No Show Today

Wow. So much complaining about FREE content!!

I would agree - except it’s not really free. First, that notion went out the window the moment Pete took to Patreon. If you’ve been a Patreon supporter, I doubt you’d still think of it as “free.” Secondly, if you’ve looked around YouTube, this site, or the podcast, you’d see sponsors and advertisements. Your support and exposure to said sponsors makes it not free. In the same way that watching your favorite show on network television (ABC, CBS, NBC) is not truly free. Those actors, producers, and directors get paid.

@Teleclashter For future reference, I perform an interpretive dance to the entire Epcot entrance loop. It is approximately 47 minutes long, and I have it on high-quality video. So if another situation arises at the last minute that prevents a live show from being broadcast, I would be happy(and honored) for you to air my contribution in its place.

I’ve seen it - it’s magnificent

Only concern is how emotional Kathy will get during the “One Little Spark” segment

As a bonus tidbit, if you play it backwards it says “Death to Duffy”

I just took a look at the archives. There have been 19 Tuesdays in 2018. There have been 16 Tuesday shows plus seven 7-in-7 episodes. So the team has given us 23 shows in 19 weeks. For free. To entertain us and keep us informed. Plus all of the other shows besides the Tuesday show.

I'm not sure what else to possibly say about that.

I would agree - except it’s not really free. First, that notion went out the window the moment Pete took to Patreon. If you’ve been a Patreon supporter, I doubt you’d still think of it as “free.” Secondly, if you’ve looked around YouTube, this site, or the podcast, you’d see sponsors and advertisements. Your support and exposure to said sponsors makes it not free. In the same way that watching your favorite show on network television (ABC, CBS, NBC) is not truly free. Those actors, producers, and directors get paid.
It costs me nothing to listen to the show other than having a smartphone and wifi or a data plan. That's about as close to free as it gets. Yes I hear an ad each week for Dreams Unlimited but that's a heck of a lot better than watching a TV show and being bombarded with ads every 10 minutes.

If we are going to be nit picky nothing in life is free. You have to pay for it somehow whether it is time, money, etc.

No one is forcing you to be part of patreon and content hasn’t changed since they added that unless you are a supporter. If you are you get even more.

As for ads on videos in most of the videos I’ve watched from the Dis there are no ads before the videos. Sure there are ads on the YouTube site but can you avoid that? You aren’t paying for those ads.

I just took a look at the archives. There have been 19 Tuesdays in 2018. There have been 16 Tuesday shows plus seven 7-in-7 episodes. So the team has given us 23 shows in 19 weeks. For free. To entertain us and keep us informed. Plus all of the other shows besides the Tuesday show.

I'm not sure what else to possibly say about that.
The numbers don't lie.

If I go in my DIS Unplugged app and just pull up shows under the DISUnplugged Orlando banner, I see 38 shows this year that are available in an audio format. This does not count Universal, Connecting with Walt, Dreams Unlimited, or Best & Worst.

It is free in the sense that the show existed before Patreon and would be able to sustain itself if the Patreon didn't exist. This isn't a "donate or the shows go away" scenario. Also, nowhere on the Patreon site does it say you are contributing to help produce the Orlando show. It's a broader effort to lift the boat of the entire DIS Unplugged team, which produces the Orlando show and every other piece of content they put out.

It costs me nothing to listen to the show other than having a smartphone and wifi or a data plan. That's about as close to free as it gets. Yes I hear an ad each week for Dreams Unlimited but that's a heck of a lot better than watching a TV show and being bombarded with ads every 10 minutes.

compared to some other podcasts I watch or listen to - their ads are nothing ... some have adds in the beginning, the middle, the end, etc. - feels like 20% of the show is ads for some of them

It’s free for me to consume the content. I am aware how ads work, but there’s no obligation to contribute to Patreon to get a majority of their content.

compared to some other podcasts I watch or listen to - their ads are nothing ... some have adds in the beginning, the middle, the end, etc. - feels like 20% of the show is ads for some of them

Absolutely agree! I listen to a true crime podcast and boom, halfway through I have to listen to a minute and a half of the host talking about what he cooks for dinner with his Blue Apron subscription (unless I can skip ahead which I usually do). A quick comment about dreams unlimited at the beginning of a show is nothing!

Totally agree. My DH listens to podcasts of people who have radio shows while he works out. I swear if I hear another blinds or dog vitamin commercial, I'm going to lose it.

Totally agree. The DIS should pay me for having to endure those ads at the start of every show. Time is money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!