Non-Stop or Arrive Earlier???

Thank you all for that feedback. The price is the same but most times its actually cheaper. The two flights I am choosing from is Leaving at 6AM from Oakland with a stop for 2 hours in San Diego and then arriving in MCO at 5 PM. The non stop is leaving at 11 AM and getting to MCO after 7. I have an Ohana reservation at 9:15 that night so we thought it might be better to arrive early so we can stop at the store and get our water and stuff on our way to the hotel. There is a flight out of San Jose leaving at 7:30 am and arriving at 3:30 which would be perfect but it would cost me $150 to park there where as I am literal 5 mins from Oakland airport and have many ways to get there. I do have non stop coming home though. Not sure what is best option.

I'd take the non-stop. Connections can be dicey and a 2 hour layover is long. Plus you are flying south to go east, so it feels like that is all wasted time. I have taken a connection PIT-ATL-MCO but it feels like ATL is along the way, so it's not that bad.

I'd choose nonstop every time. Reduces your chance for missed flights due to weather, mechanical issues, etc. Our preferred flight to Disney gets in around 8:45pm. We could take the earlier flight that gets in at 4:30, but it's a 6 hour trip instead of a 3 hour trip. I like the peace of mind knowing that it's a one and done kind of thing. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter