No right,no wrong, no rules for me - I'm free *First solo trip 4/30-5/6* updated 8/29x3 *complete*

Annnnd I will be shrinking the photo size for the next post! Sorry they are gigantic!!

Woo hoo, glad you made it to FOTLK on time! And you can't beat a 5 min wait at the safari! I'm sorry your seat mate was so rude, but you got some great pics!

We had a last minute dash to FotLK like you did. We had to wait a few minutes while they finished filling the stadium with the guests who showed up on time and then they let us in. We entered through a back door that was high in the stands of one of the sections. The nice thing about this seat was that it was a fast exit, since we were near this secret exit door. :)

Get ready for another stroke of luck...the safari had a listed FIVE MINUTE wait time! For real!!

It was a total walk on, zero wait. I could not believe it!
That is unbelievable! Too bad about the space hog, though. That must have been one of the times when you really wish your family was with you.

Let me just say, walking super fast in a maxi skirt is not that easy!! But somehow I was able to halfway speed walk up to the entrance.

It's not easy!

Lucky again!
I felt really guilty about sitting so close when I didn't even wait in line!

Aw don't feel guilty it's the perks of traveling solo.

He was with his wife and child and he was a space invader. At one point he was almost in my lap with the camera in my face trying to reach across to get a picture and I had to tell him to Back. Off.
I had myself scooted over as close to the edge as I could and he just sat there comfortable as could be with his legs spread wide open, taking up enough space for at least two people. Even his own kid was crammed in between him and his wife complaining that she didn't have enough room. But outside of that, it was a pretty great safari with lots of animals!

Ugh so annoying.

Annnnd I will be shrinking the photo size for the next post! Sorry they are gigantic!!

:rotfl: I had that problem too. I didn't even notice they were giant at first because on my phone they look normal, on the computer I can see it though.

I had a 5:55pm Rivers of Light dining package reservation at Tiffins, so as long as I made it there, I would be happy. BUT I had bigger plans than that! I hoped to make it in time for the 4:00 Festival of the Lion King. I think I got to the bus around 3:20ish?? I got to the bus stop and luck was on my side for the first time and...

the bus was there waiting for me!

No way! This never happens with buses! You had some pretty stellar plans lined up...

Lucky again!
I felt really guilty about sitting so close when I didn't even wait in line! I was near the door and Pumbaa:

Woooh! Glad you made it. The only time I've never been in the Lion section was when we waltzed up five minutes before showtime, so I would totally risk it and come last-minute again. Who wants to try to sound like a warthog when you can roar like a lion!

Get ready for another stroke of luck...the safari had a listed FIVE MINUTE wait time! For real!!

Get out of town!! Best thing!

He was with his wife and child and he was a space invader. At one point he was almost in my lap with the camera in my face trying to reach across to get a picture and I had to tell him to Back. Off.

Gah, I seriously can't stand people like this at Disney...or anywhere. But seriously, it's already so crowded at Disney...have some decency and keep your body to yourself!

35079453200_62cc9bc69f_k.jpg

Hello beautiful baby creatures!! So much giraffe love!

Glad to see you made it to FOTLK and what a great seat. We always seem to be in the back row somewhere, which makes Casey none too happy because she wants to get picked to do the parade at the end. Oh well. Maybe they picked you for the parade instead :-)

What's up with creepy, crouchy, takes up too much room safari guy. Glad you told him to jambo off :-)

Congrats on the new jeep. Now I'm seeing them everywhere. LOL
jeep.gif

Eww creepy safari guy, glad you told him to back off.

the bus was there waiting for me!

I love it when that happens, it makes me feel extra pixie dusted that day.

Lucky again!

AWESOME seats!

It was a total walk on, zero wait. I could not believe it!

You are having an extra-special day!

I was through the line and on a truck in no time. There was one small bit of bad luck. The guy I was sitting next to :rolleyes:

I had myself scooted over as close to the edge as I could and he just sat there comfortable as could be with his legs spread wide open, taking up enough space for at least two people. Even his own kid was crammed in between him and his wife complaining that she didn't have enough room. But outside of that, it was a pretty great safari with lots of animals!

Unbelievable. :mad:
Well look at it this way, you have an interesting story to tell in your Trip Report! :cutie:

the CM at the counter said I was the third person in a row to buy it, so it must have just been a rough day for everyone!

Oh man! Must be something in that water lol

I pieced together a maxi skirt and a tank top and hoped for the best. Let me just say, walking super fast in a maxi skirt is not that easy!!

I did this at work once. It was an experience for sure! (also because I'm so short that my two maxi skirts are super long on me)

D: that's INSANE!

I am trying to catch up but I feel like some of my commentary would sound weird w/o the picture to see - so I'll come back in a few weeks and catch up/comment again ;)

Now, the people in front of me were terrified I was going to be seated with them. So much so that they (two adults and a toddler) squeezed themselves into one seat. I guess I did NOT have a friend in them. The wife just kept saying, "I don't want you to have to sit with her. I don't want you to have to sit with her." Like I was carrying the plague?? I didn't particularly want to sit with them either, so who cares??

That is SO bizarre. Like...do you not realize you're at a theme park? Where you'll probably have to be seated next to people you don't know at some point?
What a weirdo :rolleyes:

It was Star Wars Launch Bay time! We saw the California version last summer and met Kylo Ren (he was scary!), but we all wanted to meet BB-8, Chewie, and the Jawas, so there was definite guilt on my part!

I love Launch Bay! I am sad I missed out on BB-8, I wish he'd been there when we were there!

Awhile back, there was a thread about this, and some people were really hating on this march, saying it was scary and inappropriate for a Disney park, the music and mood was too intimidating, it was insensitive to certain guests, etc...

I totally rolled my eyes over that, because come ON! It's Star Wars! It's supposed to be intense, but most fans see it as immensely entertaining.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Again, people are WEIRD. It's not scary at all!

Personally, I loved it!

Jacob and I love it too!

Let me just say, walking super fast in a maxi skirt is not that easy!! But somehow I was able to halfway speed walk up to the entrance.

Good thing you didn't pull one of these:
giphy-downsized.gif

:rotfl2:

Animal Kingdom is just so full of distractions!!

It is!! So photogenic...so many pretty things to see!

Wow! That's so awesome! That hardly ever happens unless you get there right at park opening. Too cool!

Ugh that's so annoying. I hate people like that! Personal space dude! You're way up in it! :sad2:

Great updates - can't wait to read more!

Woo hoo, glad you made it to FOTLK on time! And you can't beat a 5 min wait at the safari! I'm sorry your seat mate was so rude, but you got some great pics!

I made it just in time! I still can't believe the walk on safari at 4:30 in the afternoon, it was crazy good luck!!

We had a last minute dash to FotLK like you did. We had to wait a few minutes while they finished filling the stadium with the guests who showed up on time and then they let us in. We entered through a back door that was high in the stands of one of the sections. The nice thing about this seat was that it was a fast exit, since we were near this secret exit door. :)

That is unbelievable! Too bad about the space hog, though. That must have been one of the times when you really wish your family was with you.

I might try getting to the show at the last minute every time from now on! Being able to make a fast and easy exit is a great perk!!

It definitely would have been nice to have my family along on that safari to keep me from the seat hog!! I always try to be so considerate of others, and I am always a little surprised when someone is so blatantly NOT. It's not totally shocking, but I always hope for the best from people. Oh well, I survived, LOL!

It's not easy!

Aw don't feel guilty it's the perks of traveling solo.

Ugh so annoying.

:rotfl: I had that problem too. I didn't even notice they were giant at first because on my phone they look normal, on the computer I can see it though.

I fell while walking fast in one and carrying a bunch of stuff into school this past spring...right in front of everyone in the parent pick up line. I have a scar on my knee from it! I was hoping so hard that I wouldn't have the same thing happen at AK!!

It was a good perk!

I added some of the pictures back into an earlier post and I think I figured out the sizing issue...I saw mine when I posted them and was like WOAH!

Glad you made it for FOTLK and walk on for Safari :thumbsup2
Great pictures of the animals.

I still can't believe my luck with the show and safari! I thought for sure the app was wrong and I'd get over there and see the usual long standby wait.

I was so excited to see so many giraffes again. It was giraffe-a-palooza!

No way! This never happens with buses! You had some pretty stellar plans lined up...

Woooh! Glad you made it. The only time I've never been in the Lion section was when we waltzed up five minutes before showtime, so I would totally risk it and come last-minute again. Who wants to try to sound like a warthog when you can roar like a lion!

Get out of town!! Best thing!

Gah, I seriously can't stand people like this at Disney...or anywhere. But seriously, it's already so crowded at Disney...have some decency and keep your body to yourself!

Hello beautiful baby creatures!! So much giraffe love!

I got so lucky with catching buses TO places, it was always coming back that was an issue :crazy2:

That guy drove me crazy. I mean, I don't like being close to ANYONE when it's hot and humid out, why on earth would you put yourself all up in a stranger's personal space?? It's so odd to me!

It was the giraffe jackpot!

Glad to see you made it to FOTLK and what a great seat. We always seem to be in the back row somewhere, which makes Casey none too happy because she wants to get picked to do the parade at the end. Oh well. Maybe they picked you for the parade instead :-)

What's up with creepy, crouchy, takes up too much room safari guy. Glad you told him to jambo off :-)

Haha, unfortunately I didn't get picked for the parade...they told me I was too tall ;) I did have a Tumble Monkey pretend to pick a bug from my hair though...It was a little weird, lol!!

I kept waiting for someone to come and make me move since I was basically in the handicapped seating area. I couldn't believe I got to sit so close!

Jambo off :rotfl2::rotfl2: I'm dying! Definitely going to incorporate that into conversation as often as possilble!!! He was the WORST!

Congrats on the new jeep. Now I'm seeing them everywhere. LOL
jeep.gif

Eww creepy safari guy, glad you told him to back off.

Thank you!! I loooove my car now. Can you be best friends with a car?? They are very popular here, I see them everywhere I look! My color combo seems a little less common, so hopefully that makes it harder to lose in a parking lot, haha!

He acted annoyed when I told him to back off, which was even more irritating than the fact that I had to tell him to move in the first place! So weird!

I love it when that happens, it makes me feel extra pixie dusted that day.

AWESOME seats!

You are having an extra-special day!

Unbelievable. :mad:
Well look at it this way, you have an interesting story to tell in your Trip Report! :cutie:

It always feels like the Disney gods are smiling down when luck is on your side with buses, or crowds, or wait times...I feel like I got a serious dose of pixie dust pixiedust:

Haha...it's alllll fodder for the trip report!!

Oh man! Must be something in that water lol

I did this at work once. It was an experience for sure! (also because I'm so short that my two maxi skirts are super long on me)

D: that's INSANE!

It was such a hot day, I feel like that had to be part of my problem. I was glad with the run on advil I didn't miss out on getting any of my own!

I always feel like I'm awkwardly shuffling when trying to move quickly in one...there's no way it looks natural, lol! I have a scar from falling while rushing in one and falling in front of so. many. people.

I don't think I'll ever have that kind of luck with an afternoon safari ride ever again, it was kind of a miracle!

I am trying to catch up but I feel like some of my commentary would sound weird w/o the picture to see - so I'll come back in a few weeks and catch up/comment again ;)

That is SO bizarre. Like...do you not realize you're at a theme park? Where you'll probably have to be seated next to people you don't know at some point?
What a weirdo :rolleyes:

I love Launch Bay! I am sad I missed out on BB-8, I wish he'd been there when we were there!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Again, people are WEIRD. It's not scary at all!

Jacob and I love it too!

Good thing you didn't pull one of these:
giphy-downsized.gif

:rotfl2:

It is!! So photogenic...so many pretty things to see!

Wow! That's so awesome! That hardly ever happens unless you get there right at park opening. Too cool!

Ugh that's so annoying. I hate people like that! Personal space dude! You're way up in it! :sad2:

Great updates - can't wait to read more!

I had such high hopes for lots of updates but the picture thing threw a huge wrench in. I'm having a hard time finding motivation to fix all of the photos, but I'll get there eventually :):)

I encountered some really awesome people during my week, and some reallllly odd ones, lol!!

The Star Wars stuff was SO FUN!

I actually DID fall in it once!! In front of a ton of people. It was...not my finest hour!! At least there wasn't a repeat at AK!

Yeah, morning is the only time I have been able to walk on the safari...it is still unbelievable that it had no wait at that time in the afternoon. But I guess bad comes with the good since I got stuck with weirdo seat hog guy :rotfl:

I fell while walking fast in one and carrying a bunch of stuff into school this past spring...right in front of everyone in the parent pick up line. I have a scar on my knee from it! I was hoping so hard that I wouldn't have the same thing happen at AK!!

I remember that story from your PTR. :laughing: That would've been awkward for it to happen twice I think you'd have to ban yourself from wearing maxi skirts if that happened.

I added some of the pictures back into an earlier post and I think I figured out the sizing issue...I saw mine when I posted them and was like WOAH!

It took me a minute too. Imgur let's you select like "large, medium, small" but the default one is huge if you don't change it.

Hellooooo!!

When I die, I think the epitaph on my gravestone will read, "I'm behind on everything - sorry."

I feel like a broken record, but once again, I'm behind on everything Disboards related!! I thought I'd have so much time on my hands with the kids off at their grandparents, but it seems like I can't get a grasp on anything, and I feel busier than ever! I have so many reports I'm trying to catch up on, and hopefully I can by the end of the week. I am missing my DisFriends and reading all about everyone's trips.

While I have a few minutes, I will get at least one update of my own finished...hopefully more than that, we'll see!

I hope you all had an awesome weekend and that Monday is treating you kindly so far!!

Chapter Four Part Four

Miracle Safari!!

That's what I'm going to call that trip through the wilds of Africa with NO WAIT from now on. Because there's really no other explanation for it, right?

I hopped off the truck when it pulled into the station, checked the time to see how long I had until dinner, and found a way to kill some more time.

The Pangani Forest Trail.

I don't have a ton of photos here, but there are a few...

Gorillas (and the inspiration for walking the trail...they were super active up there!)

and this sweet little bird in one of the aviaries

Zebras

and bougainvillea. I can't resist bougainvillea!!

I exited the trail and was suddenly overwhelmed by the crowds in Africa:

:rotfl: Just kidding!! Crowds were definitely NOT an issue.

I'd mentioned earlier that my main priority for the evening was my Rivers of Light dining package meal at Tiffins, so I began making my way toward the restaurant. When I arrived at the park (after miraculously not falling while rushing in a long skirt), I tried to go in via the marked passholder entrance of the park. They told me I couldn't because it was only being used for people with a cast member preview for Pandora. I told them they needed to change the arrow on the sign then, because it was pointing to their line. They said they wondered why people kept walking over to them.

Really?

Anyway, I was a little early for my Tiffins reservation, but once I got over there I saw...

the line for the CM preview for Pandora.

I was super sad about not making it to my AP Preview because of the Odyssey of the Mind competition. Drowning my sorrows and eating my feelings seemed like the way to deal with it :rotfl:

Oh, who am I kidding?? It was torture being there and seeing the entrance to Pandora SO CLOSE and not being able to go in!

It was hot outside in the sun, so I decided to wait inside in the air conditioning. There was a bench in the hallway between the check in desk and the lounge, so I sat there and tried to cool down while waiting for my buzzer to go off.

I feel like I was seated about ten minutes before my reservation time?? I'm not 100% certain.

I was brought to my table, and this was my view:

My waiter came over and he was SO AWKWARD. I was really afraid this meal was going to be a nightmare. I tried to prepare myself. Napkin in lap and smile on face.

If I was going to get through this, I needed a cocktail!! I was also trying to decide on my appetizer...the RoL package includes appetizer, entree, and dessert, so I was in for a huge meal!

The drink I chose was the Annapurna Zing, which is gin, passion fruit puree, lime juice, mint, and ginger beer. It was light and refreshing - perfect for dealing with the heat.

Here it is next to the complimentary bread service. I think pomegranate was involved somehow?? This is why I don't do dining reports!

Since I knew I was having such a big meal, I decided I could afford to be brave with my dining choices...I chose the octopus for my appetizer! The description from the menu: Marinated grilled octopus, salsify, saffron aioli, lemon caper olive oil. Unfortunately I took a bite before photographing, sorry!

this was deeeelicious. I mean, shockingly good. There were also olives and small yellow tomatoes on the plate. All of the flavors worked so well together, and the octopus was amazing. No weird rubbery texture or anything - it was cooked perfectly. I feel like I shoveled it into my mouth. This was the first real food I'd had to eat all day and I was starving.

I'd mentioned that my waiter was initially very awkward...well, that was improving! I was kind of joking around with him, and trying to break the ice a little, and he said it was his first time having a table on his own. He was in training! I told him that I would be such an easy table, and not to worry or be nervous. After that, things settled down and it wasn't awkward anymore. I was grateful for that, because I was having trouble deciding on my entree.

As soon as I booked this meal I decided I wanted the wagyu striploin and braised short rib. But, after seeing it on the dining report @ariane37 wrote, I got nervous about the doneness of the meat. I prefer my steak cooked medium, and it seemed a little red to me. I talked about it with the waiter, and he said that it would come out a little more red than a normal medium, but it would be worth it. I decided to go for it!

Oh. My. goodness.

I am so glad I went with my first instinct and ordered this dish. This was INCREDIBLE. From the menu: Rainbow carrots, roasted purple Peruvian potatoes, chimichurri.

Guys. The chimichurri was a revelation. It was INSANELY good with the beef. There was only one bite of it that was too red for my liking, the very center of the first medallion. Otherwise it was cooked to perfection. The short rib was like buttah. So tender and flavorful and...why do I not have this in front of me RIGHT NOW?? This dish put Tiffins on the must do list for future trips. I cannot wait to take DH here for a meal.

After my entree was served, I had another server come over to check on me. It was the woman training the guy who had been taking care of me so far. I assured her he was doing fine, and she thanked me and left.

Round two was inhaled and I found myself staring at the dessert menu. How would I end what was so far perfection?? With lime cheesecake!

Green tea sponge topped with light weight whipped lime "cheesecake", matcha crumb, and an almond-sesame tuile.

Those are compressed mango bits and mango puree on the plate.

I ate every single bite! It was the perfect end to the meal. Light and fluffy, all of the flavors worked perfectly together. That tuile cookie was amazing, I wish they sold them somewhere in the park!

The only problem with this meal is wondering how I'd ever order anything else on the menu. I can't imagine going and not getting the exact same thing.

My server came back with my check and my ticket thing for Rivers of Light:

He also brought something else I wasn't expecting...

Light up lotus popcorn bucket.

Um, cool, but what the heck was I supposed to do with this thing?? If you guessed, "carry it around awkwardly for the rest of the night while trying to keep the lid on", you'd be correct!!

Finale to this evening coming up as soon as I get it typed and posted!!

How's the picture size now, guys? Better? Still too big? I can go down another size or two if I need to, opinions welcome!!

Chapter Four Part Five

Perfect dinner complete, I decided to check the app quickly before leaving Tiffins. I found an immediate fast pass time for something and started making my way in that direction!

I was heading to...Asia! My fast pass was for Expedition Everest. On the way, I spied some lotus floats preparing for Rivers of Light.

It definitely got me excited for the show I would see later!

But lotus blossoms aside, it was time for another trip up the mountain to visit the Yeti. Asia was looking good this evening:

We had our first nighttime Animal Kingdom experience in December, and I was looking forward to another evening here. As beautiful as the park is after dark, there is something very special about this pre-sunset time when the lights are beginning to come on and the light from the sun is hitting everything just right...

Oh hey, another lotus!

I didn't really need that fastpass, the line for Everest was very short, but I had it so I used it anyway! My ride photo isn't awesome, so here's one on the way up the mountain with Pandora in the distance instead!

By "with Pandora in the distance" I mean, if you look at the top left you can kind of see the floating mountains,LOL!!

When the train returned to the station, I said see ya real soon to Everest

and made another fast pass with an immediate return time on the app. I was going back in time on Dinosaur! On my way over, I had an even better shot of those lotus floats I'd had glimpses of on the way to Asia.

How pretty!

I got to Dinoland USA and said hello to a couple of friends.

When I scanned my band to get onto the ride, the CM said, "Oh, it's your first visit! Are you having fun??" I said, "Um, it's not my first visit, I've been here several times!" She said, "Oh, that's weird! It has a note that it's your first visit."

I said I guess I could pretend it was my first time, and they laughed. When MIL was supposed to come with me, I had a note on our reservation that it was her first time...maybe that's why it said that when I scanned in?? But it was my AP, not her ticket?? I don't know!

I went back in time, rescued a dinosaur, didn't die in a meteor shower, etc...

The ride ended (it's so rough! How do I manage to forget that every time and continue to ride this ride?? It is NOT on the agenda for October unless my mom just feels it is necessary!) and I facetimed DH and the kids and killed a little time. Dinoland USA at night looks really cool, and I was glad I got to see it. We didn't make it to this part of the park when we were at AK for the evening in December.

After I got off the phone, I decided to go over and sit down for Rivers of Light. It was 45 minutes to showtime.

When I got to the theater, they were filling one whole side of the dining package area before letting anyone sit in the other half. Making us all scrunch in and fill in, say it with me now, "all available space!" We were crammed in pretty much like sardines.

I looked across the water at the other seating area:

It was a hot, crowded, uncomfortable wait. If I ever see this show again, I am going as early as possible to get a seat closer to the water and one of the stone ones with a back to it. The benches up where I was were back killers!

The crowd filled in, and the trees across the way were lighting up with animals running across them...that was a cool effect! The boats started coming out, and...oh look. A pole.

I was feeling bad feelings about this show and it hadn't even started!

Eventually, the lights were turned off and the show began...it was finally time for Rivers of Light!

Unfortunately, I watched most of it through the phone screen of the woman in front of me who alternated between photographing and recording the whole thing, so I didn't take a ton of pictures, but here are the ones I got:

Parts of the show were incredibly beautiful, and it fits in well with the theme of the park, but it was hot and crowded and uncomfortable...if I ever watch it again, it will be from the bridge between Nemo and Everest. They tape off an area for standing views. I'd grab a drink and stake it out early if shade was available. Otherwise, I'm glad I saw it once, but the seating in the theater is kind of nuts!!

I got up as soon as the show ended and made it out of the theater pretty easily. Once I got to the Tree of Life I stopped to watch Awakenings for awhile, and then eventually made my way out of the park. I got back to the resort, called DH, and then went to bed. I had to be up early the next morning.

Why??

I'll tell you later ;);)

Anyway, I was a little early for my Tiffins reservation, but once I got over there I saw...

the line for the CM preview for Pandora.

I was super sad about not making it to my AP Preview because of the Odyssey of the Mind competition. Drowning my sorrows and eating my feelings seemed like the way to deal with it :rotfl:

Oh, who am I kidding?? It was torture being there and seeing the entrance to Pandora SO CLOSE and not being able to go in!

It was hot outside in the sun, so I decided to wait inside in the air conditioning. There was a bench in the hallway between the check in desk and the lounge, so I sat there and tried to cool down while waiting for my buzzer to go off.

I feel like I was seated about ten minutes before my reservation time?? I'm not 100% certain.

I was brought to my table, and this was my view:

My waiter came over and he was SO AWKWARD. I was really afraid this meal was going to be a nightmare. I tried to prepare myself. Napkin in lap and smile on face.

If I was going to get through this, I needed a cocktail!! I was also trying to decide on my appetizer...the RoL package includes appetizer, entree, and dessert, so I was in for a huge meal!

The drink I chose was the Annapurna Zing, which is gin, passion fruit puree, lime juice, mint, and ginger beer. It was light and refreshing - perfect for dealing with the heat.

Here it is next to the complimentary bread service. I think pomegranate was involved somehow?? This is why I don't do dining reports!

Since I knew I was having such a big meal, I decided I could afford to be brave with my dining choices...I chose the octopus for my appetizer! The description from the menu: Marinated grilled octopus, salsify, saffron aioli, lemon caper olive oil. Unfortunately I took a bite before photographing, sorry!

this was deeeelicious. I mean, shockingly good. There were also olives and small yellow tomatoes on the plate. All of the flavors worked so well together, and the octopus was amazing. No weird rubbery texture or anything - it was cooked perfectly. I feel like I shoveled it into my mouth. This was the first real food I'd had to eat all day and I was starving.

I'd mentioned that my waiter was initially very awkward...well, that was improving! I was kind of joking around with him, and trying to break the ice a little, and he said it was his first time having a table on his own. He was in training! I told him that I would be such an easy table, and not to worry or be nervous. After that, things settled down and it wasn't awkward anymore. I was grateful for that, because I was having trouble deciding on my entree.

As soon as I booked this meal I decided I wanted the wagyu striploin and braised short rib. But, after seeing it on the dining report @ariane37 wrote, I got nervous about the doneness of the meat. I prefer my steak cooked medium, and it seemed a little red to me. I talked about it with the waiter, and he said that it would come out a little more red than a normal medium, but it would be worth it. I decided to go for it!

Oh. My. goodness.

I am so glad I went with my first instinct and ordered this dish. This was INCREDIBLE. From the menu: Rainbow carrots, roasted purple Peruvian potatoes, chimichurri.

Guys. The chimichurri was a revelation. It was INSANELY good with the beef. There was only one bite of it that was too red for my liking, the very center of the first medallion. Otherwise it was cooked to perfection. The short rib was like buttah. So tender and flavorful and...why do I not have this in front of me RIGHT NOW?? This dish put Tiffins on the must do list for future trips. I cannot wait to take DH here for a meal.

After my entree was served, I had another server come over to check on me. It was the woman training the guy who had been taking care of me so far. I assured her he was doing fine, and she thanked me and left.

Round two was inhaled and I found myself staring at the dessert menu. How would I end what was so far perfection?? With lime cheesecake!

Green tea sponge topped with light weight whipped lime "cheesecake", matcha crumb, and an almond-sesame tuile.

Those are compressed mango bits and mango puree on the plate.

I ate every single bite! It was the perfect end to the meal. Light and fluffy, all of the flavors worked perfectly together. That tuile cookie was amazing, I wish they sold them somewhere in the park!

The only problem with this meal is wondering how I'd ever order anything else on the menu. I can't imagine going and not getting the exact same thing.

My server came back with my check and my ticket thing for Rivers of Light:

He also brought something else I wasn't expecting...

Um, cool, but what the heck was I supposed to do with this thing?? If you guessed, "carry it around awkwardly for the rest of the night while trying to keep the lid on", you'd be correct!!

Finale to this evening coming up as soon as I get it typed and posted!!

OMG your Tiffins meal looks amazing! I have read so many wonderful things about this place. Glad it was equally delicious for you! I can't wait to try it in October with the RoL package.

After I got off the phone, I decided to go over and sit down for Rivers of Light. It was 45 minutes to showtime.

When I got to the theater, they were filling one whole side of the dining package area before letting anyone sit in the other half. Making us all scrunch in and fill in, say it with me now, "all available space!" We were crammed in pretty much like sardines.

I looked across the water at the other seating area:

It was a hot, crowded, uncomfortable wait. If I ever see this show again, I am going as early as possible to get a seat closer to the water and one of the stone ones with a back to it. The benches up where I was were back killers!

The crowd filled in, and the trees across the way were lighting up with animals running across them...that was a cool effect! The boats started coming out, and...oh look. A pole.

I was feeling bad feelings about this show and it hadn't even started!

Eventually, the lights were turned off and the show began...it was finally time for Rivers of Light!

Unfortunately, I watched most of it through the phone screen of the woman in front of me who alternated between photographing and recording the whole thing, so I didn't take a ton of pictures, but here are the ones I got:

Parts of the show were incredibly beautiful, and it fits in well with the theme of the park, but it was hot and crowded and uncomfortable...if I ever watch it again, it will be from the bridge between Nemo and Everest. They tape off an area for standing views. I'd grab a drink and stake it out early if shade was available. Otherwise, I'm glad I saw it once, but the seating in the theater is kind of nuts!!

I got up as soon as the show ended and made it out of the theater pretty easily. Once I got to the Tree of Life I stopped to watch Awakenings for awhile, and then eventually made my way out of the park. I got back to the resort, called DH, and then went to bed. I had to be up early the next morning.

Why??

I'll tell you later ;);)

Those wooden bleachers are horrible. I sat for over an hour with a FP+ back in March. I had to take an Aleeve when I got back to the resort because my back was so uncomfortable! I like your idea of having a drink in the shade on the bridge!

Your meal at Tiffins looks so good so many great reviews. We're looking forward to dining here in November. Did you get a print as well after your meal?
I don't think I'm brave enough to try the octopus :scared:

Best coping mechanism!

I'm so with you there. I could never remember enough about my dining experiences to write a report.

This was also the appetizer I got last time, and it was amazing!!!

Your whole dinner looked out of this world!

Awkward to carry, sure. But so cute!

Sorry ROL didn't do too much for you. I'm going in with tempered expectations, but I'm glad to know most people are saying it's really visually nice. I hate being sandwiched in with strangers though, so I could see how that would make for a much worse experience.

I am so excited to try Tiffins this August, your meal looks so good. We are doing the RoL dining package as well. The night time pictures look so awesome. I have to go back and read your earlier updates where the pictures disappeared I was waiting on the pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter