• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Normally a hotel type of gal...what are the cabins really like

bratray

<font color=red>Disney Planning Addict<br><font co
hello

dh and me with 3 kids staying at wilderness cabins 8-27 to 9-3- anyone who has stayed in these cabins can you honestly tell me what they were like

we all love camping and have a motor home- (dont want to drive it from buffalo to florida) and thought staying at the cabins in WDW would be a nice change- hubby loves the outdoors and loves to fish

are the cabins roomy
cleaniness- do you have mouse keeping
furniture that is comfy

we always stay at a wdw hotel when we visit

any info or tips would be greatly appreciated

thanks

lisa

I replied to your thread on the Resorts forum but I'd like to add that we stayed in the cabins in April/May 2002 and the Polynesian concierge in December and the place my husband still raves about is the cabins. They're definitely roomier than a WDW hotel room and you'll have mousekeeping every day just like at the hotel. They'll even run your dirty dishes in the dishwasher for you! We put the "No housekeeping required" sign out on some days as we didn't need it, but they still left us a big bag full of at least a half dozen clean towels every day even though there were only three of us. Enjoy your trip!

We stayed in a cabin last June and absolutely loved it! I am not a nature girl by any stretch, and I was a little nervous that this would be "roughing it". I was pleasantly surprised when we walked into the cabin....

It was roomy, clean, comfortable and MODERN! It was also quiet and laid back. Mousekeeping comes in every day, you get fresh sheets and towels, the run the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen...Can't beat that! It was great being able to cook a couple of meals, and just relax!

You won't be disappointed, I promise!

I love the cabins ... nice and roomy ... a kitchen to cook should you desire too ... a separate bedroom with bunk beds so you can put the kidlets to bed and be able to sit up and watch t.v. or read.

Mousekeeping is great! I can't imagine staying anywhere else!

Another thumbs up for the cabins for us "spoiled" WDW deluxers. We stayed in the cabins this Feb for the first time and I loved them. It was like going to the mountains (of course they're aren't any) with all the conveniences of staying on WDW property.

We rented a golf cart which was convenient to get around the campground but I was actually impressed with the internal buses as they ran quite frequently (they take you all around the campground including the marina to pick up the boat to MK or to the front to pick up a bus to the other parks).

One day we had lunch on the deck outside and there is nothing to describe the convenience of a full kitchen when you're at WDW. We were actually able to eat leftovers from those fabulous WDW resort restaurants:p

The cabins were very clean, cozy and roomy. Housekeeping service is available everyday. It will be a nice change from the resorts. The only thing it doesn't have is a themed pool but they're never really too crowded like most of the WDW pools are that time of year. You won't be disappointed. ENJOY!!

Just try to think of the cabins as a regular home away from home with the ouside looking like a cabin. You will be in the outershell of the campground and will probably see you neighbors and also have a woodsy view at the same time depending on th cabin. We were in 2504 and it was just great. Just ask at the front desk when you check in and they will "try" to accommodate you if they can. Nothing is garunteed though.

We stayed there last July (2002). I can't imagine staying in a regular room for the same price. You have so much room and it is very modern and clean. We loved them. It is so nice to sit on your deck and watch the squirells run up the trees. It is quiet and peaceful. You will really enjoy staying there!!

New to this MB, but not new to Disney
yesears.gif

We love FW Cabins!! There are 6 of us and they have plenty of room and are wonderful!! In fact, on our next trip we plan on
staying there again!! I stayed in them when they were just trailer homes and they are much, much better now with the Disney touch added to them!!

We rented the golf carts too, and our boys just loved that!!

I would recommend the cabins to anyone. JMO
earsBounce.gif

How were the buses? Does it take a long time to get to the parks and do you have to switch buses to get where you are going?

The bus system was no problem at all....all direct buses to the theme parks. Here's a link for the schedules.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/busroute.htm

The Settlement Depot is by the marina and the Outpost in the front...closer to the cabins. You would catch a bus from one or the other and go directly to the park. The only time I remember not being taken directly to where I was going was when we went to Blizzard Beach to play mini golf...you have to get off at Swan and Dolphin, but B.B. is right there. :)

Hope this helps!:bounce:

bratray are you staying in the cabins at WDW? DW, DD, and DD are beginning to plan a trip for next year. Cabins was one of the options we left open.

I have been looking into the cabins myself. I have seen pictures of the living room area. I see a sofa. Is that the murphy bed? Or is there a sofa and a pull down bed from the wall?

Is there one or two TV's?

Thanks

I think they only have a tv in the living room. The murphy bed pulls down from the wall between the two windows at the end of the living room. We loved the homes and the cabins!

In my opinion the FW cabins are the best place to stay at Disney. It is nice to have different areas such as a living room and a bedroon. The deck is also wonderfull because it comes equipped with a grill for a lesurely and less expensive meal. When we stayed at the cabins last May we also had a visitor come to visit us every day. We named him Pete - he was a peacock. We also rented the golf carts and it was well worth it. It makes it so much easier to get around and it is soooo much fun.:bounce:

Just to confirm, there is only one television which is in the living room. I believe there was another in the bedroom at one time but not anymore, but we didn't 'miss it.

There is a sofa next to the murphy bed in the living room. The sofa could sleep one person if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter