Non-LA California residents, how often do you go to DL?

We are in east Bay Area. Fly if flights are cheap enough and not going any where else. Drive if doing a combo trip with other things in socal. Go once a year usually, for 3-5 days at Disney.

Coming from the Bay Area, the last few years we spent a weekend every other month plus about a week in September to enjoy the Halloween party. We can never get away in November and December though due to work.

My schedule has been changed to split days this year though so it's been difficult to squeeze a trip in, I will find a way to get to Pixarfest though.

When I was a Californian, I went twice in 17 years. Once with my mom, once with my dad.

I've gone far more often since moving OUT of California. :)

Same with me. We rarely went when we lived in SoCal. At one point I lived 1 mile away and I never went. Crazy.

We go 3-4 times a year and got APs last December after realizing it would cost less. We stay 4-5 days each time.

We are not AP holders and we go go 2-3 times per year. Usually for two days at a time. We drive because we live a little less than 2 hours away. This year was the most we have been. We went for 4 days in November and then bought the 3 day SoCal pass and split that into two trips, one for two days and one for one day.

I live 2 hours north of SF. When my kids were young we would visit a couple times a year (one year when we had APs 5 times). Each trip was 3 full days. Now trips are fewer and farther between. My last trip was 2 years ago.

Not sure when my next trip will be. New job, loss of income, etc makes things kinda iffy. My guess is sometime in 2020 or maybe after....

Oh I also wanted to ask, so those that go fairly frequently, do you fly or drive, or a combo of both?
Coming from the Portland, OR, area. Generally, we fly. Jet Blue makes it generally pretty reasonable (about $75/pp each way, often less, and a good frequent flyer program). We did a road trip down over this last summer. Not my favorite, but only because it felt rushed to get to Disneyland; hubs and I will do another road trip in a few years, but plan on taking 2-3 weeks, so that we can stop anywhere we want on the way down and back, and see more things.

It used to be very year but now with the insane crowds, poor security and terrible way Disney handles crowds, we're down to once every three years.

I live about two hours, driving distance, away. I've had an AP for the last couple years. Most of my trips are just day trips but I try to do an overnight a couple times a year. Always for my birthday(summer) and usually around the holidays. In years past, I would go at least once a month but this past year has been horrible trip wise. Everytime I plan a trip something has come up....I haven't even been once so far this year, so I probably won't renew. :guilty:

We live in the Roseville area and we go every 3 years. We do not have annual passes. I would love to one day, but it just isn't in the cards right now.

Out in AZ, we currently have APs, but we will not be renewing when they expire in November because the cost for 5 passes increased too much, we do not believe the value is there. We drive, stay at least 6 days each visit. We will be going some time in fall, and if we can, squeeze one in before that, we will.

Forgot to add, we crunch numbers seeing if it is better to purchase 5 day park hoppers with MaxPass added,many visits in a year p vs getting an AP. It looks like next year, it will be cheaper for us to get tickets and go twice.

We are from Portland, Oregon
We visit every 12-24 months (Usually mid-December, late March or Memorial Day weekend)
3-4 nights at the Grand Californian (Rent DVC points) with a 4 day Hopper pass

I live in Denver. I try to make 4 trips a year. I have 2 down this year and have another one in a week and a half. I'm hoping for either one the week after Thanksgiving or after school goes back in January. I go about 12-15 days total. I know a lot of people go more than that, but honestly the merch, food and parking discounts make it totally worth it.

I renewed mine the week before they went up $150 in Feb this year. I'm not sure if I will renew next year.

We live in San Diego and have been AP holders for 8 years. We usually visit about once a month for 1-2 nights (2-3 days in the parks). We travel by train (Pacific Surfliner) and then take a Lyft from the train station to our hotel. Add us to the list of those not renewing when our expire (in August). We will wait a few years and see what the AP price is after the SWL excitement has died down a bit. We plan to just get the 4-day SoCal tickets next spring (if they even offer them again) but are also thinking about a WDW trip over spring break.

I live 2-3 hrs away depending on traffic and we go about once a year for 3-4 days. The year we had annual passes we went about once a month, sometimes just for the day and sometimes for 2-3 days.

We live in Honolulu,Hawaii.

Wish we live closer.

We usually do 3 day, park-hopper days.

Last Disneyland, CA Trip - July 2016

Woo Hoo! Going soon!!! Disneyland,CA - October 2018

Sacramento area-DD living in Long Beach now after finishing college. We fly down 3-5 times a year to visit her, there are usually 1-2 Disney days involved each trip the last couple of years. I usually attend 2-4 conferences a year in the greater southern California region-and I almost always squeeze some solo Disney time out of those if I am within a 100 miles of the parks. I have a conference at the end of November in San Diego where I probably will not do any Disney time because of my trip next week. I will be in Carson for a two day conference next week and I will squeeze in dinner with DD a couple of times (we both have APs) at the parks/DTD. Full solo day at the parks next Friday and half day on Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!