Night of Joy and its Impact on Crowd Levels

stickeymouse

DIS Veteran
We will be there the same weekend as the Night of Joy event. Does it usually result in crowding in the parks? Are there any areas to avoid (besides WWS)? Thanks.

We were there last year during the Night of Joy festivities and noticed no true impact on the parks and therein the wait times! We actually will be there again this year during that event, which is a great indication as to how much it affects everything! Have fun!

Not really sure. I can't remember if this is the first year or 2nd that it has been moved to WWS. Tickets to the park are no longer included in the price of the event and are a $62 add on so many youth groups are not coming to the parks any more before or after. The park tickets last until September 30th as well so the crowds don't have to rush to use them during the event only.

We will be there the same weekend as the Night of Joy event. Does it usually result in crowding in the parks? Are there any areas to avoid (besides WWS)? Thanks.

I was there that weekend last year, which I think was the first year it was at WWOS and not MK. LOVE that time of year, FWIW. I didn't really think it had an impact on the overall crowd feel all that much at all. It used to be more impactful when it was at the MK and they closed the park early, but with it at WWOS it seems the crowds were pretty spread out. Maybe more groups of teens around if anything, but nothing notable IMO.

I would love to go again that weekend.

I was there that weekend last year, which I think was the first year it was at WWOS and not MK. LOVE that time of year, FWIW. I didn't really think it had an impact on the overall crowd feel all that much at all. It used to be more impactful when it was at the MK and they closed the park early, but with it at WWOS it seems the crowds were pretty spread out. Maybe more groups of teens around if anything, but nothing notable IMO.

I would love to go again that weekend.
Thanks! It seems to be a good time of year to go. I'm a little concerned about the heat, but as it's been around 95 degrees consistently in the Midwest these past few weeks, I should be used to it!

Thanks! It seems to be a good time of year to go. I'm a little concerned about the heat, but as it's been around 95 degrees consistently in the Midwest these past few weeks, I should be used to it!

LOL, yeah... it's HOT. We did MNSSHP that Sunday night last year and were MELTING in our costumes. It was one of those nights where there wasn't a cloud in the sky late afternoon/sunset and it just BAKED us. We hid on the People Mover and Carousel of Progress until the party started and the sun went down. :rotfl:

I'm not one to complain about the heat and I'm over-exaggerating a bit... but it was definitely warm!

Have fun!

We always go during September and have been there for the NOJ for years. It used to happen at Hollywood Studios and they closed early, much more impact when it was at the parks then it is now. Last year, noticed no difference, actually maybe a little less because people we ran into at the parks were making their way to the NOJ events. We are there again this year during that time too, hope you have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter