News Round Up 2017

I wonder if Disney could incorporate something like this into the all inclusive 360 Star Wars resort that is coming to DHS. Imagine something like this but with light sabers.

I seem to recall there being chatter about a new patten filed for more realistic light sabers ... also recall "light saber training" being mentioned as an activity in the hotel so I think likely there is "something"

Interesting. Several people that I spoke to have either already seen it multiple times, have said they need to see it again, or are simply saying that it is spectacular. Also hearing that there are several truly shocking moments. I can't wait to see this!

After one viewing I would say for me it's for sure top 3 after Empire and New Hope. Possibly even one or two, but I need another viewing without the emotion of opening night to say for sure.

There are also a lot of haters on the Internet. Pretty sure most of them would have been impossible to please.

After one viewing I would say for me it's for sure top 3 after Empire and New Hope. Possibly even one or two, but I need another viewing without the emotion of opening night to say for sure.

There are also a lot of haters on the Internet. Pretty sure most of them would have been impossible to please.

It is so funny how so many people I have talked to or read about that have seen this all seem to say the same thing - I need to see it one more time! I hope I have a similar need.

What's D-BOX? :confused3

My apologies - I did not realize these might only be in Canada! http://www.d-box.com/ is their website. Basically a few rows in the biggest 3D theatre at our usual theatre has these special chairs. They move along with the movie and I guess I would liken the motion to a tame version of Star Tours! There is also extra sound in that area. As you can imagine, lightsaber fights, ships flying through space, etc. causes your chair to move around in really neat ways that adds a lot to the movie theatre viewing!

My apologies - I did not realize these might only be in Canada! http://www.d-box.com/ is their website. Basically a few rows in the biggest 3D theatre at our usual theatre has these special chairs. They move along with the movie and I guess I would liken the motion to a tame version of Star Tours! There is also extra sound in that area. As you can imagine, lightsaber fights, ships flying through space, etc. causes your chair to move around in really neat ways that adds a lot to the movie theatre viewing!
We have D-box is some US theatres. Cinemark has it in some of their theatres.

Interesting never heard of that. We don’t have anything like that in our area.

Thanks for sharing - I am not aware of anything like that in our area.. we have IMAX and stuff but nothing with moving chairs

Was just at AK and the parking lot reached capacity. The place is hard to move around in. I’ve been here at least 50 times and this is the worst I’ve seen the crowds.

We have D-box is some US theatres. Cinemark has it in some of their theatres.

We saw I think the first Avengers movie in D-BOX. It was cool I guess but the seat shakes every time someone hit someone else, and in the Avengers, this was a LOT. The only D-Box theater in this area is actually a good 35-40 minutes away, and there are at least 5 theater chains closer to us than that - so I can't say we've rushed back, but it's mostly because of the distance to me just isn't worth it.

Watched one of the Potters at D-BOX Mall of America, eh never went back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!