News Round Up 2017

None of us drive! We don't need to here, (and DH is too ill now anyway) Plus, although I do have a license, I would be terrified coming from UK to drive in Orlando, around WDW! It's been almost 10 years since I last drove at all, and 20 since I drove in USA, and that was on rural routes. I would be a danger to my family and others trying to navigate the roads around WDW!

Oops - sorry! :headache: I guess I take it for granted that everyone drives... I just can't see Disney offering the Minnie Van service for a flat fee, though.

Oops - sorry! :headache: I guess I take it for granted that everyone drives... I just can't see Disney offering the Minnie Van service for a flat fee, though.

In concert t it sounds like a great idea but I think you are right that either they would have to make it prohibitively expensive or, if it was a reasonable amount, so many people would sign up that they wouldn't have the supply for the demand

I wonder if you could see them being included with some VIP experiences. Like, an upgraded version of a dessert party comes with an included MinnieVan ride post event

You are almost certainly right, but, it might be nice if they could maybe sell a kind of Minnie Van Carnet, so you buy x journeys with a discount based on how many you advance pay?
It won't help us, since our last trip is in December, but, it might work?

Then why not rent a car? IF Disney were to provide this service, it would surely be more than the cost of renting a car, because otherwise EVERYONE will want to use it, and then you're back to waiting on Disney transportation...
If this is anywhere near affordable, or even a possible add on, (and I sincerely doubt either will ever happen, but one can hope...), I would rather do it, than rent a car because I don't want to deal with traffic, parking, etc.

Maybe as an uber and app replacement?

Anyway, these were in the MK lot last month, not sure if they were to be painted and part or the plan though.

View attachment 262031

Must be a different project. There were way more than in that pic.

Just weird S Pete mentioned a stock in front of the parks, triggered my memory of the pic.

On our late June/early July trip, we saw a huge fleet of what appeared to be Kia SUVs. I'm not a car guy, and I didn't take a picture, but if memory serves they were Kias.

EIDT: I'm not saying the cars in your picture are Kias, just saying that I saw what must have been a completely different fleet. They were darker color SUVs, all in a line. Can't remember exactly where on property it was. Perhaps near a construction area, to be used by the construction people, if that's a thing?

Please be forever, please be forever, please be forever...with an announcement of something amazing taking its place. Or Alien Encounter being resurrected.

A while back there were rumors of something Wreck-it-Ralph themed going there ... but that was well before D23 and I don't think there has been any mention since

Please be forever, please be forever, please be forever...with an announcement of something amazing taking its place. Or Alien Encounter being resurrected.

Here's the thing, I hate when they close things and don't replace them. We have no announcement of a replacement, therefore this is just a closure to save Disney money. Now, of all the attractions in all the parks, this is certainly one I would mourn very little, however it is still an attraction we are paying for with the ever-rising ticket costs, that is being shut down with no announced plan to rebuild the space.

Closing Stitch is not the answer. Closing and replacing it is. I hate when Disney does this, even with a crappy attraction.

Here's the thing, I hate when they close things and don't replace them. We have no announcement of a replacement, therefore this is just a closure to save Disney money. Now, of all the attractions in all the parks, this is certainly one I would mourn very little, however it is still an attraction we are paying for with the ever-rising ticket costs, that is being shut down with no announced plan to rebuild the space.

Closing Stitch is not the answer. Closing and replacing it is. I hate when Disney does this, even with a crappy attraction.

In theory I agree, in practice however I am not going to be going on the ride whether it is open or not so to me it is a waste of space either way. Also given that every time I have been there and it has actually been open the wait time has been a walk on 5 or 10 minutes which means it isn't eating people and making my wait elsewhere decreased either.

Personally I would rather see them close it for good even if they don't have something lined up just yet for the very simple reason that I think they would put more effort to find something to put in that location if they didn't have "we can just open up stitch again" to fall back on.

There's a rumor floating around that Universal announcing the farewell tour of "Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure" might be related to the Fear Factor show building being torn apart for a new Harry Potter attraction (possibly Ministry of Magic).

In theory I agree, in practice however I am not going to be going on the ride whether it is open or not so to me it is a waste of space either way. Also given that every time I have been there and it has actually been open the wait time has been a walk on 5 or 10 minutes which means it isn't eating people and making my wait elsewhere decreased either.

Personally I would rather see them close it for good even if they don't have something lined up just yet for the very simple reason that I think they would put more effort to find something to put in that location if they didn't have "we can just open up stitch again" to fall back on.

On the flip side, 1 person locked down in Stitch is 1 person off the street.

Sound's like a campaign slogan.

I'll say though, and maybe they are one off type things, but on vlogs Stitch did have 30+ waits at times and this was since they made the attraction seasonal. But I haven't been paying enough attention to MDE to track that sort of thing. It's just what I've seen in vlogs every now and then.

I'll say though, and maybe they are one off type things, but on vlogs Stitch did have 30+ waits at times and this was since they made the attraction seasonal. But I haven't been paying enough attention to MDE to track that sort of thing. It's just what I've seen in vlogs every now and then.
I'm going to group people willing to wait 30 minutes for Stitch with the masochists...

I'm going to group people willing to wait 30 minutes for Stitch with the masochists...
:lmao:

Well you gotta try it once right? :laughing:

Even I did it....once...but alas I remember how Alien Encounter was like and even though it scared me as a kid it is leagues above Stitch..but of course that's just my opinion I do know some like the attraction as it currently is.

I believe that it was announced some time ago that Stitch would be a seasonal ride based on park demand. I believe this closing is just in keeping with that approach and has no further meaning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!