No right,no wrong, no rules for me - I'm free *First solo trip 4/30-5/6* updated 8/29x3 *complete*

The squirrel climbed onto my foot.
What?!!?!? :scared1:

Gorgeous :goodvibes

BUT I figured it would be a chance to see if Elsa was actually letting it go this time, and not just standing there awkwardly like in December.
:rotfl:

I would have been alone on the next car, and that would have been creepy!!
Been there. Done that. Ahhh, the price we pay as solo trippers :laughing: Like, ya know, being shoved into the corner at breakfast.... :rolleyes1

I take payment in cookies.
How odd, that's exactly how I take my payments, too! :thumbsup2

Ugh sunburns are bad enough, but when they are uneven that's just super frustrating!

Glad your plans for October are coming together, I hope you do a PTR!

It's finally starting to even out a little bit! The weird lines aren't so harsh anymore...I guess it isn't summer without one weirdo sunburn, LOL!

I will probably break down and do one after I get this report wrapped up...my mom is getting so excited, and I'm so happy I'm able to take her!

Animal Kingdom is a great time, no question!

It's amazing, I agree!!

I always have problems when using spray sunblock. I miss spots and end up with burn lines. I had a sunblock mishap on Sunday. I somehow made it through a week of FL in July with no issues but went to the local pool a day after we got home and got super burnt. I started to apply sunblock while at home but since everyone was waiting for me I stopped and figured I'd do it at the pool. Well I guess I forgot or didn't remember which parts I missed. But you can see on my neck where I had sunblock on and then my chest is bright red. And the front of right leg was red. My left just a little bit. So weird. At least I only mess up my sunblock application and not the kids.

We're doing one night at POP before moving to the BW for our November trip. Like you we're getting in late and just plan on sleeping.

Do a PTR! <---- Says the person who can't get their stuff together to do one themselves.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has spray sunblock problems!! I was like, how old am I? Why can i not manage this sunscreen?? LOL!! Everyone else was fine, just not me.

I almost did the same thing as you today at the pool...I had one arm done, got distracted by X needing his back sunscreened, and then sat down. Luckily I remembered to do the other arm so I didn't end up with one burned and one fine. Talk about uneven :rotfl2:

I will make sure to report back to you on how Pop works out for the one night...I booked preferred and have a Touring Plans fax request for ground floor, 70s Bldg 10. It seems like the closest to the main building. I'm hoping to take one of the new Minnie vans with our luggage to Poly that morning before heading to Mk. After saying that, I think I really do need to get a PTR going so I can organize my thoughts!! I talked to my mom today and mentioned my spreadsheet and she laughed at me. She has no idea, haha!

I laughed far longer than I should have at that.

This is how I know I like you, LOL!!

Wow, you've been busy with all the updates. I fell way behind so lots to catch up on.

Wow, that is quite the wake-up call. Million dollar view.

Why yes it is :P My sleepy crew has never even seen a rope drop either.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm gonna hold you to that :-)

Well I gotta say you have gone above and beyond in the trip report this time. In all my years on here, I don't think I have ever seen a picture of the laundry room.

Love it. She's like rainbow brite Minnie!

Wow, I have never seen or heard about this before. How amazing!!!!!!! Do they do this often now???? I'd love to see some of those characters. Especially Big Al!

Ya know what they say, one persons head is another persons tripod :-)

Breathtaking!

I got update happy there for a bit...it comes in bursts, LOL!! Right now I'm just so anxious to get it all wrapped up.

The view was the best. Each morning I wake up at home and gaze out at my own yard...but the only animals I see are my four dogs, one of which insists on making sure everyone in the world can see him take care of his morning business. It's not quite the same peaceful experience. My chihuahua leaps when she runs and kind of looks like an antelope, but that's as close as I get :rotfl:

I love rope drop...I feel panicky if I miss it, although I try to play it cool when we don't make it (which is admittedly rare). I was CRACKING UP over the duck wandering around like he was on his way to work, too!

My DH bought a lottery ticket for tonight's drawing b/c it's his birthday today...so cross your fingers, I'm in Disney withdrawl pretty badly right now! We could all storm the castle and take over the MK. It would be awesome!

Haha, I know it wasn't the most thrilling update, but we always end up doing laundry during our trips and I always have a hard time finding pictures of resort laundry...plus, this one at AKL was so NICE. I want it at my house. I need all those washing machines!! (and then someone to come fold and put away for me, because that's the worst part!)

She was very Rainbow Brite-y! Anything even remotely 80s-ish gets my attention. Like a dog with a squirrel!

I think the hoedown thing is everyday?? This was around 5:30 I think...it was super fun to watch, and I loved seeing the characters. It's one thing to see them waving from a parade float or whatever, but seeing them so close was a rush. I fangirl pretty hard over the country bears! We met Wendell at MVMCP and it was so exciting (traumatized my youngest, though, he thinks they're creepy!!)

Maybe I was the rude one...why on earth didn't I just hold still and let him get his shot?? :rotfl2: I just wish I knew what he was thinking at the time. I need to know!

Glad you enjoyed your BOMA breakfast- and that you didn't have to worry about EMH!

Love the pictures as you walked in!

OMG that squirrel wanted to be your best friend! I would have screamed too!

Wow, must have been cool to have the Seas all to yourself! I guess that's a perk of going there first while everyone else goes to Soarin/Test Track/FEA!

And after all that, you still got on Soarin with such a short wait!

The topiaries by the festival center are SO cute, great pics!

The Boma breakfast was good...anywhere with Disney bread pudding is a win for me, though.

That squirrel FREAKED ME OUT. I have a weird relationship with squirrels anyway. I think they're cute from far away, but I don't like the way they move (it's a weird phobia, I know, LOL!). Once, when I was a kid, I heard a loud bang on my window, and I opened the curtain and a squirrel was clinging to the screen. Since then I've been a tiny bit creeped out by them. I was fine with it being close until it got TOO close. I am just happy I haven't seen any Dis threads titled, "Crazy lady screamed at squirrel at Epcot" with a video attached! I know at least one group was taking pictures, it was embarrassing :rotfl:

Love Boma for breakfast and dinner so good. Wow they did hide you in the back :goodvibes
Beautiful pictures I especially like the one of the yellow monorail coming towards you over the water just stunning.
I also like the one of SE from Finding Nemo.
Disney squirrels are super friendly though I've never had one hop on my foot :eek:
That's great finding a FP for FEA :thumbsup2

They did shove me back there! Flashbacks to the long walk from our Boardwalk room to the elevator in December, haha!! It was by the window though, which was nice!

This was a good picture day, some of my favorites I think. I am going to try to get more from that angle over Nemo again in October when hopefully the sun won't be so glaring.

That squirrel! He was a menace :rotfl:

I was pretty proud of that FEA pass! I couldn't believe one was available.

OMG literally our exactly plan from our last day too! Time and everything!!

I love this picture!

I may have laughed out loud at this. ;)

At least it didn't stop while you were alone. Now THAT would be creepy

It's a plan that works well! Definitely try to go down a little early if you can, they'll seat you and it's empty in there, which is nice!!

I do too! I like the purple tree :goodvibes

It was hysterical. If I had seen it happen to someone else I'd have cracked up...but now I might need therapy for squirrel phobia! I already had a mild one anyway, this ramped it up a bit, LOL!!

:scared1: I'd have been so creeped out if it had stopped while I was alone!! Ack!

Haha I don't think it's for the tip, I also thought you look too young to have kids that old! ::yes::

Haha, thank you!! I feel about 100 most days. I never thought about being on the younger side of other moms with kids the same age as my own until I started doing all the PTO stuff. One of my good friends just found out my mom is the same age as her husband and had a mild freak out.

View attachment 254103

They did that to me too when I ate there solo!

I have to assume this is why :rotfl:

I don't think so, :laughing: (well maybe she was fishing for a bigger tip but it's true)! You do not look old enough to have a teen and an almost teen :rotfl: I told Josh how old your sons were after we met, and he was quite surprised too.

But you didn't get a make your own omelet :scared1:

Oh no! I feel so bad but this sounds like it was so funny...to watch...not for you. I had a chipmunk surprise me once by running over my foot and I screamed a lot.

And Disney seems to think Figment isn't popular anymore! Did you see the Figment ears they're having for Food & Wine? I need them!

I've heard the green side is going to be different now? Not sure exactly how because I've never been on it.

Looking good because there's no chunks of monorail falling on you :laughing:

I wanted to use that gif but I can't get mine to work from flickr :sad: It's one of my favorite Office scenes EVER (and we LOVE the Office...we played the theme song at our wedding as we exited the ceremony!!)

I'm sure there's a logical reason, like just having all of the two top tables back there, but I choose to feel offended, like they were shunning us :snooty::snooty: - haha!!

Aw, well I appreciate Josh's surprise, lol! I have to compartmentalize my feelings about my age...like, I have so many adult responsibilities with my PTO boards and things, and I have to deal with school administration and the school board and the superintendent and present myself in a professional manner...but I don't want to talk about closing achievement gaps and nutritional guidelines. That's lame! All I want to do is talk about Disney World and watch trash tv :confused3

I did not get an omelet! I didn't think about it until I had sat down, and after the bread pudding I was too full :sad:

I admit, the squirrel thing was funny. I'm sure I looked like a crazy person :rotfl::rotfl:

I have not seen the F&W Figment ears!! I am going to go look for them as soon as I finish typing!!

I think the green side is supposed to be different, and then like updates or something for orange? I haven't read too much about it, but have mostly been sighing dramatically because now I feel like I have to ride both sides again...and I don't like the ride. It's one of Leyton's favorites and i do not understand.

Hahaha!!Yes, that poor old monorail!! Can you even imagine seeing that happen??

What?!!?!? :scared1:

Gorgeous :goodvibes

Been there. Done that. Ahhh, the price we pay as solo trippers :laughing: Like, ya know, being shoved into the corner at breakfast.... :rolleyes1

How odd, that's exactly how I take my payments, too! :thumbsup2

That squirrel was scary!!

Elsa needed a pick me up in December...her arms just dangled sadly at her sides, poor thing :rotfl:

breakfast banishment :sad2: I'm glad it wasn't combined with being alone on Figment. I didn't post my Dinosaur ride photo, but it looked like more solo shunning...they put me in the row with the handicapped accessible seat, so I'm way on the other side of the car from the other people in my row. But when given the choice between that and the guy from the safari who was too close for comfort, I think I'll take the shunning :rotfl2:

Ok, now I want cookies. Great. :rotfl:

I wanted to use that gif but I can't get mine to work from flickr :sad: It's one of my favorite Office scenes EVER (and we LOVE the Office...we played the theme song at our wedding as we exited the ceremony!!)

I had to find it again in order to use it. Ah so cute!

I'm sure there's a logical reason, like just having all of the two top tables back there, but I choose to feel offended, like they were shunning us :snooty::snooty: - haha!!

But why did they put the 2 tops in the corner in the first place :scratchin

Aw, well I appreciate Josh's surprise, lol! I have to compartmentalize my feelings about my age...like, I have so many adult responsibilities with my PTO boards and things, and I have to deal with school administration and the school board and the superintendent and present myself in a professional manner...but I don't want to talk about closing achievement gaps and nutritional guidelines. That's lame! All I want to do is talk about Disney World and watch trash tv :confused3

Same :rotfl: I like to do both those things on a Disney trip too I try to exclusively watch trash tv at the resorts :laughing:

I did not get an omelet! I didn't think about it until I had sat down, and after the bread pudding I was too full :sad:

Aw :sad:

I admit, the squirrel thing was funny. I'm sure I looked like a crazy person :rotfl::rotfl:

This is what happens when people feed the squirrels!

I have not seen the F&W Figment ears!! I am going to go look for them as soon as I finish typing!!

I screenshotted a video

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.56.20 PM.png

And I like this too:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.56.26 PM.png

I think the green side is supposed to be different, and then like updates or something for orange? I haven't read too much about it, but have mostly been sighing dramatically because now I feel like I have to ride both sides again...and I don't like the ride. It's one of Leyton's favorites and i do not understand.

I heard it's supposed to be tamer? Like smaller kids can ride now. I think that's the difference so maybe I'll ride it too.

Hahaha!!Yes, that poor old monorail!! Can you even imagine seeing that happen??

No! I would have a heart attack!

And this is when things took a downhill turn. He touched me.

I may have screamed. In public. At Epcot.

People may have laughed. People may have been taking pictures.

I admit nothing.
We were in the same general vicinity in January, leaning against a wall, and didn't notice a squirrel had come to sit in the few inches between us and the wall until we noticed people pointing. I love little furry creatures and all, but I was very happy to have tennis shoes and jeans on. I would have done the same as you if it touched me, probably even in tennis shoes :rotfl: I will admire the squirrels, but no touching! At the end of the day, they're wild animals and could bite and have diseases... I might sound paranoid, but I had to learn all about those diseases in college, so...

Great pics! I love your closeup Spaceship Earth picture.

I was not a Mission Space fan - I don't like the pressure. I thought I'd get out of it in September, but I guess not...

My server was very chatty and even sat down at the table with me at one point to talk. She asked about my kids, and I told her their ages, and she said she never thought they'd be so old, she figured they'd be like 7 or 8 because I didn't look old enough to have an 11 and 13 year old.

I get that a lot. I assume it's a fishing tactic for a big tip :rotfl2:

Sounds like possibly our favourite server, Theresa! She has a habit of sitting right down in the booth with you and chatting. Good on her for the you-look-so-young flattering, but of course in this particular case she's right!!

If you are a breakfast person, Boma is the place to go when staying at AKL!

Absolutely!! My mouth is watering just thinking about going there.

35672293382_507908db1b_b.jpg

So beautiful!!

Oh! He wants to be friends!!

Oh my gosh!

I admit nothing.

OHMYGOSH!! What??!!

I walked over to The Land and...

got in the 15 minute standby line for Soarin'.

Instead of doing standby AND using my FP like the prior visit, I decided to see what was available in tier one on the app. I got a Fast Pass for Frozen Ever After at 11:10! I had not planned to ride Frozen this time, because I don't have any sort of attachment or love for this ride since Maelstrom is gone, BUT I figured it would be a chance to see if Elsa was actually letting it go this time, and not just standing there awkwardly like in December.

No freaking way! Awesome!!!

Figment is so cute. Somehow I managed to not buy everything in the shop on my way out. But it was tough! I wanted plush Figments and the Figment hoodie, and the Figment magnets and Figment pins...all of the things!! But I resisted. Where's my prize?? I take payment in cookies.

Figment merch is some of the very hardest to resist, I find. So cute and purple and loveable!!

Steve Miller Band/Peter Frampton concert tomorrow night.
My cousin used to play with Peter Frampton :)

They shoved me way back in a corner.
lol you're by yourself, you're a loser!! (just kidding :hug:)

bread pudding (with BOTH sauces!).
The bread pudding at Boma is the best bread pudding in the world!! It's also my favorite breakfast on property

but I would have paid three times the amount just for the bread pudding!!
See! Just like I said :thumbsup2

Those theme park animals don't play around, man, they're not scared of us. They know what they want and they'll come right up and get it. They know we think they're cute! Seriously unfortunately so many visitors feed them that they've lost their fear of us. I would freak out if one came up on my foot

Then it's back to school.
Already I swear they just got out.

Maybe this was not a request for friendship, but instead a showdown.

I admit nothing.

Enough furry mammals! I was over it! It was time to go under the sea!
:tongue::fish:

Hi Stitch!!
Aliens are real.

I'm way on the other side of the car from the other people in my row. But when given the choice between that and the guy from the safari who was too close for comfort, I think I'll take the shunning :rotfl2:
I actually LOL-ed about this! :rotfl:

Happy Saturday!!

I will come back and quote soon, but I have to share what I bought today for MNSSHP!!

I mentioned a few posts back that I bought the black and white crochet ears, right? They shipped yesterday and I am so excited to see them. They look just like this:

ears.jpeg

(wow, that's huge, sorry!)

Well...today I bought this dress on Amazon to wear with them:

polka dots.jpg

I hope hope hope this dress fits and is comfortable material. It was inexpensive enough to take the risk, and will be SO CUTE if it works out.

I've never ordered clothing on Amazon before, so it might be a disaster, but I'm crossing my fingers.

Wow that squirrel in Epcot was frisky! Love all your FG pictures, I am so hoping we can make a trip in April work for us to see the FG!

Love your new ears and the dress is so cute. That will be so nice for the party!

Glad to see your enjoyed Boma, though that is crazy to see where they sat you. Clearly there were no other options available :-)

Dying over your close encounter with the squirrel kind. I'm going to have to scour social media and see if someone got a video of it :P

What luck having such a short wait for Soarin' and being able to switch to a frozen fast pass. I really don't like the tiering system, but its good to see it can work out in someones favor every once in a while.

Loving all your topiary pictures. I'm so glad we're going to F&W this year, but the topiaries really make F&G special. All F&W has is drunk fools :P

Happy Saturday!!

I will come back and quote soon, but I have to share what I bought today for MNSSHP!!

I mentioned a few posts back that I bought the black and white crochet ears, right? They shipped yesterday and I am so excited to see them. They look just like this:

View attachment 255051

(wow, that's huge, sorry!)

Well...today I bought this dress on Amazon to wear with them:

View attachment 255052

I hope hope hope this dress fits and is comfortable material. It was inexpensive enough to take the risk, and will be SO CUTE if it works out.

I've never ordered clothing on Amazon before, so it might be a disaster, but I'm crossing my fingers.

Oh my goodness, precious! I love this! Hopefully the dress looks and fits exactly like you want!

This is what happens when people feed the squirrels!

Oh I know!! I hate when people feed the animals. I want to scream at them to stop feeding the ducks and squirrels. I see people letting their kids do it and I'm like, this is NOT a Disney attraction. It's dangerous for the person AND the animal. Ugh. People.

screen-shot-2017-07-19-at-11-56-20-pm-png.254368

And I like this too:

screen-shot-2017-07-19-at-11-56-26-pm-png.254369

make it rain.gif

I will admire the squirrels, but no touching! At the end of the day, they're wild animals and could bite and have diseases.

I agree! I fully admit that I am three years old when it comes to animals...I've got to PET AND HUG ALL OF THE THINGS. But, that line is drawn for wild animals. Sometimes people drop their brains at the gate. I completely understand the desire to interact with the birds and squirrels. It's cool and adorable to see them so close up...but rabies isn't cute. Foamy mouth is not a fashion statement.

I was not a Mission Space fan - I don't like the pressure. I thought I'd get out of it in September, but I guess not...

Same! I hated the feeling of the pressure on my chest. The rest of the ride, whatever, but feeling like I couldn't breathe took me out of the experience.

Sounds like possibly our favourite server, Theresa!

I wish I remembered her name. She was in her mid to late 20s, and had two kids spaced the same as my boys and had them at the same age I did. So we talked about that. She was great!

OHMYGOSH!! What??!!

It was scary, lol!!

So cute and purple and loveable!!

So true! The magnets where he's in different places around the world are one of my big regrets...some of those might come home with me in October.

Boma breakfast is the BEST!!!

It was so good! I liked how quiet it was there first thing in the morning, too!

My cousin used to play with Peter Frampton :)

That's really cool!! He put on an amazing show. His instrumental version of Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun brought the house down. Now, Steve Miller on the other hand...he started out kind of rough before hitting his stride. But Frampton was on and awesome from the first note.

lol you're by yourself, you're a loser!! (just kidding :hug:)

Right?? :sad::sad::sad:

The bread pudding at Boma is the best bread pudding in the world!!

It's soooo good. Two sauces?? Yes. Cupcake crawls and pub crawls are cool, but I need a Disney bread pudding crawl in my life. And crawling would definitely be my mode of movement because I would be so full and sick. But happy.

Seriously unfortunately so many visitors feed them that they've lost their fear of us.

I know, and it is infuriating :sad2::sad2:

Already I swear they just got out.

That's how I feel :sad1: Three and a half weeks until we go back.

Aliens are real.

aliens.jpg

I actually LOL-ed about this! :rotfl:

shun me any day over sitting by too-close man!

Both are adorable!

thank you!

I am so hoping we can make a trip in April work for us to see the FG!

Love your new ears and the dress is so cute. That will be so nice for the party!

Flower and Garden is sooo beautiful. I always love Epcot, but F&G just adds something really special.

I'm so excited about the ears and dress!!

These are SO cute!!! And much more exciting than my Disney-trip-related Amazon purchase last night... a rain jacket :rotfl:

But a rain jacket is more practical!! As excited as I am for the dress, when I start thinking about wearing it around the park I start to question my sanity a little. I sure hope it's comfortable!

Clearly there were no other options available :-)

Right? I mean, it was a packed house! Maybe she knew I was planning an epic takedown of the bread pudding and needed some distance from the buffet to walk it off!

Dying over your close encounter with the squirrel kind. I'm going to have to scour social media and see if someone got a video of it :P

I was 100% sure I was going to wake up the next day and be a meme.

I really don't like the tiering system, but its good to see it can work out in someones favor every once in a while.

I hate tiers. Especially at Epcot. I mean, I get the need for them or whatever, but...no. However, I will say, being a solo rider using FP+ worked in my favor several times.

Loving all your topiary pictures. I'm so glad we're going to F&W this year, but the topiaries really make F&G special. All F&W has is drunk fools :P

I agree with you! I love Epcot so much, but the topiaries and flower quilt thing around the lagoon are so amazing. F&G really elevates the atmosphere.

OMG!! I love both the dress and the ears! I want!!!

Crossing my fingers selling my soul that the dress fits!!

Oh my goodness, precious! I love this! Hopefully the dress looks and fits exactly like you want!

It arrives today...I get text alerts from Amazon when things arrive, so I will be glued to my phone all day, even though I know we don't usually get packages until around 2:30 or so.

The dress & ears will look so cute together!

I've never looked forward to trying something on so much in my life. I also got this skirt:

skirt.jpg

and it's coming today. I want to find a Moana shirt to go with this!

It's soooo good. Two sauces?? Yes. Cupcake crawls and pub crawls are cool, but I need a Disney bread pudding crawl in my life. And crawling would definitely be my mode of movement because I would be so full and sick. But happy.

I'll come with you :wave:

I was starting to have a little Post Disney Depression creeping in already, since I wasn't really planning on being back in the Magic Kingdom again after this. :sad::sad:
PDD is the worst!!

Farewell, Wishes. You will be so missed!!
I miss Wishes. HEA was great, but I had a hard time focusing on both the projections and th fireworks simultaneously. Plus, I feel like finding a great spot for Wishes was much easier than finding a good spot to view HEA.

Aw, Snow White. Squirrel on foot?! NOPE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter