New to Ft. Wilderness

jaysaint

Earning My Ears
Can someone help a newbie out? We've been to Disney World many times, but never visited Ft. Wilderness. I'm looking into renting an RV and trying it out in March. I just can't wrap my head around how it works. We would be driving down and likely often driving to the parks. How do you get from the car to RV camp sites and vice versa? I see you can rent a golf cart, but not sure where all you can go in a golf cart. I don't want to accidentally do something that makes our visit more complicated. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jillian

You park the car at the campsite. You can then walk, ride a bike, drive a golf cart or take an internal shuttle to the marina area or the main bus stop for Epcot, Hollywood, Disney Springs, etc.

Can someone help a newbie out? We've been to Disney World many times, but never visited Ft. Wilderness. I'm looking into renting an RV and trying it out in March. I just can't wrap my head around how it works. We would be driving down and likely often driving to the parks. How do you get from the car to RV camp sites and vice versa? I see you can rent a golf cart, but not sure where all you can go in a golf cart. I don't want to accidentally do something that makes our visit more complicated. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jillian
There will be space on your campsite to park your car. Since you are planning to drive to the parks, you may not feel a golf cart is necessary. You would have to walk to or take the internal fort bus to get to the pool or down to the settlement area. The settlement area is where the restaurants, boat dock, and beach area are located.

Welcome to the Fort Board

One of the best things about Disney properties to me is the transportation, I own a business and handle the sales, all i do is drive, everyday. Then to get to FW i have a 4 day drive. but when i have the camper backed in, the truck shut off and cold beer in my hand, knowing no more driving for 9 days, I truly am on vacation. we always get a golf cart but the transportation service to DW properties is great for us. Rarely wait over 20 minutes for the next bus to arrive

depending on when you are going, plan ahead and reserve the golf cart if you are going to! they sell out fast thru WDW, there are a few rental companies that you can rent one from. just do a search for it! also just in case you missed it, you can not drive your car to the pool, store..... there is no parking for vehicles, just golf carts. you can drive your car in and out of the campground.

We were newbies this past November. We rented a cabin and opted for the golf cart. We were SO happy we got the golf cart (through Disney). It was incredibly convenient and feel like it became such a part of the experience that we'll probably always rent again.

There are several Disney approved RV rental companies that will deliver to your site and set it up (not sure if that was clear from your original post).

I'm sold on FW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter