News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several people are reporting on this thread that they were able to purchase tickets for some dates with an AP discount:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ty-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-36

thanks for sharing this - and I asked in the thread specifically there if one is able to purchase at the AP discounted rate even if your AP isn't activated yet and someone confirmed that they were able to - you will just need to show your AP when you pick up the tickets at will call

I had purchased an AP before the price increase happened but wasn't planning to activate it until August, so I was glad to see this

I believe you can get into MK at 4:00 for the Halloween Party. At least we were able to last August.

This is second-hand info from another thread here, but someone reported being told no entrance until 6:00 for all parties this year.
(I actually think it was on the paid parking thread from a lady who spent 2.5 hours(!) on the phone with the “call-back” CM.)

I believe you can get into MK at 4:00 for the Halloween Party. At least we were able to last August.

Yes I know - but 4 PM in the theme parks in August - especially when the day guests and the night guests overlap seems like death to me. We are targeting 6 PM arrival as they are herding out the day guests.

This is second-hand info from another thread here, but someone reported being told no entrance until 6:00 for all parties this year.
(I actually think it was on the paid parking thread from a lady who spent 2.5 hours(!) on the phone with the “call-back” CM.)
There were rumblings last year that would happen this year. The rumors on last year's thread was that there would be no way to obtain FP with just a party ticket as many of us could last year (but many had FP cancelled as well).

Less for more - per Disney standard policy.

Oof that sounds like a nightmare.

Less for more - per Disney standard policy.
Sort of. But this is more of a zero sum thing. The sooner the party guests get in, the less "Disney" the regular ticket holders get. I see this as Disney realizing that people were thinking of only buying party tickets because you got so much time in the parks, so now they cut that time short to try and keep their 2 tickets per day model... It just happens to be a small side benefit to the regular ticket folks who had been getting shafted for years.

Sort of. But this is more of a zero sum thing. The sooner the party guests get in, the less "Disney" the regular ticket holders get. I see this as Disney realizing that people were thinking of only buying party tickets because you got so much time in the parks, so now they cut that time short to try and keep their 2 tickets per day model... It just happens to be a small side benefit to the regular ticket folks who had been getting shafted for years.

That's still shafting regular guests unless the tickets for that day start costing less.

That is what I am hoping for (and the one I am targeting is on a Tuesday). Now I have to figure out if I can even get the AP discounts as I have purchased my AP but haven't activated it yet as I want to wait until we are there in August to get the most use out of it

I see you found the answer but I wanted to mention you can get the ap discount on the app parks app. I did what you did and won't activate til Nov but was curious about the shop app so I tried it. Added the discount when I added something to the cart.

That's still shafting regular guests unless the tickets for that day start costing less.
Yes. It's a zero sum game. Moving it from 4 to 6 is better for the regular ticket holders but not as good as days when there is no party. Similarly, moving it from 4 to 6 is worse for party ticket holders. The whole concept of a 2 ticket day irritates the living crud out of me. But, having done MVMCP once, I'll never do it again. So any limits to the party that benefit the regular tickets make me mildly happier, though still annoyed at the whole concept.

Yes. It's a zero sum game. Moving it from 4 to 6 is better for the regular ticket holders but not as good as days when there is no party. Similarly, moving it from 4 to 6 is worse for party ticket holders. The whole concept of a 2 ticket day irritates the living crud out of me. But, having done MVMCP once, I'll never do it again. So any limits to the party that benefit the regular tickets make me mildly happier, though still annoyed at the whole concept.

I'm 100% with you - it messes with both the people that pay for day tickets and have to leave at 6 PM, and the people that are paying $100+ for an event that got them in for 8 hours and now only gets them in for 6. As I said - more for less. And yet they will still sell out.

I thought it would be busier but animal kingdom is very manageable. Probably about a 6 maybe a 7 at tops.
Wait what is that 6 or 7 based on:
  • 2000 crowd levels
  • 2012 crowd levels
  • 2015 crowd levels
  • today's expectations as compared to say Christmas week 3 months ago
  • the EasyWDW model
  • the Touring Plans model
  • the Kenny the Pirate model
  • the Undercover Tourist model
  • What your grandma/aunt/other relative said a 6 "feels" like
  • I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT YOU SAY MODEL...EVERYDAY IS A CROWD LEVEL 11 SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH :D

Last edited:
Wait what is that 6 or 7 based on:
  • 100 crowd levels
  • 2012 crowd levels
  • 2015 crowd levels
  • today's expectations as compared to say Christmas week 3 months ago
  • the EasyWDW model
  • the Touring Plans model
  • the Kenny the Pirate model
  • the Undercover Tourist model
  • What your grandma/aunt/other relative said a 6 "feels" like
  • I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT YOU SAY MODEL...EVERYDAY IS A CROWD LEVEL 11 SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH
The rteetz model ;)

RE: entering at 6pm vs. 4pm... have we considered yet the source of this info. This is a phone CM which is 1 notch higher than bus driver on the reputation scale. I mean it could be true but one random report on the DIS from a phone call...not sure I'm believing any change yet.

I'm 100% with you - it messes with both the people that pay for day tickets and have to leave at 6 PM, and the people that are paying $100+ for an event that got them in for 8 hours and now only gets them in for 6. As I said - more for less. And yet they will still sell out.

Also would be easier if it was more of a clean cut - so if everyone of the day guests was out of the park at 6 so it was just the party guests at that point - but it takes time to cycle out, etc. so some overlap is going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!