No frills Fort Lauderdale hotel?

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
Looking for a pre-cruise place to stay for one night in Fort Lauderdale before boarding RC. Don't care about much other than clean, in a safe location, and not pricey. Free or cheap shuttle from airport and to cruise port would be great. Doesn't need to offer free breakfast, have a pool, or be on the beach.

Basically just need a bed :D

Any suggestions?

I have stayed around the area for both work and cruises. There are plenty of 'no frills" places, but if you want a shuttle that is going to limit the choices. If you are willing to do Lyft/Uber that will greatly increase your options and might also help with the price point. There is a Hilton Garden in that has a airport shuttle but a different cruise shuttle you might look into. It is the HGI - Airport/Cruise port in Dania, FL.

Just be careful, I have stayed all over including like 3 different Hampton Inn's in the area. One of those, I was woken at like 3am but some noise. Once I realized it was at my door and I finally got to the peep hole to look out there was nothing. My guess was someone had the wrong room and moved on. When I left in the morning and went out the door to find the bloody fingerprints I had to mention something to the desk staff. They said some drunk person got lost and did that but they thought they had cleaned it all up. They said they called the police and had the guest removed.

I have stayed around the area for both work and cruises. There are plenty of 'no frills" places, but if you want a shuttle that is going to limit the choices. If you are willing to do Lyft/Uber that will greatly increase your options and might also help with the price point. There is a Hilton Garden in that has a airport shuttle but a different cruise shuttle you might look into. It is the HGI - Airport/Cruise port in Dania, FL.

I'm not opposed to Uber but we will have a 3 year old and won't want to bring a car seat so I guess I feel safer in a shuttle bus or van than someone's Corolla :)

When I cruise out of Fort Lauderdale I stay at the Hyatt Place near the cruise terminal. I use a website called ValueTrips.

Site looks dodgy, but it's a popular on CC (and with cruisers), you can see the rates are pretty good, and most importantly, it works!

Hotel itself is very close to the terminal. Uber/taxi is your cheapest option to the terminal. There is breakfast included if you're a World of Hyatt member, but there are several food options within walking distance as well. There's also a Publix, Total Wine, TJ Maxx, Ross and DollarTree that will pretty much cover you for anything you've forgotten.

Rooms themselves are very big. You could probably have 8 people in a room if you wanted to.

1687105915884.png

This is rather the opposite of what you asked, but you should avoid the La Quinta on North Federal Highway (across from the Mercedes dealer).

I'm not one to complain about a hotel -- as long as it's clean, safe and reasonably priced. This hotel didn't meet my low standards: they told us they put us in one of their two recently renovated rooms; if that's so, the other rooms must be awful. The place was clean, but the solid surface material behind the tub was "bolted together" and the tub had stains where someone had dyed his or her hair. The dresser had water damage. The TV didn't work -- someone from the office came and messed with it, brought in a new cable, and it started working; but it cut off after about two hours, and we just went to sleep. We were right next to the workout room, and it was closed. The pool did look lovely.

Breakfast was okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter