News Round Up 2017

That’s hard. I need to see it again. It’s better than Force Awakens for me. I’m thinking it’s in the top 5 for sure.

Interesting. Several people that I spoke to have either already seen it multiple times, have said they need to see it again, or are simply saying that it is spectacular. Also hearing that there are several truly shocking moments. I can't wait to see this!

Interesting. Several people that I spoke to have either already seen it multiple times, have said they need to see it again, or are simply saying that it is spectacular. Also hearing that there are several truly shocking moments. I can't wait to see this!
I really liked it for sure but to see where it ranks I do need to see it again.

then there are a few counter people who are saying it is terrible

:confused3 what can ya do

So not the happiest of memories but on this date in 1966 Walt Disney passed away ... thank goodness his brother Roy was able to carry the company for a while

View attachment 288728

That picture reminds me of the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco (if you haven't been it's awesome!). At the end they have covers of magazines, newspapers and such that have characters crying and paying their respects to Walt when he died. One of the more moving aspects that show you how many lives he really touched.

Yeah I’m not understanding how it’s terrible but that’s just me. Sure there are always things that aren’t necessary but that happens in every movie when you pick it apart.

I also think what happens is people know how they want the story to go and when it doesn't go the way they want then they don't like it. So rather than evaluating what the movie is, they evaluate what it isn't

#DeepThoughtOfTheDay

Did anyone actually watch the video? Not really the same news at all - there's quite a bit of detail in that video.

California Screamin' is the best coaster in a US Disney Park hands-down, so putting these Incredibles theme elements to it will hopefully only plus an already awesome ride.

(Oh, and you get a small peak at the Disney DISH in that video!)

I also think what happens is people know how they want the story to go and when it doesn't go the way they want then they don't like it. So rather than evaluating what the movie is, they evaluate what it isn't

#DeepThoughtOfTheDay
Definitely. I wanted one thing to happen that didn’t but I’m still pleased with the movie.

Did anyone actually watch the video? Not really the same news at all - there's quite a bit of detail in that video.

California Screamin' is the best coaster in a US Disney Park hands-down, so putting these Incredibles theme elements to it will hopefully only plus an already awesome ride.

(Oh, and you get a small peak at the Disney DISH in that video!)
Yes but two days in a row about Pixar Pier is not exactly great.

#DeepThoughtOfTheDay

I haven't seen it (Tickets for Sunday at 4:30 PM so trying hard to be spolier-free.) but @TheMaxRebo this is a great comment. I am really going in with very few expectations except that I expect it to be really good, and that's more thanks to Rian Johnson. The dude hasn't made nearly enough movies, but Brick, Brothers Bloom and Looper - DAMN.

I was talking to someone today about being a kid and going to the theater and seeing a TRAILER for Empire Strikes Back in front of Pinocchio when I was probably 8 or 9. And trying to explain how at that time you had really no idea that a movie was coming along at some point, and to go to the theater and see MORE STAR WARS was coming when all we had was the first movie - and then suddenly there were these shots of Hoth and Dagobah and this green creature and Vader vs Luke - and it was like WHAT IS THIS!!!! I guess now you sort of get that feeling when you watch the trailer for a new movie, but not the same when you are totally not expecting to see something just blow your mind.

I haven't seen it (Tickets for Sunday at 4:30 PM so trying hard to be spolier-free.) but @TheMaxRebo this is a great comment. I am really going in with very few expectations except that I expect it to be really good, and that's more thanks to Rian Johnson. The dude hasn't made nearly enough movies, but Brick, Brothers Bloom and Looper - DAMN.

I was talking to someone today about being a kid and going to the theater and seeing a TRAILER for Empire Strikes Back in front of Pinocchio when I was probably 8 or 9. And trying to explain how at that time you had really no idea that a movie was coming along at some point, and to go to the theater and see MORE STAR WARS was coming when all we had was the first movie - and then suddenly there were these shots of Hoth and Dagobah and this green creature and Vader vs Luke - and it was like WHAT IS THIS!!!! I guess now you sort of get that feeling when you watch the trailer for a new movie, but not the same when you are totally not expecting to see something just blow your mind.

I miss the ignorant bliss that so easily permeated the collective zeitgeist prior to the advent of social media. When the phrase "I am your father" reverberated throughout the theater, it was like getting hit with a brick in the face. Those wow moments are hard to come by in big tentpole franchise movies anymore because of word-of-mouth. Sometimes spoilers are impossible to ignore when idiots are creating new Twitter handles with spoilers in them.

I have, however, successfully avoided any and all spoilers for this one. Here's hoping for another brick in the face moment.

Has anyone checked to see if Olaf's Frozen Adventure is available on demand through comcast et al. if you have ABC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!