No right,no wrong, no rules for me - I'm free *First solo trip 4/30-5/6* updated 8/29x3 *complete*

If I was going to get through this, I needed a cocktail!!

:rotfl:

Um, cool, but what the heck was I supposed to do with this thing?? If you guessed, "carry it around awkwardly for the rest of the night while trying to keep the lid on", you'd be correct!!

Same. I didn't know what to do with it at all, and we didn't plan to get any popcorn but I wanted it. Josh awkwardly crammed it in the backpack eventually, and it was hard to pack to bring home.

say it with me now, "all available space!" We were crammed in pretty much like sardines.

Ugh we were already all sitting pretty close when they did this to us.

The drink I chose was the Annapurna Zing, which is gin, passion fruit puree, lime juice, mint, and ginger beer. It was light and refreshing - perfect for dealing with the heat.

This looks yummy!

Um, cool, but what the heck was I supposed to do with this thing?? If you guessed, "carry it around awkwardly for the rest of the night while trying to keep the lid on", you'd be correct!!

I mean, that's usually the best way to carry things, right???

34656377163_fb38b03711_b.jpg

My favorite time of day in AK <3

Glad you had a nice dinner at Tiffins!

Yay for making 2 more same day FPs!

I love your sunset & nighttime pics, so pretty!

Ah that's disappointing to hear about the ROL seating!

I feel like a broken record, but once again, I'm behind on everything Disboards related!! I thought I'd have so much time on my hands with the kids off at their grandparents, but it seems like I can't get a grasp on anything, and I feel busier than ever! I have so many reports I'm trying to catch up on, and hopefully I can by the end of the week. I am missing my DisFriends and reading all about everyone's trips.

Haha same here. I play catch up all the time.

:rotfl: Just kidding!! Crowds were definitely NOT an issue.

The crowd level at that time of year was really nice. Definitely a new favorite time to go.

I'd mentioned earlier that my main priority for the evening was my Rivers of Light dining package meal at Tiffins, so I began making my way toward the restaurant. When I arrived at the park (after miraculously not falling while rushing in a long skirt), I tried to go in via the marked passholder entrance of the park. They told me I couldn't because it was only being used for people with a cast member preview for Pandora. I told them they needed to change the arrow on the sign then, because it was pointing to their line. They said they wondered why people kept walking over to them.

Really?

Sometimes I question the things Disney does...it's rare but it happens, haha.

I was super sad about not making it to my AP Preview because of the Odyssey of the Mind competition. Drowning my sorrows and eating my feelings seemed like the way to deal with it :rotfl:

Excellent way to compensate for not being at the Pandora Preview! I'd have done the same.

Oh, who am I kidding?? It was torture being there and seeing the entrance to Pandora SO CLOSE and not being able to go in!

Aww - you will have your chance soon!

The drink I chose was the Annapurna Zing, which is gin, passion fruit puree, lime juice, mint, and ginger beer. It was light and refreshing - perfect for dealing with the heat.

I've had this before and it was perfectly refreshing!

Here it is next to the complimentary bread service. I think pomegranate was involved somehow?? This is why I don't do dining reports!

You're right! Pomegranate molasses is involved.

this was deeeelicious. I mean, shockingly good. There were also olives and small yellow tomatoes on the plate. All of the flavors worked so well together, and the octopus was amazing. No weird rubbery texture or anything - it was cooked perfectly. I feel like I shoveled it into my mouth. This was the first real food I'd had to eat all day and I was starving.

This is hands down one of the best things I've eaten at Disney period. Love this dish!

I'd mentioned that my waiter was initially very awkward...well, that was improving! I was kind of joking around with him, and trying to break the ice a little, and he said it was his first time having a table on his own. He was in training! I told him that I would be such an easy table, and not to worry or be nervous. After that, things settled down and it wasn't awkward anymore. I was grateful for that, because I was having trouble deciding on my entree.

He was probably so nervous with you being his first real customer! But that is reassuring that he was making a conscientious effort to do a good job that he probably overdid it. Haha.

Oh. My. goodness.

I am so glad I went with my first instinct and ordered this dish. This was INCREDIBLE. From the menu: Rainbow carrots, roasted purple Peruvian potatoes, chimichurri.

Oh that looks delicious! Definitely something to consider when we're there in August.

Guys. The chimichurri was a revelation. It was INSANELY good with the beef. There was only one bite of it that was too red for my liking, the very center of the first medallion. Otherwise it was cooked to perfection. The short rib was like buttah. So tender and flavorful and...why do I not have this in front of me RIGHT NOW?? This dish put Tiffins on the must do list for future trips. I cannot wait to take DH here for a meal.

Hence why I have eaten here 3x already this year with a 4th time in August. LOVE.

Green tea sponge topped with light weight whipped lime "cheesecake", matcha crumb, and an almond-sesame tuile.

Those are compressed mango bits and mango puree on the plate.

I ate every single bite! It was the perfect end to the meal. Light and fluffy, all of the flavors worked perfectly together. That tuile cookie was amazing, I wish they sold them somewhere in the park!

We ate this too. Soooo yummy!!

The only problem with this meal is wondering how I'd ever order anything else on the menu. I can't imagine going and not getting the exact same thing.

I have the same dilemma! I try to get new things on each visit, but I do always get the octopus because it's so yummy.

You got an actual ticket! That's great as during our RoL package in Feb we were just "told" the time to return to and our server got the times wrong. We almost missed RoL!

Light up lotus popcorn bucket.

Wait what, your package comes with this?!? That's awesome as I've always wanted one!! But yes the carrying it around awkwardly was what has deterred me. Maybe when we're at AK or Epcot at night I will remember to pick one up.

We had our first nighttime Animal Kingdom experience in December, and I was looking forward to another evening here. As beautiful as the park is after dark, there is something very special about this pre-sunset time when the lights are beginning to come on and the light from the sun is hitting everything just right...

Just beautiful, I agree.

By "with Pandora in the distance" I mean, if you look at the top left you can kind of see the floating mountains,LOL!!

Beautiful shot! Love the light streaming from the sun.

It was a hot, crowded, uncomfortable wait. If I ever see this show again, I am going as early as possible to get a seat closer to the water and one of the stone ones with a back to it. The benches up where I was were back killers!

Haha I thought the stones would be hard and uncomfortable so we sat on the wooden banches. It was also cold the night we went in Feb so quite possibly a different experience from yours.

Parts of the show were incredibly beautiful, and it fits in well with the theme of the park, but it was hot and crowded and uncomfortable...if I ever watch it again, it will be from the bridge between Nemo and Everest. They tape off an area for standing views. I'd grab a drink and stake it out early if shade was available. Otherwise, I'm glad I saw it once, but the seating in the theater is kind of nuts!!

I would not wait for a spot either and I think watching from the bridge with a drinks sounds better!!

I had to be up early the next morning.

Why??

I'll tell you later ;);)

OOOOH Exciting!!

Tiffins looks yummy. We have lunch ressy's at Yack & Yeti but we may have to stop into Nomads lounge and have the Octopus appy and cocktails before ROL. I've seen that appy in @chunkymonkey and @kastoney reports now your has sent me over the top longing for it. LOL

Al you evening pics are awesome. Yay for the extra FP's.

Bummer the seating was so cramped and uncomfortable for ROL! I'm still really looking forward to that show though, but can't imagine what the seating will be like in January!? You were that crowded on an empty park day!

Drowning my sorrows and eating my feelings seemed like the way to deal with it :rotfl:
That's usually my plan! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Oh, who am I kidding?? It was torture being there and seeing the entrance to Pandora SO CLOSE and not being able to go in!
I can imagine!

I think pomegranate was involved somehow?? This is why I don't do dining reports!

if I ever watch it again, it will be from the bridge between Nemo and Everest. They tape off an area for standing views.
Thanks for this tip! I have mixed feelings about trying to fit this in, but this helpful tip might just do the trick!

Sounds like a very lucky and uncrowded trip to AK! And your meal at Tiffins looked and sounded absolutely delicious :goodvibes

OMG your Tiffins meal looks amazing! I have read so many wonderful things about this place. Glad it was equally delicious for you! I can't wait to try it in October with the RoL package.

In my opinion, it deserves all of the positive word of mouth!! I hope you really enjoy it in October.

Those wooden bleachers are horrible. I sat for over an hour with a FP+ back in March. I had to take an Aleeve when I got back to the resort because my back was so uncomfortable! I like your idea of having a drink in the shade on the bridge!

I think bridge drinks are the way to go!

When it's to the point where I wish I was on a metal bench waiting for Fantasmic, there's a problem, lol!! I think if there had been like three more inches of leg room it might have made a difference. I had a fast pass for it on my arrival night that I ended up skipping...I'm glad I did, because I'm afraid if I'd sat through it then I would have cancelled my dining package and missed out on that awesome Tiffins meal!

I feel like it unfairly colored the show in a negative light for me...and most of the show was very beautiful! If I had been more comfortable I think my opinion of the show would have been more positive.

Your meal at Tiffins looks so good so many great reviews. We're looking forward to dining here in November. Did you get a print as well after your meal?
I don't think I'm brave enough to try the octopus :scared:

Tiffins was sooo good, I'm glad you are going in November! I think you will love it.

I did not get a print, just the popcorn bucket. I think I'd have rather had a print, honestly. The popcorn bucket is really cool and super cute, but it sits on a shelf in my closet and collects dust.

As for the octopus, I will fully admit that I was nervous about it too! The fact that it was the dining package and I knew it would be a lot of food kind of helped me be bold with my decision. The char from it being grilled definitely helped it to feel less exotic. It was firm and meaty, not rubbery, which was another thing I was concerned about. There was no seafoody-fishy type of flavor AT ALL. Also, none of the other appetizers were all that...appetizing to me, lol! The salad looked good, and my fallback was the black eyed pea fritters, but ultimately I'm very happy I decided to be brave.

Best coping mechanism!

I'm so with you there. I could never remember enough about my dining experiences to write a report.

This was also the appetizer I got last time, and it was amazing!!!

Your whole dinner looked out of this world!

Awkward to carry, sure. But so cute!

Sorry ROL didn't do too much for you. I'm going in with tempered expectations, but I'm glad to know most people are saying it's really visually nice. I hate being sandwiched in with strangers though, so I could see how that would make for a much worse experience.

When in doubt, eat your feelings, LOL :rotfl2:

I always feel really proud of myself when I remember to take pictures of everyone's food and can put together a somewhat cohesive report entry. Most of the time though, bites have been taken or I forget!

Oh my gosh, it's one of my top five favorite dinners for sure. I love, love, loved it. The popcorn bucket is so cute, but it just sits in my closet now. I should have given it away to a little kid or something! I wish I'd thought of that then!

The show had a lot of wonderful moments, the seating situation was just so distracting that it overwhelmed my enjoyment of the show. Theme-wise, it was great, and there were some very impressive technical moments. I don't plan on seeing it again in October with my mom, but I will definitely watch it with DH and the boys on the next family trip, or if DH and I make a trip just the two of us.

I am so excited to try Tiffins this August, your meal looks so good. We are doing the RoL dining package as well. The night time pictures look so awesome. I have to go back and read your earlier updates where the pictures disappeared I was waiting on the pictures!

I hope you love Tiffins as much as I did!! A lot of times I don't find value in dining packages (Candlelight Processional package mainly, ugh!! I learned that lesson!!), but the RoL package at Tiffins is priced so well and actually seems worth it. I would do it again!

I'm so slow about the picture fixes! I am overwhelmed by how long it's going to take so I've been avoiding it! :faint:

Same. I didn't know what to do with it at all, and we didn't plan to get any popcorn but I wanted it. Josh awkwardly crammed it in the backpack eventually, and it was hard to pack to bring home.

Ugh we were already all sitting pretty close when they did this to us.

It was going to be rough without a drink if that guy had kept up the awkwardness!!

The main problem I had with the bucket was riding Dinosaur and Everest. It wouldn't fit in the bag things for personal items so I had to stick it by my feet. It got all tangled up leaving Everest and was so annoying!

I felt so conspicuous carrying it all around since I was bagless and had nothing except this pink flower thing.

I haaaated that they crammed us in so tightly! The guy next to me had a hearing aid, and I think he had it turned down pretty low to deal with all of the park noise...this made him practically shout every word he said and he was SO LOUD.

This looks yummy!

I mean, that's usually the best way to carry things, right???

My favorite time of day in AK <3

It was so good!!

Haha, yes! What is a trip to a Disney park without awkwardly carrying something?? Either my phone, like in the pics outside of Haunted Mansion or now this bucket! The lid didn't click closed, which was part of the issue. There was a way to slip the green strap through little slots on the side of the lid so it would remain attached, but it got in the way of the lid closing. It was a no win situation!

Glad you had a nice dinner at Tiffins!

Yay for making 2 more same day FPs!

I love your sunset & nighttime pics, so pretty!

Ah that's disappointing to hear about the ROL seating!

It was such a welcome meal after so many downers so far into the trip!

I felt like a fast pass rockstar. I had some very good luck with FPs overall, and I feel like it really had to do with the solo factor. I am so curious to see how it will work out in October!

I really hope they find some remedy to the seating issue for RoL, but I don't see how they can. I know people complain about upcharge events like dessert parties, but honestly, to see the show from a designated location without having to show up for seats so far in advance and STILL be uncomfortable?? I think I'd do it!

A solo trip sounds so fun. And our favorite resort is AKL!

My feelings about the solo trip were allll over the place in the weeks/days leading up to it, but I am so glad I did it! It was recharging and fun and I would do it again, definitely. AKL was absolutely perfect for this type of visit. I understand why it is your favorite!

Haha same here. I play catch up all the time.

The crowd level at that time of year was really nice. Definitely a new favorite time to go.

Sometimes I question the things Disney does...it's rare but it happens, haha.

Excellent way to compensate for not being at the Pandora Preview! I'd have done the same.

Aww - you will have your chance soon!

I've had this before and it was perfectly refreshing!

You're right! Pomegranate molasses is involved.

This is hands down one of the best things I've eaten at Disney period. Love this dish!

He was probably so nervous with you being his first real customer! But that is reassuring that he was making a conscientious effort to do a good job that he probably overdid it. Haha.

Oh that looks delicious! Definitely something to consider when we're there in August.

Hence why I have eaten here 3x already this year with a 4th time in August. LOVE.

We ate this too. Soooo yummy!!

I have the same dilemma! I try to get new things on each visit, but I do always get the octopus because it's so yummy.

You got an actual ticket! That's great as during our RoL package in Feb we were just "told" the time to return to and our server got the times wrong. We almost missed RoL!

Wait what, your package comes with this?!? That's awesome as I've always wanted one!! But yes the carrying it around awkwardly was what has deterred me. Maybe when we're at AK or Epcot at night I will remember to pick one up.

Just beautiful, I agree.

Beautiful shot! Love the light streaming from the sun.

Haha I thought the stones would be hard and uncomfortable so we sat on the wooden benches. It was also cold the night we went in Feb so quite possibly a different experience from yours.

I would not wait for a spot either and I think watching from the bridge with a drinks sounds better!!

OOOOH Exciting!!

I feel like I will never catch up, lol!

The crowds were so great all week!

Yeah, when the sign for AP entry is a huge orange sign, and people with APs keep coming up to get in and you have to turn them away, maybe check with direction the arrow is pointing on the sign or, I don't know, take the sign DOWN?? The arrow was velcroed on, they just pulled it off and changed it, so I have no idea why it took them so long to figure it out, LOL!

The drink was so good! I had a hard time deciding between that and a couple of others, mainly Jenn's Tattoo and Tempting Tigress. I think Jenn's Tattoo will be the next one I get there...that watermelon/lime combo is my current favorite.
The food was all extraordinary. I would love to add it to October to get back asap, but I can't imagine my mom eating ANYTHING on the menu. Maybe the salad app, lol!!

Yes, I was happy to get the little ticket thing! The popcorn bucket was a shock, I had no idea it came with the package. It's really cute, but I just don't know what to do with it now that it's home. I've never had any overwhelming desire for the buckets, but I feel like that might change when I see the Halloween options at MK! (I also NEEEED the poison apple mug!)

I think I would have preferred cooler weather and to be bundled up. The weather that night was great if you were walking, because there was a breeze, but down in the theater, the breeze seemed non-existent and it was just so humid and sticky with so many people around. Maybe I should have bought one of those seat cushion things and carried it around awkwardly too :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Tiffins looks yummy. We have lunch ressy's at Yack & Yeti but we may have to stop into Nomads lounge and have the Octopus appy and cocktails before ROL. I've seen that appy in @chunkymonkey and @kastoney reports now your has sent me over the top longing for it. LOL

Al you evening pics are awesome. Yay for the extra FP's.

Tiffins was soooooo good!! I would absolutely recommend stopping by the lounge for a drink and appetizer! I never thought I would ever sit around wishing for octopus but I do now!!

The FP situation was making me feel pretty special, lol!!

Bummer the seating was so cramped and uncomfortable for ROL! I'm still really looking forward to that show though, but can't imagine what the seating will be like in January!? You were that crowded on an empty park day!

My advice for RoL is to just get some snacks and arrive early for seats as close as you can get. Since there's a chance for cooler weather in January, maybe hoodies or jackets or whatever will make things more comfortable in terms of the seat hardness level.

A different seating situation would have made a lot of difference in my enjoyment of the show! Also, if I hadn't had to watch most of it through the phone of the lady in front of me!

That's usually my plan! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

I can imagine!

Thanks for this tip! I have mixed feelings about trying to fit this in, but this helpful tip might just do the trick!

Sounds like a very lucky and uncrowded trip to AK! And your meal at Tiffins looked and sounded absolutely delicious :goodvibes

It's a solid plan I think, lol!!

It was torture watching them all standing there, waiting. I'm so impatient to see it!!

Looking back on RoL, I feel like even with my planning, I was unprepared for what I walked into. The theater doesn't feel small until you're sitting down, and that's what I wasn't expecting. Also, since they were packing us in, there was not the same relaxed vibe as there is waiting for Fantasmic. It felt like there was a lot of pressure on the guests to keep moving closer together and it was just so odd...
Hopefully as it becomes more routine for the CMs, it will get better. The CMs seating us were from Kali River Rapids, still wearing their costumes for that, so maybe that was part of it?? The show is worth seeing at least once, definitely!

I could not have asked for better crowd levels that night, it was perfect!

So glad to see you loved your meal at Tiffins. We had that octopus on our last trip and absolutely loved it too. They are definitely leading the way in in park dining.

Despite the heat and crowds, our ROL pictures look great. Can't wait to finally experience it for ourselves

When I die, I think the epitaph on my gravestone will read, "I'm behind on everything - sorry."

Hi :wave2: I know this post is out of order from the others but I needed it to be first, because I am IONS behind on everyone's reports so I come here hanging my head in shame. When I do come on I try answering posts and updating my reports first. This is the end of our first week of summer and with all the running I did, it was anything but relaxing with very little Dis time and last weekend I was away. Hoping things calm down so I can stop playing catch up!

I was a little disappointed. I still have not done any of the three stage shows (Frozen, Mermaid, B&TB) at DHS! Shows are not usually a priority for the boys.
This really shocks me. We started doing VotLM and BaTB when the boys were both young-ish and I can still talk them into VotLM. It's been a couple years since BaTB though but if it meant sitting and chilling and going on their phones, they'd probably be for it :rolleyes: We only did the Frozen sing-a-long once but my plan is to do it again in Aug. simply because it'll be a nice break in the a/c, however I do expect to hear some complaints! Do all 3 with your mom in Oct. if you can.

Seeing her draw Stitch was a fun treat!
I've never seen Stitch drawn! We've happened upon water art a few times but just Mickey, Pluto, and Goofy

I think pomegranate was involved somehow??
I know @chunkymonkey answered this but yup! And it's what made me love the bread!

As soon as I booked this meal I decided I wanted the wagyu striploin and braised short rib. But, after seeing it on the dining report @ariane37 wrote, I got nervous about the doneness of the meat. I prefer my steak cooked medium, and it seemed a little red to me. I talked about it with the waiter, and he said that it would come out a little more red than a normal medium, but it would be worth it. I decided to go for it!
Glad you went with it, and enjoyed it!

Guys. The chimichurri was a revelation. It was INSANELY good with the beef.
::yes:: I think I said just that to Steve about 6x while eating it lol

It was very nice that he gave it to you but yeah, not what you need to carry around, especially when it's hot.

The ride ended (it's so rough! How do I manage to forget that every time and continue to ride this ride??
Steve and I rode this in May for the first time in awhile and even though I knew it was rough I forgot just HOW rough. Geez! We got off and Steve was like, "did it always knock you around like that" :bitelip:

Dinoland USA at night looks really cool, and I was glad I got to see it. We didn't make it to this part of the park when we were at AK for the evening in December.
We don't really spend time in DinoLand anymore so I hadn't seen it at night until we saw RoL and had to run through it to get a seat in time lol. It did look nice!

I'd grab a drink and stake it out early if shade was available.
Good idea, I'd probably do the same if I ever watch it again. Which at this point in time I don't see myself doing for quite awhile.

Yes, I was happy to get the little ticket thing! The popcorn bucket was a shock, I had no idea it came with the package. It's really cute, but I just don't know what to do with it now that it's home. I've never had any overwhelming desire for the buckets, but I feel like that might change when I see the Halloween options at MK! (I also NEEEED the poison apple mug!)

I'm so jealous of that popcorn bucket! And it lights up! I think I may HAVE to get one in August. And maybe that poison apple mug too!

Good morning!!

Our air conditioner had something go wrong on Saturday night. And I'm so glad it did!!

Whaaaat?? Are you crazy xlsm?? Why would you be happy about that??

Because L (my 11 year old - at least for 14 more days!) and I went to see Cars 3 while X and DH stayed home while the repair guy fixed it!

I looove Cars, it's one of my favorite Pixar movies. Why, you ask? Because I am blown away by the entire world they created with that movie. Not to mention the little details like having actual racecar drivers voice some of the characters, and by putting Tom and Ray Magliottzi in as the voices of McQueen's sponsors at Rusteze. (If you don't know who they are, they are brothers who hosted a show called Car Talk on NPR - one of my favorite NPR shows. They were so entertaining!) It was also like a mini love story to Route 66 and the heyday of the American road trip.

The boys were little when Cars came out, and it was a movie I didn't mind watching over and over again.

Then came Cars 2, which was NOT good. L and I decided yesterday to just pretend it never happened, because THANK GOODNESS for Cars 3!

It captured the charm of the original while managing to be new and fresh. It was intense in parts and emotional (OMG, what ISN'T emotional for me though, really?!?)
I'm always so excited to see what new animation technology Pixar is able to add to each new movie, and I was blown away by a couple of simple atmosphere shots in Cars 3. There is a scene where McQueen is visiting the old racetrack his mentor Doc Hudson raced on at the beginning of his career, and the camera kind of pans back and you can see the curve of the track with the name of the racetrack on the wall, old and paint peeling with a chain link fence behind it...it looked so real. L and I both said "Wow!" out loud. I don't know how they do it, and I don't want to know, but I LOVED it.

If you have a young female relative or friend that isn't into princesses, take her to see this movie so she can meet Cruz Ramirez. It's worth it!

I want to go back and see it again!!

Anyway, enough about that...I know I need to go back and do some quoting, but I HAVE to get another update posted or I'm going to get even more behind on this TR. I'll get to the quotes soon!

But for now, let's move along to ...

Chapter Five: Wishes Come True

When I left you, I had survived Rivers of Light, even with uncomfortable seating, and was going straight to bed because I needed to be up early!

My eyes opened the next morning and I got to see sunrise on the savanna

I had a VERY important date this morning!

Is it really a Disney trip if you don't do at least one pre-park opening meal?? Not for this family! Even on my own, I couldn't resist, and I kept the Be Our Guest breakfast I had planned for my MIL. It is one of my favorite breakfasts in a park (yes, I know a lot of people disagree!), so it was no hardship to get up early for a trip to the castle.

I had no wait for a bus on the way to MK this morning, and with low traffic this morning, we made it there faster than usual from AKL.

On my way up to the tapstiles I noticed the monorail under scrim...another ugly plain brown one:

I hopped in the line to check in:

This might have been the most empty I've ever seen this area of Magic Kingdom. Even on other early days there were more people milling around. I wonder if this is because of the new opening procedure?? This next picture is terrible, but it gives you an idea of how empty it really was:

Once I was checked in, I was given a little paper that I was supposed to show to the CM at the Liberty Square bridge to let them know I was there for a breakfast. I moved up to wait behind a line for the park to open up for us early birds.

Do you know how hard it is to stand here and wait, knowing you're so close?? I'm sure you all do!

The poor CM working here...bless her heart. She had to deal with so many people coming up and saying, "But I have an early breakfast!" or "But I have a tour!" and they would all argue with her when she would say, "So do all of these other people" or "Your tour guide will either come announce that it's time for your group to enter or you'll just go meet them at the spot listed on your itinerary." A couple of people just walked up and inside and she had to chase them down.

Now it's time for a joke...

A duck and a Plaid walk into a park...

:rotfl2:

For some reason this picture just struck me as unreasonably funny!

I think it was about 7:50 when we were let inside?? I feel like that's pretty accurate. They did come tell us they were waiting on Fantasyland to be cleared by maintenance and that's why there was a slight delay.

It was finally time to see Cinderella Castle this morning!

You'll notice all of the people already ahead of me...Other people were in much more of a hurry, because they blew by me on the way inside. I just don't have the desire to sprint into a park first thing in the morning. With a stroller. Call me crazy.

My reservation was for 8:15, so I didn't rush too much, and instead tried to enjoy Main Street and the hub. I did stop for a couple of photopass pictures:

Awkward Selfie (trademark :rotfl:) Time!!

I had to take a picture for Instagram, of course...Making today a perfect day!

My slow start to the morning paid off, because all of the other breakfast goers cleared out and I got a people free castle photo:

Patience pays off!! But enough lollygagging, it was time to get over to Fantasyland via the Liberty Square bridge!

I showed my little paper to the CM and was allowed through to an empty Fantasyland.

Empty Fantasyland is WEIRD, you guys!!

It's ok, I was back in my element soon.

I want to be...where the people are:

I wanna see, wanna see them standin'. Waiting around in that - what's that word again? Oh yeah. LINE!

Pro tip: If you have a BOG reservation, only ONE member of your party needs to be in line to check in. Trust me! They will come around and tell you this even.

It didn't take long for these guys to all get that message, and once they cleared out, I was like third in line to check in. No kidding. That's how many extras were standing there waiting.

I had preordered and went on up and inside with my rose to pay. On the way, I noticed this for the first time:

How have I missed those Beast heads up there with all the meals I've had here??

It took forever to pay for some reason, the group in front of me was huge and all were paying separately or something. Eventually a CM with an ipad just came over to help me since the one at the register was so backed up.

I sat in basically the same spot as I did for lunch. It's pretty much the only spot with small tables. I didn't think I needed a table for six all to myself in the West Wing (although that's where i wanted to sit!)

Awkward Selfie in the ballroom:

It took a long time for my food to arrive (again, I'm blaming the huge group in front of me from the pay line!) but when it did, it didn't disappoint:

Yes, alllll that food was for me! I'd say that's worth $25, wouldn't you?? Especially at Disney World.

This sandwich used to come on a baguette, and was delicious, but I loved the croissant version. I think I just like it b/c it has melted brie. I mean, how can you go wrong with melted brie on a buttery croissant?? You cannot.

I did not finish this, or even come close.

Of the pastries, the chocolate twist thing is my favorite, so I did eat that. I also tried a bite of the cinnamon roll (by "tried" I mean, ate the middle part and left everything else) and the blueberry muffin thing (the thing covered with crystal sugar - it was good!)

Most of this was wasted on me, but I love breakfast here in spite of the cost, and will continue to book it from time to time!

I was out well before the park was scheduled to open, so I left the castle and just wandered around an empty Fantasyland for awhile. Everyone else who was leaving went straight to wait for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but I like to be different ;)

I sat down on a bench and waited with this guy:

No one else was around except for one man with his toddler son, who was enjoying some freedom to run around for awhile. I don't blame him!! It was such a special, quiet moment at the Magic Kingdom.

But, being the Magic Kingdom, the quiet didn't last long:

and I found myself in line again.

While waiting, a family was rustling around behind me, trying to get sunscreen on and get organized for the official entry to the rides. I hear the mom say, "Where's your backpack?!?!?" in a panicked tone, and turned around to see a confused little boy of about 5 or 6 with a terrified expression in his eyes, realizing he's about to get. in. trouble.

I guess they came to the conclusion that he left it on the monorail, and apparently it contained everything he needed for the day. Oops. I hope it was resolved easily!!

So where was I going if I wasn't taking the 7D route this morning??

Peter Pan's Flight!

It was my first time through the standby line, we usually use Fast Pass. I was excited to see where the Darling children lived! Unfortunately it was a rushed trip, and all of the pics came out blurry, but here's one:

I was flying on one of the first ships of the morning, in and out very quickly, and THIS:

is what was waiting when I disembarked. Already a 35 minute wait!

Lucky me, off and on in no time.

I had a whole morning stretching ahead of me...how would I spend the rest of that time??

That's all coming soon!!

Enjoy your Monday!!

Empty Fantasyland is WEIRD, you guys!!
DH and I always do BOG PPO breakfast and so having experienced it I agree, it is a litle off putting, but kind of wonderful at the same time!!

I wanna see, wanna see them standin'. Waiting around in that - what's that word again? Oh ye
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Most of this was wasted on me, but I love breakfast here in spite of the cost, and will continue to book it from time to time!
Me too! But I bring a ziploc and keep the pastries for later, and who cares really, I'm actually paying for the early ride on 7D!!

We loved our PPO breakfast too and you're right people just charge though the tunnel even though there is a line and crowd like we're just standing around for our health :rolleyes1
Great pictures especially the ones of the castle and fountain.
I never noticed the Beast heads either glad you got a picture of it.
After breakfast we were able to ride 7DMT twice with no wait before the crowds came it was great.
Glad you got to visit with the Darling family and fly to Neverland :tinker:
Enjoy the 4th of July with your family :goodvibes

I loved BOG breakfast also, My daughter and I shared the same egg sandwich you had when it was on the baguette, yummy!

The park looks so peaceful before the mad morning rush.

Peter Pan is my all time favorite Disney ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!