Norway Ports - opinions/help needed!

How was your excursions?
Really enjoyed the Lysefjord cruise and Stavanger in general.

Did not enjoy the Alesund Highlights tour. This was the only day it rained on our cruise, which may have had something to do with it.

You cannot go wrong in Geiranger. We did the Dalsnibba tour in the morning through a prepaid private tour, then did the rib boat in the afternoon through the ship. Both were outstanding. Our friends did the bike down the mountain and they really enjoyed that as well. One thing, when coming back from Dalsnibba, you have the option to get off at the Fjord Center and take the Fossevandring (Waterfall Walk) back down to the port. I HIGHLY suggest doing this. The walk was a highlight of our trip!

Did the Bergen highlights in the morning and then did the funicular up Mt Floyen on our own in the afternoon. Both were really enjoyable. As an FYI, if you are not on a tour, getting to the Fantoft Stavkirke is a bit of a hike, so we were glad we did the tour. Floyen is spectacular and we had picture perfect 80 degree weather our day in Bergen (which they said was unusual) so we all really enjoyed that!

Happy cruising!

7DBB3629-692C-432D-BC6A-732E62344292.jpg

9A167554-4920-40BE-AF54-AF0F3E2E3864.jpg

Did not enjoy the Alesund Highlights tour. This was the only day it rained on our cruise, which may have had something to do

Did the Bergen highlights in the morning and then did the funicular up Mt Floyen on our own in the afternoon. Both were really enjoyable. As an FYI, if you are not on a tour, getting to the Fantoft Stavkirke is a bit of a hike, so we were glad we did the tour. Floyen is spectacular and we had picture perfect 80 degree weather our day in Bergen (which they said was unusual) so we all really enjoyed that!

Happy cruising!
How far its the cruise port to the funicular to Mt Floyen? We are planning to do the same, tour in the morning and the mount after. Di you walk there or a taxi?

How far its the cruise port to the funicular to Mt Floyen? We are planning to do the same, tour in the morning and the mount after. Di you walk there or a taxi?
It is walkable. Basically, once you get to the end of Bryggen (where the Starbucks is) hang a left and it is 2 blocks.

Have a great time!

IMG_5460.JPG

I can't do the Back to back this year :( we are doing it on 2017 but this time with my mom.
Thank you my mom can't walk long distance, did you remember if there were taxis available outside the cruise port?

You can also take the public bus, it is two or three stops. https://www.skyss.no/en/

We had the Bergen Card for the day which includes all public transport in Bergen and used the bus quite a bit. Clean and reliable and plenty of lines go by the cruise terminal.

I think the cruise port stop is called Bontelabo and the stop you need to get off is Torget. From there it is a short walk.

Did not enjoy the Alesund Highlights tour. This was the only day it rained on our cruise, which may have had something to do with it.

You cannot go wrong in Geiranger. We did the Dalsnibba tour in the morning through a prepaid private tour, then did the rib boat in the afternoon through the ship. Both were outstanding. Our friends did the bike down the mountain and they really enjoyed that as well. One thing, when coming back from Dalsnibba, you have the option to get off at the Fjord Center and take the Fossevandring (Waterfall Walk) back down to the port. I HIGHLY suggest doing this. The walk was a highlight of our trip!

Happy cruising!
Thanks for the info! Who did you book your Dalsnibba tour with?

Also in Bergen, did you buy your funicular tickets in advance or did you get them on site?

MUN

Also in Bergen, did you buy your funicular tickets in advance or did you get them on site?

I know you did not as me, but I hope you don't mind if I chime in with our experience! We bought them at the funicular. The lines were really long in the morning and through lunch time. We went up there around 2pm and by then we waited only maybe 10 to 15 minutes to buy our tickets and then board the train. When we were in Bergen in 2015 they had 5 ships in port on the same day, if I remember correctly. I saw a report on the local website that this was the day with the most cruise ships in the season.

Here's a couple of photos of the views while on the Mt. Dalsnibba Tour above Geiranger. 66 View Back Towards Geiranger & The Magic.JPG 67 Closer View.JPG

Attachments

• 66 View Back Towards Geiranger & The Magic.JPG
    66 View Back Towards Geiranger & The Magic.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 67 Closer View.JPG
    67 Closer View.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter