Nobody Wants To Go With Me,... Suggestions?

WDWOKW92

Mouseketeer
Here I sit,... trying to figure out when I will make my next trip to WDW between now and the next 18 months. That's not the problem. I've been there 20 times since 1985. My wife of 30 months has been there twice with me and my son (now 18y/o) has been there 15 times. Here's the problem. I want to go before the 50th anniversary celebration is over but neither one is interested in going with me :confused3. To me, WDW is no fun unless you have someone to share it with,... or can it be? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Wow, they don't want to go with you to experience the 50th Anniversary Celebration? I'll go! :bounce:

Hey, if they don't want to go, tough noogies! Go by yourself and have a great time! They don't know what they're missing though!

D4D

"WDW is no fun unless you have someone to share it with"!!!? Oh, Contraire! (How's my French?) You definitely can have as much fun, maybe more, when you go yourself-go where you want when you want, eat what/when /where you want. I've gone with family and by myself. If I didn't think I'd hurt anyone's feelings, I'd dare say I enjoy it more by myself. One reason is that I can ride the Fantasyland rides, wave frantically at the characters, talk to people, etc. and not have to worry about being an embarrassment to my family!

Simba's Mom is totally right!! I've done many solo and non-solo trips and loved them all!! But solo trips give you total freedom - you answer to nobody but yourself. Feel like riding RnR all day?? Want to eat at a character meal??? Need a day to lounge at the pool??? It's all at your fingertips!!!

I say, take the plunge!!! :cool1:

travelin' tigger said:
Simba's Mom is totally right!! I've done many solo and non-solo trips and loved them all!! But solo trips give you total freedom - you answer to nobody but yourself. Feel like riding RnR all day?? Want to eat at a character meal??? Need a day to lounge at the pool??? It's all at your fingertips!!!

I say, take the plunge!!! :cool1:

Agree! In the summer, I take the kids up north and visit my family. Dh stays home because of work. After work and on days off he heads off to the parks himself. He loves it. He gets to do all those things that he's always wanted to do. One day he spent the whole day at Disney Quest. Another day he spent the whole time going around World Showcase watching the shows. He ate what he wanted when he wanted, etc.

you will have the fun and the freedom all at once. I'd say go for it and enjoy yourself. Meet up with other DISers, I am planning on going solo this fall.

I'm planning on doing my first solo Sept. 30th thru Oct. 4th for the Food and Wine festival. That will be 2 firsts for me. I say Go for It! I'm sure there will be other fellow diser's there :wave:

I'm planning on doing my first solo Sept. 30th thru Oct. 4th for the Food and Wine festival. That will be 2 firsts for me. I say Go for It! I'm sure there will be other fellow diser's there :wave:

lynn71092 said:

Those are the same dates I'm there (solo right now). Staying first couple of nights at ASMo, then moving to a studio at BWV.

See ya around the parks!!! :cool1:

Sharing your WDW experiences with family and friends is wonderful, but solo trips are equally fun in their own way! I've had three solo trips and one with a friend to WDW, and a number of solo Disneyland trips, although more with family and friends, as we used to live about an hour away.

As much as I enjoy sharing the experiences with others, I treasure my solo trips. I can rise and shine as early or late as I choose (or Housekeeping lets me sleep!), stay through the goodnight kiss at the castle without others urging me to hurry so we can exit ahead of the crowd, etc. You get the idea! It's all about you and WDW!

I'm hoping the 50th Anniversary Celebration will continue through December, 2006, which will be my next WDW trip. At the moment, a friend is considering going, but I have a feeling it will end up a solo trip--which is fine with me! :)

Maybe I'll see you there travelin' tigger!
I'm hoping to stay at Pop Century.
I'll be watching the solo list, maybe we can hook up somewhere. :wave:

Boy, your wife doesn't know how lucky she is to have a Disney lover! I would kill to get my husband to go there with us, but he's just not into Disney. I think he'll go once, but not every 12-18 months, like I want to! It's always an argument with us.... But if she doesn't care, I would go alone!!

Simba's Mom said:
One reason is that I can ride the Fantasyland rides, wave frantically at the characters, talk to people, etc. and not have to worry about being an embarrassment to my family!

hehehe! I had to giggle beause this is one of the reasons I love going solo! Family & friends always want to skip the characters, the shows, and Fantasyland... my fave rides are in Fantasyland!! :flower:

Mike

Solo is great too. I have been to WDW 13 times since Dec '99. One was with my whole family of 4, the last one, Dec '04, my DD stopped down for 4 days (out of an 11 day trip) and I have my next solo coming up next week. Plus 2 solos to DL back in '01. A solo trip is great, as said above. Go, enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter