New trip booked for 2018

we've stayed at the YC many times and never noticed noise...not ever...
and we've stayed in various parts of the hotel, water view, garden view etc..

i never specify where i want to be at the YC.....all the rooms have always seemed fine to me..
one thing nice about the YC vs the BC, all YC rooms have balconies, whereas, the BC don't...only some rooms at the BC have balconies..

personally, i've always prefered the YC over the BC....true they're essentially the same, but with different decor...
but i prefer the decor of the YC...and also the balcony thing...

as for your kids, i'm sure they'll enjoy stormalong bay, the swimming pool shared by YC and BC...
it is recognized by everyone to be the best resort pool on property...

Thanks. That's reassuring. Because we took them to POR and they loved it they are now focused on it. But I so wanted to go to YC and I know they'll find it a great location once they settle into their surroundings. It's our first experience of a Deluxe. They still don't know yet. We can't completely surprise them as that would be too much for them. But we do intend to keep it quiet until a few weeks before and then tell them. It's really hard though.

We've booked 15th August. Still a bit hesitant that we've made the right decision now we've actually booked it. The kids were really happy at POR. We had a fantastic room, top floor, corner with a river view. Now I'm worried because I haven't asked for anything other than high floor. We've booked a garden view, couldn't afford to go any further than that. I've read a few negative things about rooms near the elevators being noisy and there being a lot of noise through the doors from the hallways. The kids are really sensitive to that sort of thing so I'm wondering if I need to add to my request but not sure what to say. Then I read that some people ask to be near the elevators for ease. I'm a bit confused and because we're spending so much I don't want to do the wrong thing. When you're travelling with 2 autistic kids you think about all eventualities and can go round in circles.

It sounds like you've been before. Any tips for this resort?

I've also stayed at both yacht and beach club several times and you will love it. Fantastic location and while the qs may not be what you're used to at the hotel you are literally steps away from Epcot which has fantastic selection of places to choose from :)
As you've booked a garden view room I'd request a view of the wedding gazebo. Beautiful view and you will be able to see the boardwalk too if you're lucky :)
There's a great thread run by Natebenma that has everything you've ever wanted to know about the resorts in the 1st post over in the resorts forum. Lovely bunch of people happy to answer any questions you have.
Love the Yacht Club. My all time favorite place to be :)

We booked BC for Aug 2018 which is out third visit there. The location is what keeps drawing us back and the plethora of dining options around.

Re noise we had a noisey room next to us a couple of nights but no issues re hallways lifts etc. rooms can be a fair way away from the lifts but that can be a good or a bad thing!

WE booked for October 2018, second trip there. I looked to move it to May but sadly no room availability

:(

I am super annoyed that the school didn't publish the holidays for next year sooner, I could have gone in May!

Oh no, that's not good @HappyGrape! My daughter's school publish their school calendar in sept/October for the following school year. I'm anxiously waiting for 2018 school calendar cause we go in October 2018 and will hopefully be taking her out of school for only 3/4 days. But knowing our luck they will change it in October 2018 and only have 1 week of holiday! ( her school usually have 1 and a half weeks off in October )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter