No Dining Plan Question

TheHannas

Mouseketeer
So second trip coming up to Disney. We opted not to do dining plan this time. We are going for just a few days. We are going to stay in the park for most of the day and do not want to do sit down meals. So mostly quick service with maybe one exception.. My question is paying for the meals, can i link a bank card to my account and just scan my magic band? Or am i needed to pull out my wallet all the time? Thanks in advance for the info!
I’m prob going to see what the plan would have cost me and just put that amount on a gift card and use that.. Just to see if i actually would come out ahead.. That’s if i cannot use my magic band like I want.

If you're staying onsite you can charge to the room using your magic band as long as you have that setup. You can also do mobile ordering through the app with a linked credit card.

So second trip coming up to Disney. We opted not to do dining plan this time. We are going for just a few days. We are going to stay in the park for most of the day and do not want to do sit down meals. So mostly quick service with maybe one exception.. My question is paying for the meals, can i link a bank card to my account and just scan my magic band? Or am i needed to pull out my wallet all the time? Thanks in advance for the info!
I’m prob going to see what the plan would have cost me and just put that amount on a gift card and use that.. Just to see if i actually would come out ahead.. That’s if i cannot use my magic band like I want.

If you are staying onsite, you can do that. They'll charge back to your room and then you can use your gift card to pay off those charges. You'll want to make sure you do that BEFORE they charge your credit card. I'd ask at the front desk when that time would be.

You can also use mobile ordering and charge a credit card directly, but then you can't use the gift card to pay it off as it will charge it at the time of purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts