News Round Up 2017

I want to thank our Moderator Extraordinare , @rteetz !

Also for your Contributions to the DIS as a Writer! :thumbsup2

Oh, you and all the awesome DIS Marathon Runners:thumbsup2

I wanted to be a Marathoner as I was a lettered Cross Country Runner and long Distance Track Runner in college (set records)

Did you watch the Packers/Vikes Game last Sunday?!

Thanx again for taking on all us Pesky DIS ers, @rteetz :cheer2:

One of the other site has a discussion going that Tomorrowland CM are saying CoP is closing. I know this is another rumor that comes up every couple years. Has anyone over here heard anything lately? It started with one of their regulars so I don't think it is a troll.
I would say no. Last I heard it was getting an update in time for the 50th anniversary.

I want to thank our Moderator Extraordinare , @rteetz !

Also for your Contributions to the DIS as a Writer! :thumbsup2

Oh, you and all the awesome DIS Marathon Runners:thumbsup2

I wanted to be a Marathoner as I was a lettered Cross Country Runner and long Distance Track Runner in college (set records)

Did you watch the Packers/Vikes Game last Sunday?!

Thanx again for taking on all us Pesky DIS ers, @rteetz :cheer2:

Well thank you for the kind words!

Let’s not talk about that packers game last week or today’s ;)

Congrats to @rteetz on convincing people he's actually a nice, hardworking guy when we all know he is really a jerk

J/k ;)

I’ll remember that Phil ;)

imho, Carousel of Progress is still a futuristic show; making the past come alive through talking robots! I mean, we're deep into the robotics revolution and I still don't have talking robots anywhere in my life (outside wdw). :(

plus I can't imagine a better break form the heat. :D 20 minutes, comfy seats, good song, jokes, etc. maybe if they served ice cream?

still one of my family's favs. :D

Keeping historical stuff for Walt's legacy is fine, but it doesn't fit in Tomorrowland, even as watered down as it is. It just doesn't work very well the way it is now, with a scene in 1905, then one in 1925, then 1945, then today. They need to majorly revamp it so the scenes are further apart in years, or totally change it so it looks forward.
People have brought up the timeline before. The attraction wasn't so bad when it opened as far as timeline issues but it's an unfortunate side effective of just...time.

But time is what has made it so well loved. It's never going to be perfect. Hopefully if the refurb happens for the 50th that they keep the integrity of the ride. That's its charm. To be able to look back at how far we have come and what we can easily take for granted today as well as looking to the future. The last scene will probably be hard for a while because of how quickly things keep changing and that will end up becoming more of widened timeline as time goes on but I for one am one that hopes it's just the last scene that gets updated. All just opinions of course :)

So another perk of staying on property gone...
The article says: "We expect every hotel in the Disney Springs Resort Area on Hotel Plaza Boulevard to be included, but there should also be additional Good Neighbor Hotels on the list when announced by Disney."

So at least right now it's not a blanket off-site get the same benefit but rather specific hotels in certain areas. I do vaguely remember reading from some random post what dlavender is saying and so perhaps this is what is going on.

I don't really get this move. The perks for staying on site should be going up as the cost goes up. I'd definitely be looking offsite if I was a hotel person as the FP bonus goes away and EMH's shrink.

Attendance, and attendance projections, must really suck if they are making this move. They can't lower prices because they never have, so they are going to try and lower the cost of attendance by shifting people from their own resorts to offsite? Then they can lower their expense at the resorts, fewer housekeepers and what not, and hopefully drive attendance at the parks, the real moneymaker, back up?

Financially I can see the point, but I think they would have had better luck doing what car companies do... keep the sticker prices high but offer everyone but the real luxury buyers more discounts. That could have bred loyalty to the resorts and given them control over pricing while still offering the perks. Maybe it costs you more in staff at the hotels, but it pays off long-term, which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to be a Disney train of thought these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter