"No Fly" list and boarding passes online

i like stitch

I do believe
I had posted earlier about the terrific SWA flight experience I had but forgot to mention something....

On the day of our flight right after 12 am, I checked-in online and printed "A" boarding passes for my family. The SWA site wouldn't allow me to do this for myself and a quick call to SWA said it was probably a glitch in their system. She said not to worry about not getting the "A" pass for myself because my family could save me a seat.

Imagine my surprise when I checked-in at the airport and my name was on a no-fly list! After I gave them my middle name and birthdate (which didn't match the individual in the system), I was given a "B" pass. (I was surprised they didn't ask for my ID for proof. I didn't have to show any ID until I went through security after I had my boarding pass.) She said I will never be able to check-in online as long as my name is in the system.

The B pass didn't hurt me as my family held my seat with no problems. However, if I fly alone in the future, I may think twice about flying SWA just because of the no-fly list.

Based on my experience, you will get double checked with every airline, not just SWA.. At least that's how it worked for me. With SWA, it never caused me to be seperated from my party. 0f course with boarding passes on other airlines, there's no problem except the small delay while they check. There is a procedure for filling out a questionnaire from the airline security agency that might eliminate some of the problems....I'll find out next month if that works!!:smooth:

There is a procedure for filling out a questionnaire from the airline security agency that might eliminate some of the problems....I'll find out next month if that works!!

Thanks for the tip! And good luck next month!::yes::

Is there some kind of centralized system where you can check to see if your name is on the "no fly" list ahead of time? I haven't flown since January, and want to be able to head off any potential hassles in advance.

It must be tough for folks with more common names. When we applied for our first mortgage, there was a fellow who used a name similar to mine as an alias who had gone bankrupt in FL. That was easily cleared up with my then 10 year record of employment with my employer. But I wonder what recourse I would have if prevented from flying bcs a name similar to mine was on the "no fly" list?

There is no way to determine if you are on the No fly list in advance.

Now that you know you can attempt to do something, but it probably won't help. Make sure you include your middle Initial on all future bookings to reduce the risk.

FWIW, I spoke with someone at TSA this evening. She recommended using my entire name (middle name included) when I book with the airline and that this should prevent problems. I have an uncommon middle name, so hopefully this will work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter