News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to get some side eye but I'm probably more excited about this coming attraction than any of the Disney ones. If speculation on this one is true, it's going to be soooooo good.

My excitement for this one is pretty contained since Dueling Dragons was easily one of their best rides and since the last Harry Potter ride is just the worst ride in a theme park. Hopefully it leans towards the impressiveness of the Forbidden Journey moreso.

My excitement for this one is pretty contained since Dueling Dragons was easily one of their best rides and since the last Harry Potter ride is just the worst ride in a theme park. Hopefully it leans towards the impressiveness of the Forbidden Journey moreso.
Gringotts is the worst ride in a theme park?

I have never been to UNI but I have never heard anyone say that.

I will say Universal PR takes a while to promote new things. Based on what has been said/rumored/seen this new coaster should really be something.

I will say Universal PR takes a while to promote new things. Based on what has been said/rumored/seen this new coaster should really be something.
Do we have an estimated opening date for this? They seem to be making pretty good progress.

That is awfu! I think Pandora at night is one of the most unique experiences at Disney. No line, no waiting, no show time. Just take it all in, walk around. It is so beautiful. The first time I saw it I was so impressed.
And while people are admiring the beautiful lighting, and are content to do so, they're not spending money on food and souvenirs. :earsboy:
IMO Disney prefers to not make changes unless there is money to be made or litigation is to be avoided.
Possibly there was an issue with safety, people were staying in the area too long and not making purchases, or the LED lighting is much cheaper than the black lights, projections, and filters needed to make it a thing of beauty. :confused3

Honestly I'm the only person I've heard say that also (I've talked to others that didn't like it at all) but I really did not like it for a multitude of reasons. The line was way more fun than the ride and I pretty much like all rides (it's one of only two rides I'll never go on again, and the other one injured me).
I am pretty intrigued by this one judging by some of the rumors, but I'll always miss Dueling Dragons. So to me, it really needs to deliver.

Honestly I'm the only person I've heard say that also (I've talked to others that didn't like it at all) but I really did not like it for a multitude of reasons. The line was way more fun than the ride and I pretty much like all rides (it's one of only two rides I'll never go on again, and the other one injured me).
I am pretty intrigued by this one judging by some of the rumors, but I'll always miss Dueling Dragons. So to me, it really needs to deliver.
For me Dueling Dragons was never the same once they stopped dueling them. The coasters were good by themselves, but I can ride regular coasters like that anywhere. The dueling was what made them special to me. So if they weren't going to have them duel again, I'm totally ok with them being replaced. Especially with something that looks like it's going to be pretty cool.

I like gringott's but agree it's nowhere near forbidden journey.

For me, I've watched some of the YouTube videos where someone has made educated guesses about this new ride by looking at the track and the potential ride vehicles... And if they're right it's going to be fantastic.

Micky (my guy) just started watching this show. He's binge watching at the moment - he has an out of sequence list of episodes that supposedly is the order he is supposed to watch them? He explained why, I fell asleep during the explanation.

He then explained that we are going to have to get the Disney streaming service when available. I did not argue. :)

I told my husband about this and he goes, we are getting that streaming service, right? I was contemplating it, but I guess now we have to

I believe they want it open before Star Wars to try and beat Disney to the punch so to speak. Summer 2019?

Hmmm...if it's open by June 2019, we might make a stop at IOA on our next trip...I've been debating about whether to do Universal or not, and this might tip it in favor.

I'm going to get some side eye but I'm probably more excited about this coming attraction than any of the Disney ones. If speculation on this one is true, it's going to be soooooo good.

Not sure if you have seen but on youtube there are computer generated videos fans have made using coaster gaming technology of what it could look like. Definitely has the potential to be really cool and a great addition

Not sure I can say I am more excited about that than Gauradians or Galaxy's Edge but probably next after that

I’m so excited for the Clone Wars revival and think many others are. I was already planning on purchasing a subscription but I definitely think this sold many others
For sure!

After so much bad press for Star Wars lately this is amazing news! I am shocked that Disney would essentially revive and let a creator FINISH a cancelled show that is about the period of Star Wars history they seemingly want to forget.

While they are cartoons, these shows are amazing and makes the prequels seems so much better since they were able to take all that source material and make some great characters and storylines.

NEWS

Restaurantosaurus Lounge coming this weekend:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...-to-dinoland-u-s-a-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

I know Dinoland is not a favorite of many but I am glad to see they are trying to "plus" it a bit with the Donald stuff (with new character meets) and the updated menu and now this lounge

That's intriguing. I'm a sucker for a good lounge, so I'll be interested to see what the drink offerings are. It would have to be great to tear me away from the Nomad, though.

I like gringott's but agree it's nowhere near forbidden journey.

For me, I've watched some of the YouTube videos where someone has made educated guesses about this new ride by looking at the track and the potential ride vehicles... And if they're right it's going to be fantastic.

And I'm one of those people who thinks the line for Forbidden Journey is far more impressive than the ride since it gives me a blistering headache. Also the story makes no sense but I won't get into that here. I do really enjoy Gringotts because it feels more like a coaster but with screen ride elements. My one complaint is that it is a bit short for the wait and it often breaks down when I'm in line for it.

I was talking to a Minnie Van driver who told me that trips to and from Port Canaveral will be starting very soon and will be similar to the airport runs where you organize the trip at your hotel front desk or on board the cruise.
Yep the Port Canaveral trips have been in the works for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter