No ADR for Chef Mickey's this a.m. Try anyway?

swissfamilytreehouse

Earning My Ears
My sister has a reservation for 9 this morning, 1055. She was unable to modify to 13--there are 4 of us. I also called and no go. She said we could show up early to request a table but there's no way of knowing.
What do you think? Any success for Chef Mickey's breakfast on standby?

That's a lot of people to add on to an already large party. I would be prepared for them to say no. Keep checking online to see if a reservation pops up.

The thing you need to realize is, if you can't modify a reservation, or make a reservation, it's because there isn't a reservation available.
That tells me, there's not likely to be one if I walk up either.
Will someone not show up? Maybe? Happens but much less often with the $10 no show fees. Mostly depends on how lucky you are.
Do you feel lucky this morning? Only you know the answer to that one

I would have tried touringplans or mouse dining ADR finder for the remaining people and hope to have found a time close to when the other group is arriving. Now it's too late. Everyone that was cancelling would have before they would get hit with the cancellation fee.

Folks can show up with less people in their party and not be penalized, so I would try.

If they can't seat you, you can go eat at the Contempo Cafe or head right over to the Magic Kingdom.
True but that would be 1 or 2 (or whatever) less at a given table, not an entire table open.
But, it doesn't ever hurt to try, if you feel like giving up the time to do it. Worse they can do is say no, and you waste time. Contempo Cafe is good. As is The Wave. You won't get the Characters but truth be told, you'll get food as good at Contempo and better at The Wave. The Wave can probably take a walk in

Yes, but if someone shows up with 5 instead of 6, they still use the same table as they would have with 6. The OP has a party of 9 booked, and wants to add 4 extra people. That's a lot harder logistically than adding 1 person to a 3 top, or even switching a 4 top to 6.

Curious to know what you ended up doing
Thanks everyone! I decided not to risk it so we made a last minute 1045 reservation for Cape May Cafe instead. My 2.5 y/o son had not met those characters yet - Minnie, Goofy & Donald - and he had a great time. He was laughing like crazy and Goofy came 3 times to see him. Plus, we loved the food! I want more Mickey waffles. It would have been nice to have had one last time with my sister before we departed for Naples, but nevertheless it was a wonderful experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter