Newbie!

Liz.nicole90

Earning My Ears
Hello!
So I decided to join the forum, as in December my family and I will be adventuring in Disney World for the very first time. I will be graduating from Appalachian State University on December 16th, and we will be celebrating with the Mouse from the 17th to the 22nd! My best friend is a cast member right now, so I am beyond excited to see her too! This trip is very special to us, because it isn't just our first trip to Disney, and it won't just be about my graduation, but my sister will also be celebrating a birthday while we are there!

I am probably going to be reading as much as I can from this site. It is a bit overwhelming wandering around the internet looking for advice on my own! I have made all the dinner reservations for every night thus far, but there is one restaurant that I desperately want but it is (alas) booked...

Be Our Guest.

I've been told not to give up! I should keep checking, especially in the days leading up to our vacation.

Anyway, I am so excited to meet all of you on the forum and learn inside tips/secrets that may make our special vacation that much more magical!

*hugs*

Elizabeth

FastPass+ reservations open at 7:00 a.m. every morning. During that time, dining reservations start moving, presumably because people will move their reservations to accommodate fastpasses or just to finalize their plans while they are already the Disney website. I recommend checking every morning between 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. I think there are common times around lunch and evening to see movement, but the only time I've been able to notice the movement was between 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Mind you, someone can cancel at any time, but you can drive yourself crazy with obsessively refreshing your browser.

Also, if you do not get a BOG reservation before your trip, don't lose heart. Try call the day before you want to go. Since there is a 24 hr cancellation fee, you will often see people hang onto a reservation until the day before.

Welcome! And don't give up on BoG. Things are always opening up. Read up on the Restaurant page on Dis - I know there are some sights that will do the legwork for you - meaning they will keep checking for an opening for your party. I don't remember the name of the site that does it, but I'm sure if you asked you'll get a quick response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!