportation?

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit stumped as to what to do for transport on our trip and know that someone on here will have a solution.

We need transfers LAX-Tropicana and then Grand Californian-LAX a week later. There are 4 of us travelling: 2 adults and 2 kids (the kids will be 2 and 4 at the time of travel). In the past we have used the DRE and Super Shuttle. Both have been fine, but this was when we were travelling as a couple, or with one very tiny infant.

I was looking to use something like Lansky this time (so it is quicker, more direct and not shared), but have just read that you need to provide your own car seat and install it. As we are travelling from Australia and will be in the States for 5 weeks, we are not bringing a car seat for the 2-year-old. I will buy a BubbleBum online for the 4-year-old to use while we are there though.

Because we need to request a car seat, that pretty much cancels out Lansky, Karmel Shuttle, Super Shuttle and Execucar. On a side note, does 4MostCoach still operate?

Am I right in thinking that DRE may be our only option? I'm hoping that someone can recommend a good private company that I wouldn't have come across yet. We don't need a grocery stop or anything like that, but just want a quick, reliable way of getting to the hotel quickly.

Thanks for your help!
We are going in a couple of weeks and booked Lansky for our 3 adults and 2 toddlers. They are providing 2 car seats for the kiddos. The only type of seat they don't provide is an infant
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help!

We booked Lansky and will be using them for the first time in a couple of weeks, for our group: 3 adults and 2 tots. They DO provide the seats. The only kind of seat they don't have is an infant seat, which in the US most parents stop using around age 12 months. They do require the parent to install them, which I'm fine with. I don't necessarily love installing car seats but I will feel more secure doing it myself. I'm hesitant to recommend something I haven't actually used yet but it sounds like that would be a good option for you as well.

Thanks everyone for your response lies.

I must have my wires crossed about Lansky and their child seats, so I’m happy to hear they are a possibility.

Thanks for the suggestions of other companies too- looking forward to doing more research now :earboy2:.

I'll second the JAG/Anaheim Town Services for awesome service and providing every kind of car seat, from infant to booster! Great company. Will meet you at baggage claim and load your luggage, make a stop for groceries or snacks on the way, etc. Highly recommended! :)

We used Lansky this summer and they were great. They met us at baggage claim and had the 2 car seats we requested (convertible car seat for my 4 year old, booster for my 7 year old - seats were newer and in good condition). The return trip to the airport was just as smooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter