News Round Up 2017

Not seeing that great of fan support for The Last Jedi. I just saw a Rotten Tomatoes score of 58% (critics were at 93%). That is...not what I expected I suppose.
It seems to match what a lot of people have been thinking on here. It's getting a lot of mixed reviews.

I left the movie thinking that I need to see it again before I can make any judgement for myself.

Not seeing that great of fan support for The Last Jedi. I just saw a Rotten Tomatoes score of 58% (critics were at 93%). That is...not what I expected I suppose.

Based on the separate thread on this board that seems to match. Some people absolutely loved it and some are calling it worse than the prequels

I am closer to the first camp but definitely not a perfect film (especially in the first part)

I am sure some people just didn't like it but for others I think it is because it didn't match what they wanted to happen so they left disappointed- and rather than rating what we got they are rating it compared to what they have laid out in their head

Based on the separate thread on this board that seems to match. Some people absolutely loved it and some are calling it worse than the prequels

I am closer to the first camp but definitely not a perfect film (especially in the first part)

I am sure some people just didn't like it but for others I think it is because it didn't match what they wanted to happen so they left disappointed- and rather than rating what we got they are rating it compared to what they have laid out in their head

Just interesting to me that the man Disney is entrusting to act as the architect for the next new, big, non-Skywalker trilogy has made a movie that is seeing this type of mixed review. Kathleen Kennedy and others in Disney clearly loved. Had Disney itself produced mixed reviews for this movie, I doubt that type of commitment would have been handed out as quickly as it was. The box office will tell all though. And it is the middle movie of the trilogy which is the hardest to make (Peter Jackson even made that comment when making the Two Towers).

Just interesting to me that the man Disney is entrusting to act as the architect for the next new, big, non-Skywalker trilogy has made a movie that is seeing this type of mixed review. Kathleen Kennedy and others in Disney clearly loved. Had Disney itself produced mixed reviews for this movie, I doubt that type of commitment would have been handed out as quickly as it was. The box office will tell all though. And it is the middle movie of the trilogy which is the hardest to make (Peter Jackson even made that comment when making the Two Towers).
I can appreciate that he took some risks with this movie. It didn’t match expectations I had laid out before hand, but that’s ok to me. I’d rather be surprised then have the entire plot figured out and validated throughout the movie

I can appreciate that he took some risks with this movie. It didn’t match expectations I had laid out before hand, but that’s ok to me. I’d rather be surprised then have the entire plot figured out and validated throughout the movie

Oh I love that I have successfully avoided spoilers and am going in blind today to see this. I would also rather know nothing and be surprised. I am betting that if this does have unexpected turns that I will love it.

Just interesting in that the fan reactions thus far are kind of mirroring that Rotten Tomatoes score of around 60%. I remember when many of my friends and coworkers saw Rogue One and The Force Awakens, most reactions were way more immediately positive. The people in my sphere thus far that have seen it have reacted with 'it was good', but it always seems to be followed by a 'but...' Who knows though. That could end up being a good thing.

Oh I love that I have successfully avoided spoilers and am going in blind today to see this. I would also rather know nothing and be surprised. I am betting that if this does have unexpected turns that I will love it.

Just interesting in that the fan reactions thus far are kind of mirroring that Rotten Tomatoes score of around 60%. I remember when many of my friends and coworkers saw Rogue One and The Force Awakens, most reactions were way more immediately positive. The people in my sphere thus far that have seen it have reacted with 'it was good', but it always seems to be followed by a 'but...' Who knows though. That could end up being a good thing.
I think having chatter and questions after a movie isn’t inherently bad, but I really hope it overall is received well. I want Hollywood to be rewarded for taking risks, because otherwise we get the lion king live action and frozen 10 instead of branching out with new ideas (a reason I’m glad coco has been received pretty well)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter