New Year's Eve in the parks... am I crazy?

RandyMF

Earning My Ears
Hi all- You may have seen my other post re: staying onsite 12/25-26 and going to the parks for those 2 days. Thanks again for all the great replies!

I had another question about New Year's Eve. We have 3-day tickets and I'm wondering would it be crazy to use our 3rd day on 12/31, which is the last day the ticket is valid (note: on this last visit day I'm also planning to switch my husband and son to seasonal passes since we'll be back in Florida in September. My ticket will already be upgraded to a preferred pass for our hotel stay).

I know Universal has separate New Year's Eve parties going on in Citywalk and onsite hotels, but how will it be inside the parks at night on 12/31? My parents live about 20 minutes away so we could go for a few hours in the morning, take a break at their house for the afternoon, and then return for late evening rides and to upgrade the passes. Is it worth it to come back at night or should we just go in the morning? Also, is guest services open as late as the park is open so we can upgrade to the passes that night?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Guest services in the parks are open and don't close until an hour + after the park closes.
There are times they will stay open much later than that hour especially if people are still in line.
They keep working until the guests line is empty has been my experience.

Guest Services are also located in City Walk

Parks and City Walk will be packed on NYE
Just like sardines in a can....

If it were me, I would go early morning and once I was done with the parks, would leave and not return.
The parking garage could be well packed if you came back at 8-9-10, etc, that night.

You could do the upgrade of the tickets to passes once you are done with the parks that day before you leave to return home.

This is just my opinion.
Others might be the complete opposite on what they tell you.
We all do the parks different in our own ways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter