New to Seaworld- have a few questions

LynnTH

DIS Veteran
So, DD16 and I are headed to Disney 3/17-3/24. Our flight arrives at noon on the 17th. Original plan was to do MK Dessert party and just hang out there after taking a nap (getting up at 3 am)

Well I got an email about the Seven Seas stuff at Seaworld and the concerts. Hunter Hayes is there on the 17th. DD loves him. So I bought us the 2018 pass tickets good for the rest of the year. We will most likely be back in Orlando this fall for kids fall break and figured we could use the tickets again then and actually have more time. I also splurged and paid $49 for front row tickets for the concert. DD is so excited

The plan is to take Magical Express to BWV and check in. Hoping a room will be ready but know it may not be. If not then we will leave carry one with bell services. Then we are going to take Uber to Seaworld. Am I correct in that the cost should be around $20?

Hoping to get to Seaworld by 3 or so. Concert is at 5. Even though we have front row tickets it is still seating on a first come basis. Do you think we need to go right into the concert venue right when we get there to get seats closer to the middle?

Would like to sample some of the food booths and thinking of buying one of the lanyards in advance good for 8 or 15 samples. Will we even have time to use this? It show Seaworld open til 8. Are the booths open that late is well? How long are the concerts?

Thanks for all the answers. Lynn

Hoping to get to Seaworld by 3 or so. Concert is at 5. Even though we have front row tickets it is still seating on a first come basis. Do you think we need to go right into the concert venue right when we get there to get seats closer to the middle?

Would like to sample some of the food booths and thinking of buying one of the lanyards in advance good for 8 or 15 samples. Will we even have time to use this? It show Seaworld open til 8. Are the booths open that late is well? How long are the concerts?

I can only answer a couple of these but hope that helps! We went to the Jacksons concert at the 7 seas food festival at SeaWorld last Saturday night. We did not have reserved seats like you did, but there were plenty of seats even right up until show time. I would assume that if you reserved a front row seat, it would be on a first come first serve basis as far as WHERE in the front row you sit. There were 2 front rows on either side of the stage stairs for the Jacksons concert, not sure if it will be the same for Hunter Hayes.

The lanyard with 8 samples is what we bought and it was a great value. However, we did have all day to use it. The concert was about 1 hour and 10 minutes long so that did not leave much time to eat after the concert was over because the park closed at 7. If they are showing the park being open until 8, I would say you are fine. The booths were indeed open after the concert was over. And unlike EPCOT's food & wine festival, there was rarely more than 3 people in every line. It made for a nice day!

I can only answer a couple of these but hope that helps! We went to the Jacksons concert at the 7 seas food festival at SeaWorld last Saturday night. We did not have reserved seats like you did, but there were plenty of seats even right up until show time. I would assume that if you reserved a front row seat, it would be on a first come first serve basis as far as WHERE in the front row you sit. There were 2 front rows on either side of the stage stairs for the Jacksons concert, not sure if it will be the same for Hunter Hayes.

The lanyard with 8 samples is what we bought and it was a great value. However, we did have all day to use it. The concert was about 1 hour and 10 minutes long so that did not leave much time to eat after the concert was over because the park closed at 7. If they are showing the park being open until 8, I would say you are fine. The booths were indeed open after the concert was over. And unlike EPCOT's food & wine festival, there was rarely more than 3 people in every line. It made for a nice day!

Thank You. That helps a lot. I think I may get the lanyard also. It does seem like a great deal - especially the 15 sample one - but we wouldn't have time to use all of that.

Thank You. That helps a lot. I think I may get the lanyard also. It does seem like a great deal - especially the 15 sample one - but we wouldn't have time to use all of that.

Also wanted to mention that there were only 2 of us using that 8 item lanyard, if you have more people than that, then the one for 15 items isn't all that far out of the question. The only thing to be aware of is that the booths are literally all over the park, so there's quite a walk between all of them, rather than them being all in one area. My favorite one (Brazil) was right behind the theater where the concerts are so that worked out well! Good luck and have fun!

Went to the Lifehouse concert last Sunday. Also didn't have reserved seats, but got there about 3:30 because I was just gonna sit around waiting anyway, why not get a good seat? :P I'd say the front row had maybe 5-6 people on each side when I got there. I believe that seating opens at 2pm? I don't think that anyone in the front rows sat down much anyway, and I'd guess every act would make an effort to say hello to all of the front row like Lifehouse did, so I guess it's a matter of how much you want to turn sideways to see center stage. :)

Also, the concert was more than an hour, almost an hour and a half. Lastly, all of the food booths were open on my way out at that time, so I would assume they stay open until 8.

Going to Alabama tonight. Will try to update this if I can remember to.

Last edited:
Went to the Lifehouse concert last Sunday. Also didn't have reserved seats, but got there about 3:30 because I was just gonna sit around waiting anyway, why not get a good seat? :P I'd say the front row had maybe 5-6 people on each side when I got there. I believe that seating opens at 2pm? I don't think that anyone in the front rows sat down much anyway, and I'd guess every act would make an effort to say hello to all of the front row like Lifehouse did, so I guess it's a matter of how much you want to turn sideways to see center stage. :)

Also, the concert was more than an hour, almost an hour and a half. Lastly, all of the food booths were open on my way out at that time, so I would assume they stay open until 8.

Going to Alabama tonight. Will try to update this if I can remember to.

Thanks for even info. 2 weeks and counting!!

Thanks for even info. 2 weeks and counting!!
A pleasure. Didn't end up going this weekend due to illness. The upside of that is that I'm sure to be better in time to see Daughtry this weekend. Maybe I'll be able to add details then.

We loved most of the items we tried at the festival last year. Are there any food items this year that are highly recommended?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!