No New Balance in 2018?

That’s a shame. My family loves buying these shoes and wearing them in the parks. Was hoping Nike would team up with them

That’s a shame. My family loves buying these shoes and wearing them in the parks. Was hoping Nike would team up with them

It will have to be a shoe-only company since Champion has a multi-faceted apparel and sponsorship deal with Disney, Disney Sports, RunDisney and Wide World of Sports.

Nike (also adidas) won’t likely enter into a sponsorship deal where they can’t sell significant amounts of non-show merchandise.

Reebok is likely out for the same reason, and they also own title sponsor rights to another race series.

I’m still holding out hope something is announced the first couple days of the year. Maybe due to a new contract or something legal that prevents them from
releasing it this year.

I know it’s a long shot but I was hoping for a cool new shout for the 25th! I’d imagine something would have been included on the expo map though.:cool:

I was told at the NB booth at the Super Hero expo that this was it and they weren’t making new runDisney shoes. The shoes they had were BOGO 1/2 off.

I can't see Disney letting this licensing opportunity go. My hunch, and that is all it is, is that they have something lined up but they want to do both shoes and apparel so they have to wait until both the NB and Champion contracts run out.

Interestingly, or not at at all interesting depending on your preference, Champion and.....Brooks are owned by the same company. My preference would be for another apparal provider.

well considering there are no west coast races, that cuts down the number of people purchasing shoes at the expos down dramatically. I'm sure that is playing a role in the decision.

Am at the 25th anniversary marathon weekend now and was going to head over to the expo to find shoes, but has anyone been over there and know if there are any??
Won’t waste my time looking for them if they’re not available.
Thanks

Am at the 25th anniversary marathon weekend now and was going to head over to the expo to find shoes, but has anyone been over there and know if there are any??
Won’t waste my time looking for them if they’re not available.
Thanks
No shoes.

...that's a shame...

I'm still holding out hope that evenutually brooks partners up and does a Hermes themed shoe...with Paul Shaffer likeness

They'll probably make more money this way - reach a wider audience by having them available on the Disney website vs. only at the expos and Fit2Run.
True. I'll miss my runDisney shoes though. I won't be buying any Minnie Mouse shoes that is for sure ;)

It will have to be a shoe-only company since Champion has a multi-faceted apparel and sponsorship deal with Disney, Disney Sports, RunDisney and Wide World of Sports.

Nike (also adidas) won’t likely enter into a sponsorship deal where they can’t sell significant amounts of non-show merchandise.

Reebok is likely out for the same reason, and they also own title sponsor rights to another race series.
New Balance is far from only a shoe company.

Got my wife a pair. The 74.99 ones i really wanted but they didnt have her size. I guess Disney Ebay scavengers are at it again. At least i got to go wth option #2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter