Nexus card instead of passport to activate the CDN ticket at DLR?

isabellea

Combining beach and Disney!
We are going to DLR in April and one of my ticket was ordered from Airmiles and was labeled as the CDN offer on the website. We are usually travelling with our Nexus cards instead of passports and I was wondering if that would work at the ticket booth or if we need to bring our passports? Anyone successfully tried it with their Nexus cards?

I had to show our passports in August. The CM specifically asked for passports. I’m not sure if she would have accepted anything else.

The requirements are to show "valid proof of Canadian residency that includes Government issued photo ID". The Nexus card does indicate your residency so you will be allowed to use it.

I think I will bring our passports on the trip but leave them in the safe and carry our Nexus cards. I can always argue they are accepted as a passport equivalent at the border so it doesn’t make sense if they refuse them at DLR! And I will carry photocopies of them as well.

The requirements are to show "valid proof of Canadian residency that includes Government issued photo ID". The Nexus card does indicate your residency so you will be allowed to use it.

Canadian passport doesn't indicate residency either and those are accepted.

The Nexus card is Government Issued Photo ID. @cdnSpinalTap is correct...it will be accepted. I've read about a few others who have used it for this purpose. I'm planning on using ours on our upcoming trip to DLR as well.

Canadian passport doesn't indicate residency either and those are accepted.

That's a great nuance that I did not even think about when I was typing that. So, according to their policy, neither the passport or the Nexus card would work, because both only show citizenship and not residency.....although we have heard of both being successful. Probably safest to bring something that shows residency like a drivers license.

My wife is a US citizen but has a Canadian permanent resident card. We had to show the permanent resident card last year to get her ticket.

That's a great nuance that I did not even think about when I was typing that. So, according to their policy, neither the passport or the Nexus card would work, because both only show citizenship and not residency.....although we have heard of both being successful. Probably safest to bring something that shows residency like a drivers license.

My wife is a US citizen but has a Canadian permanent resident card. We had to show the permanent resident card last year to get her ticket.

I actually misread your first post (I somehow put in a "not").

Your NEXUS card does NOT indicate your residency. I am not a Canadian resident and I have a NEXUS card (I am a Canadian citizen and only recently moved away, but I am not a Canadian resident).

I have both a Canadian passport (it is my only citizenship) and a NEXUS card - but am not a Canadian resident.

For interest - there used to be a rule that you had to have been a US or Canadian resident within the last three years to get a NEXUS card, but that is no longer the case. You do need to provide an address in Canada or the US at which you can received mail but that can be a family member/friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!