Nicole & Joey's Swan & Dolphin Wedding- October 2018

nicolej92

Mouseketeer
So, we have FINALLY decided on a Swan & Dolphin Wedding.

Our Proposal
We got engaged on December 19, 2014 on a Royal Caribbean cruise. My grandmother, who had passed away three years prior (and that my fiancé never met), collected Precious Moments for me growing up. He knew how close I was to her and how special she was, so he incorporated one of those into the proposal. It is something I will never forget.

Our Wedding
We actually had a full blown wedding planned at home for May 2017, and everything was booked and ready. Then, my fiancé got accepted into our state police academy (which we weren't really expecting to happen- most guys take 3+ tries to get in and this was his first). This meant that our lives would be changing drastically, and we had no idea what the future held and where he was getting stationed. We cancelled that wedding, and he ended up getting stationed across the state 4 hours away from home. Being in the middle of an MBA program, I couldn't go with him, so we are in a long distance engagement for 2017. He will be able to transfer closer to home at the beginning of 2018. When all of this was happening and after we cancelled our May 2017 wedding, we decided we wanted to have the absolute wedding of our dreams- Disney World. So, here we are at Swan and Dolphin.

Date
We are hoping for October 15, 2018 as the date of the wedding, although we won't be booking until his transfer has gone through later this year. We want to spend the week after celebrating with friends & family in Disney.

Honeymoon
Since my fiancé is in law enforcement, it will be impossible for him to get 2 straight weeks off of work, so we will be honeymooning in June 2019 in Hawaii (Aulani!).

Ceremony
We have chosen the "Tropical White Sand Beach" as our ceremony venue.

Reception
I have a HUGE family, and they will definitely all not make the trip to Disney. We are thinking of having a very low key reception (with Mickey & Minnie of course) at II Mulino for lunch without a DJ followed by a huge party at home for all of our extended family. This, however, is still very up in the air. I keep going back and forth with having a DJ at the reception.

Dessert Party
We want to have an Illuminations dessert party. We are huge fans of the traditional Wishes fireworks, but we do not care for Hallo or Holiday Wishes, which will be going on when we are there.

Disney just announced Wishes will be ending May 2017! Just thought you should know as that might affect the planning of your dessert party! Your wedding sounds lovely though, looking forward to following your journey!

Disney just announced Wishes will be ending May 2017! Just thought you should know as that might affect the planning of your dessert party! Your wedding sounds lovely though, looking forward to following your journey!
I saw this! Hopefully we can have a "Happily Ever After" dessert party instead. If not, hopefully they don't get rid of Illuminations before then!

Here are some of our awesome engagement photos by Randy Chapman. We love him and can't wait to use him for our wedding photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!